News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Role Playing Games

Started by Barrington Von Steamy, September 22, 2015, 12:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Von Steamy

I wonder if anyone hear is interested in the type of role playing games along the lines of
Call of Cthulhu etc ?
I am not sure if there are any specifically designed for Steampunk,but without doing some research I would be very supprised to find that there are none
While getting together isn't allways practical,these games can often be played by email.
I would be gretefull to hear the thoughts of anyone that might be interested

Caledonian

isn't there a topic board for this?

I /might/ be interested
Passion is like a Peatfire

Barrington Von Steamy

Hi
I am just about to leave for a trip
I will look into it more when I get back in a week or so
Thanks for your interest

Caledonian

The Sammy

There's a sight called Storium that is tailored to play-by-post style games. Might be what you're after. Doesn't use die though, I've found using that kind of setup requires something like Roll20 (a video chat style game) to keep it fair.
~Longeye~

Peter Brassbeard

There are dice rolling plugins (of varying quality) for some forum software.

Barrington Von Steamy

How about we get a group of people together who are interested and write our own set of rules
This could be a fun way to get going
Using bits from allready available sets and introducing aspects of steampunk as we see fit
Thoughts?
Barrington

Caledonian

I guess ^^ I'll need lots of explanation, though

gaslampfantasy

If you have a favourite steampunk rpg it would not be impossible to work out the stats of the monsters, using Chaosium's products as a guide. I find the idea of a nightgaunt appearing in Castle Falkenstein as quite intriguing.

CPT_J_Percell

There is a subforum for this kind of thing.
I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com