News:

The Great Migration is complete! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Steampunk in Russia

Started by morozow, January 30, 2016, 03:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synistor 303

Quote from: morozow on December 02, 2021, 07:54:03 PM
Quote from: Synistor 303 on December 01, 2021, 11:50:31 PM
Some stunningly beautiful work there!

Did you tell them that? :)


When I figure out how to, I will! (Have saved the link to show my family.)

morozow

On January 29, the exhibition "Steampunk 2022" opened in Tula in the creative space "Nine". The single exhibition contains the works of Tula craftsmen who create art objects made of metal in the steampunk style - Kirill Klimov, Ruslan Kalinichev and Igor Matveev.

Unique interior items have been created from the details of old things. Some exhibits are equipped with electric lamps.

Another representative of this art direction, Sergey Nefedov, designed a photo zone and a whole collection of costumes in the same style.

Foto - https://myslo.ru/news/tula/2022-01-30-v-tule-otkrylas-vystavka-steampunk-2022-fotoreportazh/
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

Kostroma designer turned the apartment into a fantastic world of Jules Verne

An alternative reality exists. At home, designer Ilya Zabagrin has everything in the style of "steampunk": pipes, gears, a fabulous bathyscaphe refrigerator, welding glasses on a pot ... "Steampunk" combines technology and natural materials.

Electricity has not replaced steam energy in Ilya Zabagrin's apartment. Plastic does not exist. People are dressed in fancy outfits - vests with watch chains hanging from their pockets, hats with goggles - welding glasses. This is how fans of "steampunk" imagine the world. Ilya Zabagrin became interested in this subculture 8 years ago. Now his apartment looks like Captain Nemo's bathyscaphe. And the impression of the guests of the house from such a design is the same.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "At first, of course, it's a shock. But the shock is good - people show their emotions. Actually, I hope that after visiting this interior, people will look at the world differently. If this happens, it means that I have achieved something in this life."

The interior began with the kitchen. Under the impression of Jules Verne's novel "20 thousand leagues under the sea" Ilya created a fabulous bathyscaphe - for 6 months he covered the refrigerator with genuine leather, painted, decorated. The result exceeded all expectations.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "The work is done by hand. The top part – it's brass - is there at the top of the pipe. My wife says it's like a periscope - food is watching us through this periscope."

There are no materials for the "steampunk" style in construction stores. Ilya, a biologist by education, had to master more than ten specialties to make the necessary items - he is a welder, a carpenter, a carpenter, a furrier, and an artist. Everything that his guests admire so much, the designer made with his own hands. Friends help with laser cutting of metal. And sometimes the master has to spoil new things to get, for example, a lamp. That's why the clock in his room goes in the opposite direction.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "I would like to create my own parallel universe. Everyone has the right to their own parallel universe. Each of us is the world. And I would like to stop time, and even turn it back."

The designer's wife treats her husband's hobby with understanding. She allowed him to decorate the room and kitchen in the spirit of "steampunk", but the bedroom in the apartment is decorated in the style of "Provence". But this is a completely different story.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SDLyHPjZc#
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Synistor 303

Quote from: morozow on February 26, 2022, 07:38:37 PM
Kostroma designer turned the apartment into a fantastic world of Jules Verne

An alternative reality exists. At home, designer Ilya Zabagrin has everything in the style of "steampunk": pipes, gears, a fabulous bathyscaphe refrigerator, welding glasses on a pot ... "Steampunk" combines technology and natural materials.

Electricity has not replaced steam energy in Ilya Zabagrin's apartment. Plastic does not exist. People are dressed in fancy outfits - vests with watch chains hanging from their pockets, hats with goggles - welding glasses. This is how fans of "steampunk" imagine the world. Ilya Zabagrin became interested in this subculture 8 years ago. Now his apartment looks like Captain Nemo's bathyscaphe. And the impression of the guests of the house from such a design is the same.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "At first, of course, it's a shock. But the shock is good - people show their emotions. Actually, I hope that after visiting this interior, people will look at the world differently. If this happens, it means that I have achieved something in this life."

The interior began with the kitchen. Under the impression of Jules Verne's novel "20 thousand leagues under the sea" Ilya created a fabulous bathyscaphe - for 6 months he covered the refrigerator with genuine leather, painted, decorated. The result exceeded all expectations.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "The work is done by hand. The top part – it's brass - is there at the top of the pipe. My wife says it's like a periscope - food is watching us through this periscope."

There are no materials for the "steampunk" style in construction stores. Ilya, a biologist by education, had to master more than ten specialties to make the necessary items - he is a welder, a carpenter, a carpenter, a furrier, and an artist. Everything that his guests admire so much, the designer made with his own hands. Friends help with laser cutting of metal. And sometimes the master has to spoil new things to get, for example, a lamp. That's why the clock in his room goes in the opposite direction.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "I would like to create my own parallel universe. Everyone has the right to their own parallel universe. Each of us is the world. And I would like to stop time, and even turn it back."

The designer's wife treats her husband's hobby with understanding. She allowed him to decorate the room and kitchen in the spirit of "steampunk", but the bedroom in the apartment is decorated in the style of "Provence". But this is a completely different story.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SDLyHPjZc#

Some lovely work there - his wife is very understanding! The clock/lights were great!

morozow

Gears, dials, metal bracelets are not just spare parts from wristwatches, but also materials for unusual creativity. A craftswoman from Chebarkul makes paintings, panels and decorates various objects in the steampunk technique. The artist was visited by the correspondent of GTRK "South Ural" Danil Rabush.

Steampunk originally appeared as a direction in literature. He was describing a fictional reality in which electricity never completely replaced steam engines, and Victorian-era fashion and technology continued to dominate. Steampunk gradually developed into a separate subculture.



Natalia Slezko works in this technique. He experiments and creates unusual compositions out of gears, keys and chainsaw chains.

— When everything is glued, it has a completely different color scheme, which does not tie into the overall color. Therefore, you have to stick it first, then spray paint it with bronze color and already tinted with gold.

A craftswoman in the Southern Urals creates paintings in the steampunk technique. Photo: GTRK "South Ural"
In the picture, the heart is locked. You can open it only by selecting a suitable key. And the other panel is completely made of clockwork parts and is called "Eternity of Time".

Whole rooms or even restaurants are decorated in this style. For example, one of the cafes in Moscow is completely decorated in steampunk technique.

Technically complex compositions can be viewed for hours — each element carries meaning.

"I would still like to somehow show my desire in creativity through some new technique, non-trivial, unbroken, that is, something that would arouse more interest," says Natalia Slezko, a member of the Union of Artists of Russia.

And even the most mundane things can inspire you to create another project.

"The steampunk technique is used not only in the creation of paintings, but also in the decor. For example, an ordinary bottle. Its base is made of women's tights and PVA glue, and then spray-painted. This strap is from old boots. And a little jewelry, edging and bracelets complement the composition," says the correspondent of GTRK "South Ural" Danil Rabush.

Natalia Slezko's work is already well known in her hometown. Now she plans to organize an exhibition in Chelyabinsk.


https://vk.com/video-10330641_456240741
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

http://zovem.ru/event/prezentatsiya-stimpank-filma-hrustalnaya-skripka-97158

At the meeting of the literary club "Frontier", novelist, poet, screenwriter from St. Petersburg Nell White-Smith presents a short steampunk film "Crystal Violin" directed by Anatoly Kornilov.

The plot of which is based on the writer's short story of the same name from the collection "The Fox who painted the dawns". The film is a kind of introduction to the unique author's world of steam engines, creating from endless aggressive Chaos everything that exists under the man-made sun and the mechanical Moon.

The energy that feeds the Machines is the power of the souls of outstanding representatives of this universe: musicians and engineers, artists and executioners, lovers, scammers, villains and selfless heroes. The soul of each of them at the peak of the tension of the gift is taken away by an ancient demon Jeweler. He is equally dispassionately ready to destroy everyone whose soul is destined to the Machines of Creation. One of his goals is the main character of The Crystal Violin.

Roles performed: Dmitry Bozin, Mikhail Nakhimovich, Lera Miloslavskaya, Natalia Goncharova, Andrey Chulkov, Stanislav Kazaku, Yuri Stebakov, Pavel Rudkov, Elena Gromakova.



Movie page - https://vk.com/crystalviolifilm
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow



This Steam Motorcycle project was created with the aim of looking into the past, feeling the spirit of that time, touching the technologies of the 18th and 19th centuries, feeling the romance of the steam era and just out of engineering interest. I wanted to understand the properties and qualities of a real steam engine, as well as technical nuances, subtleties and the possibility of real application of old technologies. In other words, I wanted to create a steam engine, see what it would be capable of and just enjoy its work.

I've been working on the project for several years. The motorcycle has gone through more than one global modernization, and as a result, a unique device has turned out, with record (for its type) parameters. The maximum speed on a flat road is 60 km/h. And the power reserve is 15 km. Which is an absolute record for steam motorcycles with a classic engine type. The motorcycle is made by hand, from scrap metal, without the use of any industrial capacity.

Well, now, let's look at everything in more detail.


The history of the creation of a steam motorcycle and a discussion with the participation of the creator - https://habr.com/ru/post/688046/

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYgVfHu8O6FXVY7ru0S0ng
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: morozow on September 15, 2022, 08:48:35 PM


This Steam Motorcycle project was created with the aim of looking into the past, feeling the spirit of that time, touching the technologies of the 18th and 19th centuries, feeling the romance of the steam era and just out of engineering interest. I wanted to understand the properties and qualities of a real steam engine, as well as technical nuances, subtleties and the possibility of real application of old technologies. In other words, I wanted to create a steam engine, see what it would be capable of and just enjoy its work.

I've been working on the project for several years. The motorcycle has gone through more than one global modernization, and as a result, a unique device has turned out, with record (for its type) parameters. The maximum speed on a flat road is 60 km/h. And the power reserve is 15 km. Which is an absolute record for steam motorcycles with a classic engine type. The motorcycle is made by hand, from scrap metal, without the use of any industrial capacity.

Well, now, let's look at everything in more detail.


The history of the creation of a steam motorcycle and a discussion with the participation of the creator - https://habr.com/ru/post/688046/

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYgVfHu8O6FXVY7ru0S0ng

fantastic piece of engineering, really clever! My only niggle on design, would be the superfluous copper pipework as decoration on the piston side, a little "stick on a cog and call it Steampunk?"
Thanks for sharing!

morozow

Engineer Pavel Chilin fulfilled his childhood dream and built a railway on his site in the village of Ulyanovsk in the Leningrad region, on which even a homemade steam locomotive runs

It took Chilin more than ten years to lay tracks 330 meters long and 300 millimeters wide, as well as to build a bridge, three U-turns, a small depot and the locomotive itself.

"This is a childhood dream. She was born after I saw a narrow—gauge steam locomotive in Lithuania 50 years ago," Chilin said. He added that the railway not only delights local children, but also helps with household chores. For example, it carries heavy cargo from one end of the site to the other.

The prototype for his idea was a 600-millimeter track of a military field road, which was used by artillery to transport heavy shells. The rails were "mobile". They could be moved without serious land work.

The locomotive, as Chilin said, now weighs about 800-900 kg and is able to accelerate to a speed of about 30 kilometers per hour. "So far we have not risked more than 30. Now about 100 liters of water fits into it, in order to warm it up and bring it to a working pressure of ten atmospheres, it takes four hours to melt it. Therefore, it is planned to insulate it — then the period will be reduced to 2-2.5 hours," he notes.

Such a supply of water for the operation of the locomotive is enough for 30 minutes of running, and for kindling the boiler you need at least five buckets of wood chips — that's why, says Chilin, the car needs to be modified.

Chilin also has a large fleet of trailer trains — three trolleys for cargo, a "freight car" — an open platform, where passengers still travel. However, according to the engineer, a passenger car is simply necessary for the locomotive.

"Now they have begun to build a passenger car, trolleys have been made. Big, the locomotive needs a serious car, it will be either for eight adults or for 12 children. Firstly, it will be beautiful with the car, and secondly, when there are a lot of guests, there is no way out, you will have to ride," says Chilin.



https://tass.ru/v-strane/7083516

https://rtvi.com/stories/mini-zheleznuyu-dorogu-galereya/



https://youtu.be/c-q4RXHZ1Po
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

Mechanical worlds: steampunk-meeting of the litclub "Frontier" Mechanical worlds: steampunk-meeting of the litclub "Frontier"

October 8, 2022 Saturday 15:00 - 17:00

Two authors, two views on steampunk. Authors Dmitry Ovsyannikov and Nell White-Smith will be special guests of the Frontier Literary Club meeting dedicated to literary steampunk worlds

Dmitry Ovsyannikov will introduce the guests to the story "Colossus of Colonel Gluck" — a humorous story about how an eccentric mechanic Bromley tested an airship of original design in Norway and accidentally invented Photoshop.

Nell White-Smith presents the recently published book "The House And the Altar". The publication presents Nell's stories and the novel "Against the Sun". The works tell about the first stages of the life of the world created by the author, which can be destroyed by any mistake of the steam engines of Creation.

The writer will also talk about the upcoming project "The Tread of Poisoned Temples" — a trilogy in the setting at the junction of steampunk and antique aesthetics. The reader is waiting for platform cities, hunter houses and gladiator houses; mechanical Great Gateways and myths of antiquity. Let's talk about the form of this world and its connection with the souls that inhabit it, about inheritance and inheritance, about integrity and splitting, about how everyone's place in this universe is determined.

The atmosphere will be complemented by the screening of the short steampunk film "Crystal Violin", created according to the script by Nell White-Smith.

http://zovem.ru/event/mehanicheskie-miryi-stimpank-vstrecha-litkluba-frontir-99086
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

Steam Sun City — steampunk setting based on the Adventurer's Diary system



https://vk.com/steamsun

"City of the Steam Sun" is a setting in the genre of steampunk and alternative history for the game according to the system "Diary of an adventurer" (Savage Worlds), in which players will encounter an explosive mixture of steam technologies and ancient magic, will become participants in breathtaking detective stories, Victorian mystical horrors and adventures in the dim rays of the Steam Sun.

At the end of the XIX century, when scientific knowledge of the world became the most important value, and old prejudices receded, a utopian City of the Sun was built on an island in the Adriatic Sea, a symbol of the golden age of mankind. But soon, due to a mysterious catastrophe called an Eclipse, the city, along with all its inhabitants, was transported to Limbo - another dimension devoid of sunlight. People had to face many difficulties, hostile creatures, unusually working laws of physics, representatives of other races who possess magic. Over time, the settlers not only got used to the new world, but also managed to open the way to their native dimension, science and culture began to flourish in the city, people launched their own steam sun on a huge monorail, many advanced technologies entered the lives of even ordinary people.



Inventors raving about creating a reasonable automaton, researchers searching for traces of ancient civilizations, scientists and scammers, adventurers and magicians, evil geniuses and brilliant detectives... people and demons. All together — in the City of the Steam Sun.

The book intelligently and thoroughly tells who the characters of the players can be. There are several ideas – ranging from a group of friends to a secret society. For each option, the pros and cons are described in detail and several examples are given – "hot starts", take and use.

As for the genre of stories, we are offered, first of all, three directions – these are horror, detective (and especially its sub-genre crypto-detective) and adventure. There is enough "meat" for each of them in the game — there are the chilling mysteries of Limbo and its unpleasant inhabitants, and numerous secret societies with their own figures and goals, unexplored lands around the Web, the most complex machines and much more.

The book intelligently and thoroughly tells who the characters of the players can be. There are several ideas – ranging from a group of friends to a secret society. For each option, the pros and cons are described in detail and several examples are given – "hot starts", take and use. In my opinion, it is a very good approach that will greatly help players and the master to get used to the setting and start the game. There are also several options for ready-made characters.

As for the genre of stories, we are offered, first of all, three directions – these are horror, detective (and especially its sub-genre crypto-detective) and adventure. There is enough "meat" for each of them in the game — there are the chilling mysteries of Limbo and its unpleasant inhabitants, and numerous secret societies with their own figures and goals, unexplored lands around the Web, the most complex machines and much more.

But, perhaps, one of the most interesting developments of the authors is a powerful designer of technical devices. It takes up a decent piece of the book, and it has everything for creating full–fledged mechanical devices - both rules and nodes to choose from, and even pictures of these nodes, on the basis of which the player can not only determine what the device "can do", but also how it will look. In general, it is at this point that steampunk turns from a purely flavorful component into a practical plane.
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Sorontar

Hmm, I am aware of the Savage Worlds system but have never used it. The current system claims to be "less bookkeeping for the Game Master". Is anyone familiar with it?

I am curious though - what is the Russian connection? The location (though the Adriatic Sea isn't really Russia) or the author or the publication?

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

morozow

Quote from: Sorontar on December 10, 2022, 06:59:12 AM
Hmm, I am aware of the Savage Worlds system but have never used it. The current system claims to be "less bookkeeping for the Game Master". Is anyone familiar with it?

I am curious though - what is the Russian connection? The location (though the Adriatic Sea isn't really Russia) or the author or the publication?

Sorontar

The authors of the setting "Steam Sun City" and the rules for it are Russians: Gleb Igumnova and Vitaly Simonov.

Here is an old interior with them -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnAQkmkj4PU

I remembered about them because a big addition is being prepared, a big addition - about the greatest game of European intelligence
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?