News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Things that make you go WTF? MkII

Started by SeVeNeVeS, July 15, 2015, 06:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that when you look for horse meat notmally, you can't find it for love nor money, and when you're not looking for it, it turns out you can't escape the stuff!

Horses are like buses it seems.

Sir Henry

In my teenage drinking years a drinking partner used to always stop at the same burger van after a night's revelry. Once, during a food scare he asked for "a dead horse and whale". The cook didn't bat an eyelid, just gave him his usual burger. This carried on and over the months it mutated into "a dead Orson Wells" which only once got a reaction - the people behind us were so put off their food by the image that they left the queue. Forty years on and I still call a burger a dead Orson Wells. ;D
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Alexis Voltaire

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on October 10, 2015, 04:27:04 PM
This is why I always hand slaughter all my Cats, Dogs, Squirrels, Rats, mice and the odd foetus.

You are what you eat and God forbid anything alien enter my foodchain.

There was a scandal of horse meat in supermarket food...... Damn the b@strds, Damn them all, that ai'nt healthy, hoofs, mechanically stripped (jet washed) chicken and beef, aaah, that's more comforting.

Burger or chicken nuggets anyone?

Speaking of burgers and nuggets, I realized some time ago that unless it's homemade, a burger probably contains meat from every single cow that went through the processor that day. Turns 'getting mad cow is a 1 in a millions chance' into a statistical probability if you ask me ::)
~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~

Emile

Quote from: MWBailey on October 10, 2015, 03:59:21 PM
Somebody pass me the pepto, would you?

Oh man, that's rich.... Hah!

Emile

Quote from: Wormster on October 10, 2015, 05:31:53 PM
DO you rheely believe everything that's posted in the interwebs????...........

I said I rheely don't know. Anyway, you're starting to make me go.... WTF!

von Corax

Quote from: Sir Nikolas Vendigroth on October 10, 2015, 09:27:20 PM
Horses are like buses it seems.
They always show up right after you light up a smoke?
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Emile

Quote from: Sir Henry on October 10, 2015, 10:14:34 PM
In my teenage drinking years a drinking partner used to always stop at the same burger van after a night's revelry. Once, during a food scare he asked for "a dead horse and whale". The cook didn't bat an eyelid, just gave him his usual burger. This carried on and over the months it mutated into "a dead Orson Wells" which only once got a reaction - the people behind us were so put off their food by the image that they left the queue. Forty years on and I still call a burger a dead Orson Wells. ;D

I don't believe any of that.... but I suppose it's still a good WTF (just not sure why).

GCCC

Quote from: Sir Henry on October 10, 2015, 10:14:34 PM
...Forty years on and I still call a burger a dead Orson Wells. ;D

"We will sell no burger before its time."

Sir Henry

Quote from: Emile on October 11, 2015, 04:41:22 AM
I don't believe any of that.... but I suppose it's still a good WTF (just not sure why).
That's just part of my incredible life. You probably also won't believe that the last time I heard of said drinking partner was in a small article in The Times, reporting on the fact that he had been sacked from Harrods for "being too stylish". ;D
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.

CPT_J_Percell

To quote NCIS

"Whats in this burger?"
"Don't think its real meat!"
"Probably goat."
*Takes a bite and walks of with the burger* "Good Goat!"

Talking of drinking night, After a night of heavy drinking (I was sick that night) 2 mates walk into a pizza shop and the cook ask if he want the pizza cut into 4 or 8 slices,
automatically one of them turns round says "4, can't manage six!"
WTF!
I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com

GCCC

Quote from: Sir Nikolas Vendigroth on October 10, 2015, 09:27:20 PM
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that when you look for horse meat normally, you can't find it for love nor money, and when you're not looking for it, it turns out you can't escape the stuff!...

"My Mama always told me, life is like a box of horses."

Fairley B. Strange

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

Clym Angus

Quote from: GCCC on October 11, 2015, 01:33:22 PM
Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on October 11, 2015, 01:27:42 PM
I always preferred this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0acEl97ZBME

;D

Could be worse; "Life is like your funny uncles tool shed. If you think about it, you know what's going to happen. Question is; will you finally pluck up the courage to make a grab for the hammer?"

What? I thought that was in keeping with WTF motif.

Drew P

A co-worker came up with this after the movie came out(yes, that long ago), I use it when the days just seem to get worse and worse.
So, if your work days are beginning to spiral and you want to add a chuckle....

brace yourself:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Life is like a box of buttplugs...*long pause*.... no matter which one you pick, you always get it up the a$$.

Alrighty, now that that's out of the way (or is it?!)...
Next!
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

J. Wilhelm

Not that it surprise me in the least bit, with what I know,  but,  Vogue's "Best Street Styles from Tokyo"  slideshow:

http://www.vogue.com/slideshow/13359939/tokyo-fashion-week-street-style/#1

Caledonian

wtf of the day is my techniques homework.
how am I supposed to describe a glass bottle without saying it's glass. or a bottle.
Passion is like a Peatfire

walking stick

Quote from: Caledonian on October 14, 2015, 11:24:01 AM
how am I supposed to describe a glass bottle without saying it's glass. or a bottle.

Clear container made from heat fused sand.  The shape is a wide base tapering to a narrow neck.
If you want something more elaborate than that you could try putting it up on the fancy word games thread. 

Caledonian

Quote from: walking stick on October 14, 2015, 01:52:40 PM
Quote from: Caledonian on October 14, 2015, 11:24:01 AM

Clear container made from heat fused sand.  The shape is a wide base tapering to a narrow neck.
If you want something more elaborate than that you could try putting it up on the fancy word games thread.  

Thank you but
Will they make some fancy dutch text for me?
The problem is that I need to describe every little detail to then conclude it is glass, with a cork and plastic stickers. Which is something i can see, because i know what glass looks like.
It's like explaning a colour.
Which I ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO because i can't say something is "a golden brown" because that's not specific enough because not all gold has the same colour.

Sir Henry

Quote from: Caledonian on October 14, 2015, 01:56:31 PM
Which I ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO because i can't say something is "a golden brown" because that's not specific enough because not all gold has the same colour.
Pantone 146, by any chance? http://www.pantone-colours.com/ It's how I describe colours without mentioning colour.

Caledonian

Quote from: Sir Henry on October 14, 2015, 03:09:08 PM
Quote from: Caledonian on October 14, 2015, 01:56:31 PM
Pantone 146, by any chance? http://www.pantone-colours.com/ It's how I describe colours without mentioning colour.

that looks usefull!

MWBailey

Fancy Dutch text? Do you mean calligraphy?
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Caledonian

Quote from: MWBailey on October 14, 2015, 03:59:14 PM
Fancy Dutch text? Do you mean calligraphy?

no i mean my teacher expects me to hand in a paper written in dutch.

Banfili