News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Best Quotations Concerning Tea

Started by J. Penn, September 09, 2015, 04:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudlin Hart

In Ukraine they apparently say that a man without a moustache is like a woman with one...
Ragamuffin

Prof. Cecily

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.

Bread and water can so easily be toast and tea. ~Author Unknown

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Ashbags

Quote from: Hez on September 09, 2015, 06:37:12 PM

My new favourite quote (found while trying to find the former because I couldn't remember who said it:
"There are those who love to get dirty and fix things. They drink coffee at dawn, beer after work.
And those who stay clean, just appreciate things. At breakfast they have milk and juice at night.
There are those who do both, they drink tea."
― Gary Snyder

This strikes me as fairly accurate!!

morozow

Tea drinking is pleasant to live in.

Only in Russian it is in rhyme :)
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

J. Penn

"Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book." ― Bill Watterson

CPT_J_Percell

Quote from: morozow on February 10, 2016, 11:22:22 AM
Tea drinking is pleasant to live in.

Only in Russian it is in rhyme :)

In Mother Russia the tea drinks you!
I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com

morozow

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Prof Marvel

一碗喉吻潤,

二碗破孤悶,

三碗搜枯腸,

惟有文字五千卷,

四碗發輕汗,

平生不平事盡向毛孔散,

五碗肌骨清,

六碗通仙靈,

七碗吃不得也,

唯覺兩腋習習清風生。

蓬萊山﹐在何處,玉川子乘此清風欲歸去。

七碗诗 卢仝(唐. 790~835)

Spoiler: ShowHide
Lu Tong's Seven Bowls of Tea:

The first bowl moistens my lips and throat;
The second bowl breaks my loneliness;
The third bowl searches my barren entrails but to find
Therein some five thousand scrolls;
The fourth bowl raises a slight perspiration
And all life's inequities pass out through my pores;
The fifth bowl purifies my flesh and bones;
The sixth bowl calls me to the immortals.
The seventh bowl could not be drunk,
only the breath of the cool wind raises in my sleeves.
Where is Penglai Island, Yuchuanzi wishes to ride on this sweet breeze and go back.

Lu Tong ( 790~835 )
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

J. Penn

"Tea is quiet and our thirst for tea is never far from our craving for beauty." -James Norwood Pratt

GCCC

Quote from: morozow on February 25, 2016, 09:42:35 PM
;) In mother Russia, tea is.

What is the name of this painting and who is the artist?

morozow

Quote from: GCCC on March 21, 2016, 05:37:31 PM
Quote from: morozow on February 25, 2016, 09:42:35 PM
;) In mother Russia, tea is.

What is the name of this painting and who is the artist?

The picture is called - the Landowner for tea.

Author Pauline Luchanovo

Born in 1977 in the city of Nizhneudinsk, Irkutsk region.
In 1992 he graduated from art school Nizhneudinsk
In 1998 he graduated with honors from Irkutsk art College
1996-1997 Awarded a scholarship of the Ministry of culture of Russia and culture Committee of the Irkutsk region for excellent studies and creative activities.

2001-2010 Studied at the Russian Academy of painting , sculpture and architecture Glazunov.
2004 he Defended his thesis on small antique picture of "the Duel of Menelaus with Paris"(awarded creative trip to Venice as part of a group of students and teachers headed by I. S. Glazunov)
2004-2008 Studied at the landscape workshop Ravis A. P. Afonina
2008-2010 Studied at the portrait Studio Regwiz D. A. Slepushkina
2010 he Defended his thesis big picture "For lunch. Self-portrait with children"

Capturing the everyday life of a happy motherhood, the artist shares with the viewer the joy of communicating with children, Sunny morning, the warmth and coziness of hearth. Sonia, Lisa and Sava depicted in a familiar home environment, full of harmony and beauty. This permeates a canvas of love warms the glance of the spectator, and fills his heart with peace and kindness. The theme of childhood, the family idyll is one of the most important in the work of the artist.

http://vdohnovenie2.ru/realisticheskaya-russkaya-zhivopis-xudozhnicy-poliny-luchanovoj/

And if I'm not mistaken, this is her Vkontakte (this is our analog of Facebook) - https://vk.com/id18600284

GCCC

morozow

While I was looking for the answer to the question about the artist, found a small selection of paintings about the tea party.

http://eho-2013.livejournal.com/138718.html

Hez

Quote from: morozow on March 21, 2016, 06:55:01 PM
While I was looking for the answer to the question about the artist, found a small selection of paintings about the tea party.

http://eho-2013.livejournal.com/138718.html

Thank you for the link.  Some of those are lovely.

J. Penn

"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." - Chinese Proverb

J. Penn

"Water is the mother of tea, a teapot its father, and fire the teacher." --Chinese Proverb

morozow

Perhaps a copy paste about a samovar was born today (I am not the author)

---------

Caution, NSFW Language: ShowHide
Oh, so you wanna know about SAMOVAR? Let me tell you.

First of all, SAMOVAR is fucking HUGE.

How much water can your kettle fit? 1.5 liters, 2 liters? That's pathetic, my damn tea mug is bigger than that. SAMOVAR can boil enough water for you, your family, your friends, your neighbours and you'll still have some to take a bath afterwards, all in one go.

Second, SAMOVAR is fucking BEAUTIFUL.

Look at your kettle. You probably won't even notice it at first among all the other kitchen stuff, that's how bland it is. You can't miss SAMOVAR, it's fucking gorgeous beyond imagination. When you gather your family for a tea party, SAMOVAR stands proudly right in the middle of the dinner table, getting all the worshipping sights. It's like having a private Philip Kirkorov concert, your little sissy kettle can only watch enviously and wish it died from power surge.

Third, SAMOVAR is fucking REWARDING.

Kettle isn't just boring to look at, but also to interact with. Click a plastic button, wait a few minutes, pour some water and forget about it's existence. SAMOVAR ain't some fucking easy-to-please cheap plane Jane poorly made in China, you gotta prove yourself worthy of it's warmth.

First you should sharpen your axe and get to the nearest forest to cut down a couple of trees like a real man. Once you get back home, you chop these trees into firewood, fill the SAMOVAR with fresh, cleanest water your wife brought from nearest well and start fire inside SAMOVAR's belly to make sure Prometheus didn't suffer for nothing. Once fire is up and nice, you feed SAMOVAR with some finest pine cones you grabbed on your way back, inhaling the wonderful smells of the forest. And of course that's when you grab the most delicious tea you have in disposal and start brewing it.

And then, after you've poured yourself a cup of steaming hot wonderful drink, you know SAMOVAR recognized you as worthy and feel fucking complete.

Why the fuck are you still here? Go get yourself a majestic SAMOVAR and start drinking tea the way God intended.

Ceir

Regardless of his genre, one can never discount the wisdom of one Jean-Luc Picard.

"Tea, Earl Grey, hot."
In all fairness, some of those who wander are definitely lost.