News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Steampunk in Russia

Started by morozow, January 30, 2016, 03:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morozow

Dmitry Filev a former video engineer of the village in the vicinity of Kant, who became interested in the steampunk subculture. He creates mechanical sculptures from copper, brass and iron.
Steam-punk wizard in Kyrgyzstan. This country, our Central Asian brothers.

Как стимпанк-мастер из Канта зарабатывает на создании механических скульптур
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

The art object in Syktyvkar

Komiryba (fish Komi Republic (the name of the Republic and a group of people and firms)

Spoiler: ShowHide

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

The harsh Russian steampunk

morozow

morozow

morozow

Kiwi Aviator

Mammoth

Antipodean

I LOVE the Kiwi Aviator.

The sleepy eye gives it real character.

I LOVE just LOVE it!
Did you just go PSSSSSSST at me or have I just sprung a leak?

I'm not retreating, I'm advancing in another direction.

morozow

Quote from: Antipodean on July 29, 2017, 12:22:56 AM
I LOVE the Kiwi Aviator.

The sleepy eye gives it real character.

I LOVE just LOVE it!
I was hoping that I would catch some kiwi ;)

morozow

Ladies and gentlemen, Ladies and Gentlemen, Messieurs and Mademoiselles! Welcome to the place where the gears of time broke down and all clocks are stopped. In a place where parallel worlds are merged, and the era was erased! Welcome to our crazy ball called freak show!

Immerse yourself in an alternate reality, where a ball is ruled by the spirit of the Victorian era, the bizarre mingled with the sombre notes of the series. The story of this strange "drama" will unfold in the town of Bremen-Ville, inhabited by wonderful characters, as if descended from the pages of the fantastic works of Jules Verne, Hg wells, Michael Moorcock.

Steampunk, dieselpunk, and cyberpunk stepsister stylistic direction of our festival, which are designed to create a wonderful atmosphere of post-Apocalypse on the other side of reality! Come surprise yourself and surprise others...

http://zovem.ru/event/stimpank-festival-panoptikum-2017-76214

morozow

A bit surreal paintings Alexis de Ezhov

morozow

morozow

Hez

I always enjoy your posts!  The creativity you showcase is inspiring., thank you.

morozow

Quote from: Hez on September 13, 2017, 09:54:45 PM
I always enjoy your posts!  The creativity you showcase is inspiring., thank you.

Thank you!

But it's not me. They are the ones who make it all interesting.

morozow

Our Ukrainian brothers.

"Nechuy. Like. Nebach" – a literary project of Ivan Nechuy-Levitsky in the style of steam punk.

A novel by Peter Yatsenko about Ivan Nechuy-Levitsky in the world a pair of "Nechuy. Like. Nebach". He loved Ivan Levitsky? Could be the feelings of the writer, in whose breast worked metal mechanism? A novel, a movie, a novel reconstruction, the book that will change your ideas about the lifestyle of late nineteenth-century Ukrainian literary figures of the time.

The book is written in the genre of Opera: the characters are revealed through their actions, the text is divided into imagined scenes, no "inner monologue", and the existing description is the most visual.

"An unexpected side to look at writers from the school curriculum offers a new novel by Peter Yatsenko "Nechuy. Like. Nebach". The mechanical oxen from the peasants and lordly fashion created by talented jewelers insects instead of modern gadgets, the mysterious force that moves empires and flourishing mechanics in Victorian times – all this, undoubtedly, has a chance to appeal to teenagers. Taras Shevchenko's death was turned into a mechanical robot, Panteleimon Kulish always carry a pistol and the author of "Kaydasheva family" and the famous hermit of Ivan Nechuy-Levitsky every morning gets his mechanical heart, like a pocket watch."

The main characters of the novel:

Nechuy – Ukrainian writer Ivan Levitsky, who due to a congenital syndrome Adams-Stokes-Morgagni implanted mechanical heart.

Like – Natalia Gromeko, the daughter of the Governor as well Gromeka, Stepan , a talented singer and a clever horsewoman.

Nebach – blind in one eye, a veteran of the Russo-Turkish war and President of the privy archaeographic Commission to search for ancient acts Michael Yuzefovich. Known ukrainophobe that came from Poltava, lobbyist for the EMS decree.

The presentation of the novel in Kiev, 28 September - http://zovem.ru/event/prezentatsiya-romana-nechuy-nemov-nebach-76729

morozow

Director Daniel Slater and set designer Francis O'connor of great Britain presented in the Urals, the Opera of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's "the Magic flute". Tuesday at the General run in the Yekaterinburg theatre of Opera and ballet O'connor told reporters that the statement made in the aesthetics of steampunk.

According to him, to steampunk as a whole typical English fashion of the turn of XIX-XX centuries. "It's a Victorian style in an exaggerated form: blouson sleeves, masks, and various attributes of industrialism, metal rivets, for example. In the scenery of a lot of pipes, gears, copper," added the artistic Director.

Director Daniel Slater noted that in the Opera, particularly the Overture, uses comics, which are projected on the curtain and complement the plot. "We are addressing our performance to a broad audience, starting from children 8 years and create the scene magic is a fascinating world: the sun opposes the moon, day - night, and grows into a crazy colorful phantasmagoria", - he said.

In a press-service of the theatre noted that "the Magic flute" in Yekaterinburg - the debut British Directors in Russia. A three-hour Opera opens the 105th season. The premiere will take place on September 14. Performed in German with Russian subtitles and dialogues in Russian.

Британские постановщики представили на Урале оперу Моцарта в стиле стимпанк

morozow

The fiction festival in Donetsk. There's a war, but still people live.

morozow

Images role-playing live-action "Turin Steampunk 2017", held near St. Petersburg.

morozow

Our Ukrainian brothers

The fifth Kiev steampunk Convention

Welcome to the 5-th Kiev festival stampante - KyivSteamCon!

New venue - the State Polytechnic Museum will help you create an unforgettable event, which combines the atmosphere of past eras, technological inventions, literary imagination, the grace of dancers and music ekspresi.

You've never heard of steampunk, but you are already interested? Come and find out more about one of the brightest passions of humanity, who devoted many festivals in Europe and America.

We are waiting for all who are interested in this unique sub-cultural style - from longtime fans to newcomers who have heard about our festival. We have no dress code - but if you come in themed costume, you'll be able to take part in the competition images. And also you can make your image on the spot, with the help of jewelry and makeup by our masters.

You can expect:

unique Museum exhibits and interesting stories about them;
performances by musicians, dancers, acrobats, and other artists;
fair of jewelry and accessories;
fascinating lectures and discussions;
master classes vintage dance;
presentations of books and comics;
the fortune-teller of the Victorian era;
quests and contests;
cinema;
photo zone professional photographers;
café, tea room, coffee shop;

http://zovem.ru/event/kievskiy-stimpank-konvent-v-2017-76969

morozow

Magnitogorsk Drama Theatre.

Classic play of the Russian writer Gogol.

A little decoration in the steampunk style.

[/img]

morozow

morozow

morozow

The industrial city of Perm, the steam wedding.

Says the bride:

— But seriously, everyone makes their holiday to their liking. Steampunk was chosen because Sasha enjoys fantasy, and I didn't want simple, commonplace dress, the limo and pink bouquet, says the young wife. — Have ladies ' lush steampunk outfits, elements of classic men's style and brutal boots. It's fun, and we ourselves were interested. Friends was expecting some sort of a stylized holiday. But most of all surprised our moms — not a word of embarrassment. They themselves are interested in everything that happens.

morozow

Hussarium

Leo Tolstoy with his assistants wrote "War and peace", thereby changing the real story... Russian majority air attack samobeglye carts Ney at Smolensk... hussar sits down to play cards with the devil, and the rate of pass of the gunboats on the river to blow... Who is better for girls from the twenty-first century: its the same age and contemporary, or old hussar whose bride was not yet born?.. Fiction create its own version of war of the Twelfth year in her other details, other victories and defeats, but have one thing in common — devotion to Duty and Fatherland.