News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Things that make you go WTF? MkII

Started by SeVeNeVeS, July 15, 2015, 06:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: qubehead on September 08, 2015, 07:23:05 PM
There's a Carmen Miranda joke in there somewhere.  ;D

You won't see me with a fruit headress though.  And probably won't dressed like Carmen Miranda, mostly on account of a pair of missing melons, you see... ;D

Siliconous Skumins

Quote"kebab shop fined over human faeces contamination"

The owners of a kebab shop which sold food contaminated with human faeces have been ordered to pay compensation to customers who became ill.

In August, owners Mohammad Abdul Basit and Amjad Bhatti pleaded guilty to breaching food hygiene regulations.

More than 140 people were affected by the outbreak.

Appearing at Nottingham Crown Court, the owners were each given a suspended four month jail sentence and ordered to pay each victim £200.

Breaches included selling food unfit for human consumption, poor personal cleanliness of food workers and inadequate hand washing facilities and drainage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-34337626

That is bad enough, but the bit that made me go 'WTF'..... the name of the shop :

Khyber Pass

Seriously, the name is rhyming slang for ARSE !!   :D 

WTF?!...
[Server Prayer]
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.
                      My flesh is weak,
                      But my connection is eternal,
                      And therefore I am a god.      

[/Server Prayer] 

GCCC

Drew P

^...so that means that they haven't transitioned yet over to common TP? When it's so easy to be found.
Really?
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

Clym Angus

Caledonian

Passion is like a Peatfire

Emile

"kebab shop fined over human feces contamination"

Revolting, but the Arabs have nothing on the Chinese....

....I never eat in restaurants.

Emile

The real irony of course would be for a young woman having visited the clinic to get an abortion going to the Chinese restaurant a few days later and ordering the Sweet and Sour Baby Back Ribs which turn out to be, well....

....you can see where that's going.

Drew P

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

Emile

Clym Angus

Are we seriously discussing the semantics of the correct condiments used in relation to cannibalism?
Wow, just wow.

Caledonian

Quote from: Clym Angus on October 08, 2015, 09:27:11 AM
Are we seriously discussing the semantics of the correct condiments used in relation to cannibalism?
Wow, just wow.

We're turning into TUMBLR
Well...it's a wtf thread anyway
Passion is like a Peatfire

Emile

Then there's Planned Parenthood (funny name for an outfit involved with killing babies, should be called Planned Non-Parenthood) selling fetusses. It's a whole damn industry, food (apparently quite common in China for centuries), medical research.... Where else are they using them, the cosmetics industry maybe? The fish food I feed to my Goldfish? Maybe they would make good car wax....

....WTF!

Emile

While we're on the subject.... Did you hear the one about the baby born with wisdom teeth? It was considered to be a molar pregnancy.

Sir Henry

Quote from: Emile on October 07, 2015, 06:44:58 PM

One of the joys of the internet is the number of fake news sites intended "for entertainment purposes only" like this one. One of the sadnesses is that some folk take them seriously. Anyone remember

Brass Eye?
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Clym Angus

Quote from: Sir Henry on October 08, 2015, 02:42:53 PM

One of the joys of the internet is the number of fake news sites intended "for entertainment purposes only" like this one. One of the sadnesses is that some folk take them seriously. Anyone remember

Brass Eye?

Which is why sir, I reacted to the reactions. 

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Sir Henry on October 08, 2015, 02:42:53 PM

Brass Eye?

This is CAKE! (The perfect Steampunk Narcotic  ;D ).
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Emile

Hah! I've been had.... WTF!

But, at the same time The Seoul Times has not retracted this story (graphic image warning) and there does actually seem to be some precedent for this sort of thing having occurred in both the distant past
and even the the not to distant past.

So is it real? It's conceivable as some sort of cultural "on the down low" medicinal thing I suppose. Is it a hoax? I don't know, but the photographs in The Seoul Times look pretty convincing for a hoaxer to come up with. Anyway, nothing would surprise me. There are billions of strange people out there and no shortage of bizarre secretive culturally sanctioned behaviours (look at the Afgans for example, really creepy, another good reason to go.... WTF!). In fact, as it turns out, that's really all there are, from my vantage point anyway (myself included)....  

....I still don't eat in restaurants.

Emile

And we did get a good fresh baby joke out of it....

Quote from: Emile on October 08, 2015, 11:13:14 AM
While we're on the subject.... Did you hear the one about the baby born with wisdom teeth? It was considered to be a molar pregnancy.

....really very tasteful I thought.

Clym Angus

Despite this unfortunate incident, you are quite probably best served by avoiding.restaurants.
It is good to know what your eating. Such assurance can lead a bolstering solace. Sadly lacking in this day and age.

MWBailey

Somebody pass me the pepto, would you?
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

SeVeNeVeS

This is why I always hand slaughter all my Cats, Dogs, Squirrels, Rats, mice and the odd foetus.

You are what you eat and God forbid anything alien enter my foodchain.

There was a scandal of horse meat in supermarket food...... Damn the b@strds, Damn them all, that ai'nt healthy, hoofs, mechanically stripped (jet washed) chicken and beef, aaah, that's more comforting.

Burger or chicken nuggets anyone?

Wormster

Quote from: Emile on October 08, 2015, 09:29:07 PM
Hah! I've been had.... WTF!

But, at the same time The Seoul Times has not retracted this story (graphic image warning) and there does actually seem to be some precedent for this sort of thing having occurred in both the distant past
and even the the not to distant past.

So is it real? It's conceivable as some sort of cultural "on the down low" medicinal thing I suppose. Is it a hoax? I don't know, but the photographs in The Seoul Times look pretty convincing for a hoaxer to come up with. Anyway, nothing would surprise me. There are billions of strange people out there and no shortage of bizarre secretive culturally sanctioned behaviours (look at the Afgans for example, really creepy, another good reason to go.... WTF!). In fact, as it turns out, that's really all there are, from my vantage point anyway (myself included)....  

....I still don't eat in restaurants.

DO you rheely believe everything that's posted in the interwebs????...........
Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!

CPT_J_Percell

THings that make you go WTF?
When the UK had it's Horse meat scare, I walked up to a road side snack wagon and asked for a 1/4 pound horseburger with bacon and cheese while keeping a strait face.
Lets just say that the poor cooke was double over with laughter!
I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com