News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Steampunk in Russia

Started by morozow, January 30, 2016, 03:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morozow

The company organizes trips to industrial sites, primarily on narrow gauge railway has released the calendar for 2016.

http://www.poezdnaprokat.ru/event.php?event=148
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

Now here is the most active group of steam-punk in Moscow.
https://vk.com/mossteam

And photo imaging.

Spoiler: ShowHide

It's not likely they, and other participants of the festivals. But the photo I liked.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Prof. Cecily

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
What an interesting group of talented people!
I love the leather work.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

morozow

Quote from: Prof. Cecily on February 15, 2016, 08:47:32 AM
What an interesting group of talented people!
I love the leather work.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

On 6 March they organize Stepanek party.

Moslim - Moscow community of steampunk - invites all fans of this style at the first of their parties! The magic of old technologies and the charming atmosphere of an elegant and dramatic era are waiting for you! All venture accumulated our project over the three years of its existence - in one place and in a single coherent universe!

https://vk.com/vosparenie

Maybe I'll talk. Will click some photos.

morozow

Found a great role-playing game live action in the entourage of steampunk.

Will be held in mid-summer near St. Petersburg. Organized by the famous master of the group and claimed a large number of players is 400.

You can still participate ;)

http://steam2016.ru/main/about

XIX century. The age of brilliant discoveries and rapid flourishing of scientific thought. Scientists and inventors lead mankind from the darkness of confusion to the light of true knowledge. Steam technology and red mercury — that is the vectors of progress, determined the shape of the New Time. It's a new century, a century of science and technology, an age of prosperity and peace, the infinite and final Age of Reason.

Steampunk: the Age of reason

Europe, the year 1878. Under the rule of the "last monarch of the old school" of Franz Joseph and Elisabeth of Bavarian finest in magical Vienna thriving arts scene, balls and the great Vienna Opera. In exploring London, which is always at the forefront of progress, ever-young Queen Victoria opens the world Exhibition. In the distant cold Petersburg Nikolai Pirogov made for Alexander the Liberator steam new prosthesis after another assassination of the damned nihilists. Sherlock Holmes and Erast Fandorin have a lead on Moriarty, Krupp and Putilov clashed in the competition, Dr. Freud cures psychosis Nikola Tesla, the Countess Ada Lovelace criticizes the theories of Charles Darwin and Baron Rothschild finances the projects of Marie Curie.

However, even the shining horizon of the New Time could be overshadowed by the gathering storm of a great war. The Slavic subjects of the Ottoman Empire happily welcomed the Russian liberators, and Turkey on the edge of a deadly precipice. The war of the great powers in the Turkish heritage will be the first war of the New Time — war engineers, scientists, spies, war giant steam robots.

Game location: Vienna, London, St. Petersburg.

On the game: diplomacy of the Great Empires and the war in the faraway Balkans, giant steam robots and sophisticated spies, high-society receptions and ingenious crimes, scientific societies and salons mediums, discoveries and unexplained mysteries.

morozow

A resident of the village Novoberezovskom as a hobby manufactures models of motorcycles from mechanical watches. As the correspondent of NDNews.ru in the collection of Fanil among about a dozen motorcycles, in the style of "steampunk", from mechanical parts and gears.

The wheels he makes the dials, seats of leather straps, chains, and tubes of bracelets.

The smallest item in the collection the size of a matchbox, the rest are two to three times more.

Note, the Fanil Kirsanov said that does not create exact copies of motorcycles, such as, for example, Harley Davidson. The wizard found a couple of images or pictures, which takes as a basis for their models.

https://youtu.be/BBhg1KZZOGo

morozow

In Russia distributed role-playing game live-action.

Every year in November, in the city of Kazan hosts the international Convention of fans of science fiction, tokenistic and role-playing games - Zilant. In this Autumn (2015) he passed 15 times.

I was there :)

Finally put a video with it (this is not my video.). You may be interested in some of them.

This is a clip of the festival https://vimeo.com/channels/zilantkon2015

And that separately, the competition program of Silentfilm - https://vimeo.com/channels/zilantfilm2015 . There are movies shot on role games

This winner - art-fencing in a steampunk setting - https://vimeo.com/channels/zilantfilm2015/143649305

morozow

February 13, Krasnoyarsk (in Siberia) was the steampunk ball "Day of Aeronautics"

https://vk.com/klio_steampunk2016

Prof. Cecily

Good morning,ladies and gentlemen.
I greatly enjoy seeing what steamers in Russia are doing. Thanks so much for sharing with us here.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

morozow

For the fourth time in Krasnodar will collect guests Victorian Picnic (Victorian picnic).

The meeting will be held on April 9 (Saturday) at 13:00! By tradition, the picnic will be held at the Arboretum (Botanical garden).

And here is how it was before.

https://vk.com/victorian_picnics_krasnodar

morozow

Writer Nick Perumov will introduce readers to his new book "Molly Blackwater. At the edge of the world"

Leaving aside the usual topics, Nick Perumov suddenly turned to steampunk. However, the author is actually not changed — the FTC Perumov turned out to be fantasy.

Twelve-year-old Molly Blackwater, a well-bred daughter of a doctor, lives quietly in North York, Outpost of the great Empire, whose power is based on steam technology. The Imperials are at enmity with the Northern barbarians who are unwilling to surrender their resource-rich land. And barbarians still practice magic in the Empire is strictly forbidden. And then one day, Molly realizes that magic is awakening in her. The girl is at a crossroads, and to help her, it seems, can only mysterious northerners...

Prof. Cecily

Thanks for the heads-up on this author. I'm now following him on Goodreads.
I know an editor  dedicated to introducing Russian authors to the Spanish public, so I'll ask about whether translations of his works are available here in Spain.

I remain yours,
Prof.Cecily

morozow

Nick Perumov-known contemporary writer of science fiction. Although steampunk is not its theme. He is better known as the author of the fantasy epic.

morozow

Archer Barbara, the city of Chelyabinsk. Photographers: Dmitry Vlasov and Veronica Transfiguration.

morozow

Freak-zone - Steampunk antikafe in St. Petersburg.

Freak Zone — it's not just anti-cafe in IKEA style, no. Is crafted design, created entirely manually. You will find yourself in old England — the interior is made in expensive materials — leather, solid wooden chairs and cast iron legs table is entirely handmade, each with its own individual pattern. All week in the evenings, watch movies, give master classes on crafting, playing mafia and marathons of Board games and evening readings. Here you will not find gloomy persons or ordinary things. See for yourself!

Also you will find a large selection of tea and coffee.

It's cool to spend your leisure time, to wait for friends or to learn from the master classes, you can quickly meet someone new, and participate in talk shows and to speak on the subject that concern us all. we organize discussion evenings and quests, playing poker and mafia, reading poetry and playing music. Here is reviving the creativity that makes us all unique and extraordinary.

Soviet 1st street house 4

https://vk.com/freak_zone

morozow

Comic steampunk "Caesar the Great".

Action comics "Great Caesar" is set in the fictional state called Imperial Russia. Powerful power develops along the path of progress of mechanics and the scale of industrial production. However, despite significant progress in the development of the field of mechanics, this world is still standing side by side with magic and legends about her. One of them says about the Machine Influence, is able to touch the innermost strings of the human soul and change the world. A young man named Caesar, inspired by the legend, goes in search of his father. It expects a long and difficult path on which he will meet many friends and enemies and maybe even regret what came out of the house.

Soon he goes on the paper.

And you can check it here http://acomics.ru/~caesarthegreat/about

Prof. Cecily

I'm very impressed by how dynamic the steampunk world is in Russia.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

morozow

Quote from: Prof. Cecily on March 15, 2016, 06:59:49 AM
I'm very impressed by how dynamic the steampunk world is in Russia.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Thank you very much for your kind words.

But unfortunately, You are not quite right. This steampunk style is popular, and not the steampunk. If I may say so.

Here's an example of the cafe, said its owner, now the only steampunk interior. Steampunk is now not fashionable.

Prof. Cecily

Ah, well. I did write dynamic, rather than popular.

As you know, whether style can or should be separated from the substance of steampunk is a question of some debate.  
I believe that while the thread discussing this  is most interesting (you can read it here: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47373.0.html ), the subject can only really be settled by tea duelling.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

GCCC

Sorry, but I just have to re-post this image...

...because there are few things more alluring than a woman reading a book.

morozow

Quote from: Prof. Cecily on March 23, 2016, 06:33:35 AM
Ah, well. I did write dynamic, rather than popular.

As you know, whether style can or should be separated from the substance of steampunk is a question of some debate.  
I believe that while the thread discussing this  is most interesting (you can read it here: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47373.0.html ), the subject can only really be settled by tea duelling.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Ah! You in this sense :). I thought the feature of translation. Yes, dynamically. Only interested in the topic, as already said - not fashionable.

Have you managed to see our Holmes? I'm interested in Your impressions.

morozow

Quote from: GCCC on March 23, 2016, 06:18:49 PM

Come visit us in Moscow. We have many girls with books.

morozow

Sky to Fly is a stunningly beautiful game letalka in steampunk, only instead of planes at your disposal will be the ships. This skroler takes you into the amazing game world, in which humanity had to move on flying Islands, leaving the earth far below, beneath the rubble of the former civilization.

Game features:
● Scrolling shooter with stunning 3D graphics
● 20 story missions and 9 additional quests
● 12 charismatic characters
● 4 types of ships that can be improved
● 6 types of spells 4 types of resources and many enemies and monsters

Miracles on bends

Good day, captain! The weather is great, the mood too, but with money issues. And this red beast to the track inappropriately turned. Who ever let a woman behind the wheel! However, the co-driver out of it, it seems sensible. Well, it's time to score yourself a cool team, to pump the ship and hired a courier to some... questionable type. Fasten your seat belts, kep: the adventure begins!

https://vk.com/sky2fly_battlearena_group

GCCC

Quote from: morozow on March 23, 2016, 08:30:04 PM

I'm blessed to have my very own girl with books, but I still might visit for, shall we say, inspiration...

(Hey, I'm allowed to look at the dust jackets, so long as I restrict my "reading" to my local library...  ;) )

morozow

Quote from: GCCC on March 23, 2016, 10:58:13 PM
Quote from: morozow on March 23, 2016, 08:30:04 PM

I'm blessed to have my very own girl with books, but I still might visit for, shall we say, inspiration...

(Hey, I'm allowed to look at the dust jackets, so long as I restrict my "reading" to my local library...  ;) )

Take it with you. It can bite girl-reader, and then she will read books.