News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Somewhere between Gaaaaah and Things That Make You Happy ...

Started by Cora Courcelle, November 21, 2015, 10:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banfili

TB? Where did he get that from? I know it's making a bit of a comeback, but still ...!

Your poor dad! But ... anyone can break a bone, get an infection, have epilepsy etc., but being an older person makes it just that bit tougher to fight.
Best wishes for his recovery, SeVeNeVeS.

MWBailey

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on February 24, 2017, 09:37:27 AM
Quote from: Banfili on February 08, 2017, 01:46:28 PM
Don't do that, J.Wilhelm - think how disappointed the young lady will be - not to mention wasting a perfectly good rose!

The bad news is that my heart is now broken. One unused Origami rose available to anyone who needs one. I'll eat the chocolates.

The good news is that I don't have to bite my nails any longer in suspense.

The bad news is I don't know what to live for. I don't know what my life is good for.

The good news is that now I can behave as badly as I want. I can use this excuse to behave as an arse.

The bad news is that behaving badly doesn't give me what I want.

I may never get what I want. All I can do is indulge in what I can get.

Tomorrow I will be at my worst gender bending behaviour as that is my psychological pacifier. I pity the fools who walk into my path.

Ashuramaru is a boy vampire who turned into a demon. He has an androgynous appearance and wears a long black and white Halter dress. Ashuramaru currently inhabits the body of a young Japanese boy soldier. You see, in the End of Days, humans signed pacts with demons and captured the highest ranking Angels, the Seraphs, in order to stop the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and in doing so started a war with the Vampire Race ~ Seraph of the End graphic novel

Chin up. Sometimes they change their minds.

And if she doesn't? You now have one more experience, and will have a bit more scar tissue to shield yourself with, for the next time a rejection happens (and it will, it's just the way these things work. Just don't quit...).

Yeah, OK. Maybe you stumbled, but that means you're moving forward (yes you are, too. One doesn't walk backwards toward a potential lover; it's impossible)

I may not be much of a "sage" at this stuff, but one thing i can confidently say is that I believe that one is not a failure, romantically or otherwise, until one is dead - and suicide is a really lame  thing to do; it robs you of watching the happy ending (yes, I've been there, too), if nothing else.

So keep walking forward. You never know, maybe you'll meet a Lady bending genders the other way - and hit it off...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: Banfili on February 25, 2017, 09:56:51 PM
TB? Where did he get that from? I know it's making a bit of a comeback, but still ...!

Your poor dad! But ... anyone can break a bone, get an infection, have epilepsy etc., but being an older person makes it just that bit tougher to fight.
Many thanks for the wishes young Banfili. As to where TB was caught still remains a mystery.
After a few weeks of stuff going on he has only had contact with me, my Mum, carers and hospital staff, so take a guess, my bet is on hospital staff, could be wrong, but.......

Wondering what could be next on the list, MRSA, rickets, scurvey or the plague.  ;D

I would just like to add I am not having a go at the NHS. I was present at the last fall and can only say the paramedic that attended was outstanding in the way she handled the situation. A really good person, really good at her job.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: MWBailey on February 26, 2017, 04:07:17 AM
Don't do that, J.Wilhelm - think how disappointed the young lady will be - not to mention wasting a perfectly good rose!

The bad news is that my heart is now broken. One unused Origami rose available to anyone who needs one. I'll eat the chocolates.

The bad news is I don't know what to live for. I don't know what my life is good for.

The good news is that now I can behave as badly as I want. I can use this excuse to behave as an arse.

Tomorrow I will be at my worst gender bending behaviour as that is my psychological pacifier. I pity the fools who walk into my path.

Ashuramaru is a boy vampire who turned into a demon. He has an androgynous appearance and wears a long black and white Halter dress. Ashuramaru currently inhabits the body of a young Japanese boy soldier. You see, in the End of Days, humans signed pacts with demons and captured the highest ranking Angels, the Seraphs, in order to stop the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and in doing so started a war with the Vampire Race ~ Seraph of the End graphic novel

And if she doesn't? You now have one more experience, and will have a bit more scar tissue to shield yourself with, for the next time a rejection happens (and it will, it's just the way these things work. Just don't quit...).

Yeah, OK. Maybe you stumbled, but that means you're moving forward (yes you are, too. One doesn't walk backwards toward a potential lover; it's impossible)

I may not be much of a "sage" at this stuff, but one thing i can confidently say is that I believe that one is not a failure, romantically or otherwise, until one is dead - and suicide is a really lame  thing to do; it robs you of watching the happy ending (yes, I've been there, too), if nothing else.

So keep walking forward. You never know, maybe you'll meet a Lady bending genders the other way - and hit it off...

Thank you for your words. I was really numb a couple of days ago, and now I feel the pain more than on Thursday.

I've already discarded the notion. My emotional self protection mechanism has kicked in, and I don't think that she'll reconsider. My impression is that she's scared, which I believe more than she having some sort of long distance relationship with someone else in New York, since she arrived to Austin one month ago. And noting she's not slated to return to NY.

I'm the type of person who can be involved in a car wreck where the car is totalled, and then within half an hour take a hold of the wheel of another car and finish the day's work (literally I did that in 2004). But every second lost in the process is one second less I have of life, and that I mourn more than the damage on my mind/body.

I'm not giving up on dating, but it's hard to wrap my mind around it right now... I can't even look at the bag of chocolates I intended to give her.  

Rovingjack is giving me a good idea for a way to accelerate the process of getting into the dating market and finding potential candidates (He suggests a "Dating Practice" that is, double dates that are not dates. I guess similar to speed dating without the speed just group dates with partner rotation) and I have a tool (Meetup.com) to set it all up, although I just don't know how to implement it exactly.

Rovingjack is right, of course but I'd be lying to you if I told you that I'm not absolutely furious about having to resort to 'special fixes" for something that most people take for granted. The simplest things in life are difficult for me. I'm so angry I feel like strangling someone, I feel like lashing out, but it's no one's fault and there's no one there.

Banfili

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on February 26, 2017, 09:56:52 AM

Your poor dad! But ... Anyone can break a bone, get an infection, have epilepsy etc., but being an older person makes it just that bit tougher to fight.
Many thanks for the wishes young Banfili. As to where TB was caught still remains a mystery.
After a few weeks of stuff going on he has only had contact with me, my Mum, carers and hospital staff, so take a guess, my bet is on hospital staff, could be wrong, but.......

Wondering what could be next on the list, MRSA, rickets, scurvey or the plague.  ;D

I would just like to add I am not having a go at the NHS. I was present at the last fall and can only say the paramedic that attended was outstanding in the way she handled the situation. A really good person, really good at her job.

'Not-so-young' Banfili, but thank you for the compliment, SeVeNeVeS. Your dad is a little old for rickets (I had it as an infant), and probably gets enough sunshine and eats enough fruit and veg to keep scurvy and rickets at bay, but plague is a different kettle of fish!! My neighbour was telling me just today of someone who is supposed to have caught the plague from cloth binding on an old book - the cloth is presumed to have been in contact with a plague sufferer. How true it is I don't know, but there is plague out there still, just waiting to make a real comeback, like measles, polio and smallpox. Someone on the hospital staff may be a silent carrier.

MWBailey

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on February 26, 2017, 12:08:34 PM
Quote from: MWBailey on February 26, 2017, 04:07:17 AM

I may not be much of a "sage" at this stuff, but one thing i can confidently say is that I believe that one is not a failure, romantically or otherwise, until one is dead - and suicide is a really lame  thing to do; it robs you of watching the happy ending (yes, I've been there, too), if nothing else.

Thank you for your words. I was really numb a couple of days ago, and now I feel the pain more than on Thursday.

I've already discarded the notion. My emotional self protection mechanism has kicked in, and I don't think that she'll reconsider. My impression is that she's scared, which I believe more than she having some sort of long distance relationship with someone else in New York, since she arrived to Austin one month ago. And noting she's not slated to return to NY.

I'm the type of person who can be involved in a car wreck where the car is totalled, and then within half an hour take a hold of the wheel of another car and finish the day's work (literally I did that in 2004). But every second lost in the process is one second less I have of life, and that I mourn more than the damage on my mind/body.

I'm not giving up on dating, but it's hard to wrap my mind around it right now... I can't even look at the bag of chocolates I intended to give her.  

Rovingjack is giving me a good idea for a way to accelerate the process of getting into the dating market and finding potential candidates (He suggests a "Dating Practice" that is, double dates that are not dates. I guess similar to speed dating without the speed just group dates with partner rotation) and I have a tool (Meetup.com) to set it all up, although I just don't know how to implement it exactly.

Rovingjack is right, of course but I'd be lying to you if I told you that I'm not absolutely furious about having to resort to 'special fixes" for something that most people take for granted. The simplest things in life are difficult for me. I'm so angry I feel like strangling someone, I feel like lashing out, but it's no one's fault and there's no one there.

Just an idea: Take the chocolate, melt it down, and mold it into a new form (maybe even carve or hammer a mold for it, or make it into an amorphous blob and carve the chocolate), and eat it yourself, or take it as a dessert/knickknack item to a party or something. The act of learning to reprocess the stuff and doing so, and then using it for a positive purpose would probably help you channel the violence you feel welling up into a more constructive force, with a far more positive result.

Or, if it's too painful, just throw it out. Generally, avoid keeping negativity around (one of my own stumbling blocks), and either process it into positivity, or get rid of it outright, so grudges or other self-damage can't set in.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: MWBailey on February 26, 2017, 03:11:17 PM

Just an idea: Take the chocolate, melt it down, and mold it into a new form (maybe even carve or hammer a mold for it, or make it into an amorphous blob and carve the chocolate), and eat it yourself, or take it as a dessert/knickknack item to a party or something. The act of learning to reprocess the stuff and doing so, and then using it for a positive purpose would probably help you channel the violence you feel welling up into a more constructive force, with a far more positive result.

Or, if it's too painful, just throw it out. Generally, avoid keeping negativity around (one of my own stumbling blocks), and either process it into positivity, or get rid of it outright, so grudges or other self-damage can't set in.

Chocolate Bazooka. With an Origami rose as a fuse.

MWBailey

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on February 27, 2017, 04:02:56 AM

This needs to happen, just because it's so KEWL...

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on February 26, 2017, 09:56:52 AM

Also, consider me in on the list of people wishing the best. I was so self absorbed in my own issues I didn't read your posts.

Seven, I had to take care of my grandfather who had bladder and prostate issues as well as dementia. He had skin cancer but that was fairly innocuous overall. He has blood pressure issues, and with the prostate medication he would sometimes pass out with his eyes open and just fall to the ground hard. HE was so heavy I could not carry him. Later. when having heart problems, then he caught the MRSA while at the hospital. He was fine before when he was at the house and later when his son (my uncle) sent him to the nursing home. It was the hospital. No doubt about it.

He lived to the age 0f 95. His health was fairly reasonable (save the bladder issue) until the age of 81. After that he started going down fast.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: MWBailey on February 27, 2017, 05:24:48 AM
Quote from: J. Wilhelm on February 27, 2017, 04:02:56 AM

This needs to happen, just because it's so KEWL...

I even have the cardboard pipes to do it. But right now I have everything in a box I made so I could have the letter, rose and choclates at the office and spring it when necessary, I can't even bring myself to open the box. I have to dispose of the original letter inside (I made a copy which is what she got)

J. Wilhelm

Today, I'm addicted to Reese's mini peanut butter cups. It's a bad thing in some ways, but such a good thing in others  ;D

morozow

I "attacked" in the shop with old books.

Yesterday brought the bag, today she brought a bag. Last week went there.

Today I bought a collection of postcards with military form.

Takes a bit of money. And most importantly, what to do with these books? Where to take place?
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Cora Courcelle

Well if anyone can actually come up with a good solution of where to put books I'd also like to know it.  (But in the meantime I did read about a charity shop that has asked people not to donate any more copies of Dan Browns 'Da Vinci Code' as they have so many copies already ....)
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

morozow

well, I have a dacha. There is already a bunch of books.

One day I will read them all. Those that haven't read it yet. And there more :(

Until I decided to buy used books only if they are older than me. Possible.
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

And again books.

Consider the catalogue of a small publishing house. As I understand it - terrible pirates. Produce books in small runs. Books for connoisseurs and fans. Old fiction, foreign fiction, the official translation which is not, and so on... And publications is good, with pictures.

I would have bought. But the price where-that $ 50 is quite a lot.

Here I think what to do. Who will win: Greed? or a passion for collecting?

Synistor 303

We bought a house with a room downstairs that is bookshelves from floor to ceiling - mass storage for all our books. (Insert Smug Git Face here!)

Now the Gaaaaah... Both our mothers died within a relatively short time of each other, and all their personal belonging are now ensconced in boxes in the downstairs room. To get to the garage you have to walk through the room, so all the boxes and stuff had to be stored in front of the bookshelves to create a passage. Can't get to the books.

Still, could be worse - I know people who would not have a book in their house. Not. A. Single. Book.  :o

Rockula

The 'Gaaaaah' is my poor Maths working out our monthly bills and calculating for a 5 week month when it was only 4.

What makes me happy is being 'flush' a week before pay day because of it.  ;D
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

rovingjack

Helped a good friend and housemate of many years move out today. A week before the scummy new property owners deadline for leaving without need of paying additional rent.

Halfway through the process the landlord sent his buddy of 15 year, whom he's renting the downstairs to, to tape to our door a demand for rent, and an eviction notice for each of us.

While this may seem to be a straight gah, it's only a Gah in that he's trying to harass us out and is winding the third housemate up (anxiety and PTSD).

The happy? He's thoroughly incompetent. He's keeps quoting the incorrect amounts for rent, keeps saying he is going to hold anyone responsible for everyone else, despite spereate leases and different lengths of stay for everybody (which is a defacto classification of the property as a rooming house). And he keeps changing his terms in printed documents we all have personal copies of.

The guys an idiot.

Even moreso because he's got the loan from a Federal Housing (FHA) which stipulates the house has to be owner occupied within 60 days. Remember how I said he'd rented the downstairs to his friend, well we live upstairs, there are no other parts of the house to live. and 60 days approaches. Oh and the eviction appeals process can take 3 to nine months, during which he's not allowed to prevent us from living here, and he's not allowed to enter the property without 24 hours notice and good reason (each time, aka he can't pretend to be a housemate to us).

PS. just heard from one of the other housemates about some dates on the forms. It states on the first letter from weeks ago that if we leave by June 15 we don't have to pay rent and would be given our security deposits as we leave. It's not June 15th yet, in fact it's June 7th and the new letter says that due to our refusal to pay rent as requested on June 8th each of us is supposed to be on the hook for the combined rent for each person for a month plus 15 dollars for late payment fees.

The guy thinks he's a time traveler.

He figures the time and energy requirements to take it to court would be too difficult for people like my housemate with his full time job and toddler. Lol, I'm unemployed on disability (meaning the court has protections for me and it also means that disability moneys cannot be taken from me to pay the landlord). I may be looking for a part time job, but I have plenty of time to make this process as painful as possible and make any court appointments needed.

And if we play our cards right, not only will it cost him 150% of a months rent just to get us into court, but if he tries to remove anything of ours from the property or restrict our access to the property we can sue for damages (as much as 1000$, and more if he continues in defiance of court order to violate our property or living space). And because of the changing agreements, wrong address, and a few other misconducts we can likely get between 3-9 months more on the property if we so chose (well past his failure on his loan through FHA). and if at any time during that process he has not kept the security deposits by some very strict rules we can sue him for another 1000 on top of the original security deposit, and if we can get him to admit that he knew he was supposed to keep it according to those rules but didn't we could triple that.

so in the long run this guy could add close to 10.000 to his costs, lose his loan, and each of us tenants could make money from this process. And it gives me a chance to clobber a bully with his own mistakes.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: rovingjack on June 08, 2017, 05:14:57 AM
Helped a good friend and housemate of many years move out today. A week before the scummy new property owners deadline for leaving without need of paying additional rent.

Halfway through the process the landlord sent his buddy of 15 year, whom he's renting the downstairs to, to tape to our door a demand for rent, and an eviction notice for each of us.

While this may seem to be a straight gah, it's only a Gah in that he's trying to harass us out and is winding the third housemate up (anxiety and PTSD).

The happy? He's thoroughly incompetent. He's keeps quoting the incorrect amounts for rent, keeps saying he is going to hold anyone responsible for everyone else, despite spereate leases and different lengths of stay for everybody (which is a defacto classification of the property as a rooming house). And he keeps changing his terms in printed documents we all have personal copies of.

The guys an idiot.

Even moreso because he's got the loan from a Federal Housing (FHA) which stipulates the house has to be owner occupied within 60 days. Remember how I said he'd rented the downstairs to his friend, well we live upstairs, there are no other parts of the house to live. and 60 days approaches. Oh and the eviction appeals process can take 3 to nine months, during which he's not allowed to prevent us from living here, and he's not allowed to enter the property without 24 hours notice and good reason (each time, aka he can't pretend to be a housemate to us).

PS. just heard from one of the other housemates about some dates on the forms. It states on the first letter from weeks ago that if we leave by June 15 we don't have to pay rent and would be given our security deposits as we leave. It's not June 15th yet, in fact it's June 7th and the new letter says that due to our refusal to pay rent as requested on June 8th each of us is supposed to be on the hook for the combined rent for each person for a month plus 15 dollars for late payment fees.

The guy thinks he's a time traveler.

He figures the time and energy requirements to take it to court would be too difficult for people like my housemate with his full time job and toddler. Lol, I'm unemployed on disability (meaning the court has protections for me and it also means that disability moneys cannot be taken from me to pay the landlord). I may be looking for a part time job, but I have plenty of time to make this process as painful as possible and make any court appointments needed.

And if we play our cards right, not only will it cost him 150% of a months rent just to get us into court, but if he tries to remove anything of ours from the property or restrict our access to the property we can sue for damages (as much as 1000$, and more if he continues in defiance of court order to violate our property or living space). And because of the changing agreements, wrong address, and a few other misconducts we can likely get between 3-9 months more on the property if we so chose (well past his failure on his loan through FHA). and if at any time during that process he has not kept the security deposits by some very strict rules we can sue him for another 1000 on top of the original security deposit, and if we can get him to admit that he knew he was supposed to keep it according to those rules but didn't we could triple that.

so in the long run this guy could add close to 10.000 to his costs, lose his loan, and each of us tenants could make money from this process. And it gives me a chance to clobber a bully with his own mistakes.

Should have notarized one of his eviction notices on the 7th, so you can show to the court that he's claiming your refusal on the 8th. Either way, I'd set myself to live somewhere else - with all of your important documents and valuable possessions OUTSIDE of his property now.  The guy is an idiot, but can be a destructive one with his "buddy" living sownstairs. Next thing you know he'll claim his buddy is in fact "family," and thus he has already occupied the property.

Some of the worst people I have met in my life were greedy low-IQ people who bought a property they could not afford and had one of those loans which depended on making the house habitable or meet specifications within a deadline so a sucker lender would give them money they could not make in the first place...

Many years ago, one of those types and his wife bought an unfinished a multi-million dollar mansion on lakefront property, and me and my grandfather were one of the major contractors in the house. We made and installed $50,000 worth of facade and interior hand-carved limestone work. Thinking he could get away with not paying the contractors until after the loan had been approved, the couple continued getting new contractors and not paying them, in the hope that one day the house would be finished before the deadline.

Naturally, he got into hot water with every single contractor working in the house when he didn't pay. The couple owed us alone $20 000. We sued the couple, and surprised that we sued them, they counter-sued claiming that our "incompetence" somehow magically prevented them from getting the loan approved. The wood cabinet maker, in anger removed every single cabinet door and detachable piece of wood in the house.

That was back in 1997? The case never went past the deposition stage. The couple and their children disappeared off the face of the Earth, and in 2008 when we declared bankruptcy, not even their lawyers could find them.

Greed makes stupid people very dangerous Rovingjack. Being stupid and evil is a very dangerous combination. People like that always lose but create unbelievable damage in the process of going down. So don't stay there more than you have to. Safeguard your possessions. Have a plan. If on top of that you want to take them to court, that's fine, as long as you're safe, not in their house, and you are not in the street.

rovingjack

I've got video and photos with date stamps of the documents that have 'traveled through time' recorded one of the tenants reading off the date of refusal as the 8th when she is reading it stating and time stamped as the 7th. I've also posted notices to several social media site about it before it's supposed to have happened and can supply evidence.

I also have another place that I should be able to start moving into next week. The one tenant is gone, we still have time to post a notice on his 'supposed residence' door before the event supposed happed that that tenant is gone before it happened, and it can be signed by witnesses and photoed and videoed and posted to social media. But since he has already recieved his notice for refusal for after that it's evidence that something is going on.

Now the fun part is that FHA loan, see if he was living where he's supposed to be he would have gotten the notice before he got 'the refusal' but since he didn't...

Once I've begun moving things into the new place next week I will leave mostly unimportant things still here and continue to occupy the dwelling. I hope he does try to do something to my property, or try to lock me out, or use the security deposit as his own money. Each one of those actions is a violation of the RSAs and punishable by fines of 1000 or more if they continue knowingly to do those things.

He's an employee of a lending agency I have the contact for, his parents live in a house nearby and were participating in the lead paint sanding downstairs. Any attempt to get away and hide means he loses the loan for the house. and he can't take any money from me anyway. he literally has no leverage on me, and none of it can cost me anything other than some craft supplies and a foam mattress.

But trying to get at me would cost him his career, house, and put leave his parents in a tight spot.

This guy genuinely is incompetent. If he enters the apartment without 24 hour notice I can call the cops. they cannot really arrest him but they can make sure he is removed, and an incident is filed, which is a violation of RSAs and subject to fines and potentially jail time.

I e-mailed the FHA to get advice of the situation of potential fraud with a federal loan. So on top of all the other things I'm a whistle blower I guess too which make any retalitory actions criminal ( I guess technically the same applies to the lead paint reporting too).
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

rovingjack

Since the messages taped to our door last nigh were stated as an eviction for refusal to pay rent as requested on June 8th 7pm. I got the housemate back here to help with a few things and to hand write a notice of quitting the property:

June 8th 2017, 11 am
To Name changed to D'oh Boy for the purposes of this post,

I, -tenants name-, post notice that I have vacated the room leased to me in -address- apt 2, as of 9 pm June 7th 2017, a full week before your requested date of June 15th.

Your previous notices on May 11th states that, having left before June 15th I owe no rent for the month of June.

Best of luck in all your future endeavors,

signed

and
witnessed by

It has been seen by a person who works with government, signed as witnessed by myself, a copy posted to the door of the downstairs apartment we each have a copy (his is the original). All before 6pm on June 8th.

So his attempt to change the terms of eviction are signed and dated after the housemate quit the property in writing.

And it was seen on the door before 7pm by others, one of whom isn't a tenant here. and I witnessed the new owners car show up park, and he entered the down stairs apartment and there was an energetic conversation and then he left, to go back home I guess (because he sure isn't here any nights which I intend to start documenting by taking pictures each night).

The FHA communications is slow and an automation quagmire but we've got time still. I also reached out to the legal advisors I talked to before for backup and advice if needed.

Any attempt to goes after the first housemate should end up expensive and fruitless because it's going after somebody who is no longer a tenant of the property for changes made after the tenant left. There is no legal way to try and pull that off.

what's more I have copies of his second eviction notice after he was literally moved out, that state that tonight he refused to pay or leave, which is provably false. This guys case has so many holes in it, it looks like filigree.

Next step is to file to get documentation of our security deposits and with that information write a notice that the other housemate will be quitting the property before June 15th and as stated in the request to quit the property she owes no rent for any of June and will be given her security deposit back or face suit for the security deposit (he might think he can counter sue for June rent, but the copies of the notice to vacate will ruin that attempt and I will inform him of it before he tries).

At which point that leaves me. Whether I leave by the 15th depends on exactly how much BS he tries to pull on us. If it makes more sense for me to stay and fight, I have copies of the seperate leases for both of us and documentation of rental payments directly to the landlord in only the amount in my lease. If the others are gone the cannot be held responsible for me still being here, and on top of that each having a lease with different start date, rents and all being paid directly to the previous landlord means we are a rooming house and cannot be lumped in together.

They can only go after me for one months rent which frankly with the pro rated cost of half of June on the new place would about equal one months rent at the new place anyway. and would allow me to stay until the end of June, when I could then refuse to pay rent for july and make them go through it all over again, but in the mean time it would be well past the 60 day move in period.

The question is will he pick that fight, and how many cards up my sleeve do I let him know I have?

J. Wilhelm

QuoteThe question is will he pick that fight, and how many cards up my sleeve do I let him know I have?

Dumb people always pick the fight first before choosing another option. Otherwise he would have already offered to negotiate with you. He definitely took the low road from the start when he bough the property and planned kicking you all out without telling you, and now he can't back up, probably because at this point he has no other alternatives. He's against the clock and his original plan "must" work.

Our lawyer once told me "you should never ever volunteer any information." The cards you have are to be pulled out when it's too late for your adversary to counter them and are only used if and when needed. Your documentation and evidence pertaining yourself and your neighbouring tenants should be silently collected. What you can do is obtain as many cards as you can get and have them ready when needed.

Threats will not work with him, because it's like a Matador screaming at the bull, to see if the bull will back down. That ain't happening  ;D

What will work is to have different people tease him from different directions. You want different people pecking at him and distracting him like the "Picadors" in bullfighting (e.g. threat of multiple separate court proceedings, city environmental violation notices, or even what you've already done, just having the other tenant send her own legal notice and demand the return of her deposit as you stated).

Besides having the female tenant asking for her deposit back and sending well documented notices, it would be awesome to have some other complications. Say another inspector from the city/county. Is the drainage/electrical/water system is in violation of code? Take pictures. And have his bank's phone number ready.

I mean a house that is not habitable, is not habitable, right?  ::) The bank's not going to like that. They want a property that is safe and habitable before they release any monies. Neither will a judge like that the property is not habitable. In order to demand rent the landlord has a contractual obligation to give you a dwelling that is safe, and if the landlord doesn't provide that, then the landlord is in violation of the contract, often times that results in a monetary judgement in favour of the tenant in eviction cases. In some states that means you don't have to pay the rent, during the period between the time that the dwelling is deemed to be "not safe" until the end of the contract. Or the deposit must be returned.

Prepare your cape and sword.

Banfili

Go forth, rovingjack, but don't forget your shield as well as your cape and sword!  ;D

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Banfili on June 09, 2017, 06:50:01 AM
Go forth, rovingjack, but don't forget your shield as well as your cape and sword!  ;D

Never! True Matadors never carry a shield other than a red cape, a sword a funny Mickey Mouse hat and a really tight suit  ::)  ;D

LukeHogbin

What makes me happy: My AST and ALT levels are within reference again.

The GAHHH part: Still stuck in hospital until 13th.
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.