News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Soviet films

Started by morozow, March 04, 2016, 09:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morozow

Perhaps you watched this movie, but didn't know his real authors.

"Planet of storms" is a Soviet sci-Fi film, staged at the Leningrad Studio of popular science films in 1961 by Director Pavel Klushantsev based on the novel by Alexander Kazantsev.

On the planet Venus goes joint Soviet-American expedition to the three spacecraft. One of the ships, "Chapel", is killed in a collision with a meteorite.

The remaining crew of "Sirius" and "VEGA" (the first three Soviet cosmonauts and the second Soviet man and woman, American and American humanoid robot) decide to land on the surface of Venus, leaving the orbit of only one person (woman) to support communication with Earth.

Venus is rich in life the planet is inhabited by animals similar to dinosaurs. One group of researchers (Russian, American, and robot) is in a difficult position, and the crew of "Sirius" is sent to colleagues to the rescue. They encounter a pterodactyl, a Brontosaurus, plunged into the Venusian ocean, the bottom of which are strange-looking reefs. In the end they manage to save the Soviet and American comrades for a minute before those will absorb the boiling lava. The robot is damaged and it nearly destroyed his companions, drowning in the lava.

And so on.

"Planet of storms" was one of the first Soviet science fiction movie about space travel. The film was made with use of unique technologies of the combined shooting unavailable at the existing foreign counterparts, including underwater photography.

"Planet of storms" had a significant impact on domestic and world kinofantastike the following decades and was recognized as one of the important stages in the world fantastic cinema.

Right of rental of the film were purchased in 28 countries.

In the US purchased Soviet film became "raw material" for his films — he was remounted by Studio, specialized mainly in horror films — "American Interneshnel" Roger Corman — with the withdrawal of several episodes and adding new, and released in us theaters under the title "Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet", 1965. No mention of the fact that this film production of the Soviet Union, was not in the credits of the Soviet actors, remaining in the frame, the English were given fictitious names.

In 1968, the USA launched another re-made version of the film called "Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women". From the installation "Journey to the prehistoric planet" has been removed previously shot episodes and inserted new ones that were introduced to the story of the prehistoric tribe of half-naked Venusian Amazons. The Director of this version was Peter Bogdanovich (under the pseudonym "Derek Thomas").

And what was the robot!!! Since childhood, I remember this iron man.

THE PLANET OF STORMS / Планета бурь

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056352/
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Hurricane Annie

What I recall of Soviet films   we were forced to watch as children  by a father who enjoyed foreign films and subtitles,  was the  maudlin and  tedious missions through  extremes of climate and landscape;  the personal torment   and decisions by all to turn back  when the destination and sanctuary  was just in reach.  It seemed to be a comment on the futile and self defeating mindset  and beliefs of the characters themselves as a reflection of the wider society.

The movies were much  along those themes too.

morozow

Quote from: Hurricane Annie on June 03, 2016, 12:01:51 AM

What I recall of Soviet films   we were forced to watch as children  by a father who enjoyed foreign films and subtitles,  was the  maudlin and  tedious missions through  extremes of climate and landscape;  the personal torment   and decisions by all to turn back  when the destination and sanctuary  was just in reach.  It seemed to be a comment on the futile and self defeating mindset  and beliefs of the characters themselves as a reflection of the wider society.

The movies were much  along those themes too.

You surprised me. Tell about some horror :)

Although this is the film about fits Your description http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47544.msg963622.html#msg963622
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Hurricane Annie

Comrade Morozow,  I cannot remember  names of most of these movies.   Most of them would have been film festival   movies.   There was one with a Mongolian  boy  and his wolf on the  border  and his  wolf pall gets killed along the way.   Then near the end the ex  military  men and refugee adults   decide to turn back to whence they came.  Then there was the Czech one about a couple trying to escape to the west   and  went through starvation and injury , torture etc   then decided to return to their village as the approached the last alpine range before freedom.

Then there was Dr Zhivago ... doomed from the start. My mother made me see that one

then there was the  aged old coot we had for a teacher at intermediate school [ ages 11- 12  yrs]   who would leave us  to our own devices  in the film room  with any Ministry of Education  reel that was doing the rounds.  The communist propaganda was a little more positive.  Those young blonde cheery adolescents loved working the land in the snow and  frozen wastes of Siberia  for their government.  it was  a few decades old when we saw it.  Then there was the  Slavic immigrants in  the US who  had their grocery  store  vandalised by  young Americans  for being foreign. in post WW2 America.

At a very young impressionable age   as a preschooler there was the BBC   mini series adaption of War and Peace with everyone dueling and that   wicked wanton  Anna Karenina  luring men to their doom.

morozow

Ah! so it's a movie festival. Art-house. Then it is clear.

But what You want. As one student wrote in a school essay: "the Authors love the tragic endings, it makes their product more intelligent and serious."

Well and then, at festivals like exactly the kind of cinema of Russia, the mud, the gloom, the hopelessness. Although this is more about post-Soviet cinema.

Well, even somehow insulting that from - propaganda. Just movies created in a certain situation. Of course there many not be real, but embellished, cinematic life. Life is what it should be and what is sure to be (as they think).

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: morozow on June 03, 2016, 09:12:12 AM
Ah! so it's a movie festival. Art-house. Then it is clear.

But what You want. As one student wrote in a school essay: "the Authors love the tragic endings, it makes their product more intelligent and serious."

Well and then, at festivals like exactly the kind of cinema of Russia, the mud, the gloom, the hopelessness. Although this is more about post-Soviet cinema.

Well, even somehow insulting that from - propaganda. Just movies created in a certain situation. Of course there many not be real, but embellished, cinematic life. Life is what it should be and what is sure to be (as they think).

The propaganda films  we were abandoned in the dark with  may well have been  more heavily scripted and over dramatised   that the   Omar Sharif & Julie Christie   number with a cast of 1000s. 

Seriously I dont think the old guy  even checked what  was on the reels before setting them up  and beggaring off for 45 minutes.   We saw all manner of subversive  films  that would launder an young impressionable mind.  Dancing tooth brushes,  health & hygiene for pre teens in white underthings, medieval castle life, British factory workers, snow paragliding...

One morning during  what must have been a particularly subliminal mind altering move  session,  we  completely  wrecked the acoustic tile ceiling and a fibre board  wall - then blamed it on the class of older kids in the room before us.  We said none of us was tall enough to reach the 6 foot height. ... those were the days

morozow

Since I returned from a trip to Georgia ....

"Do not cry!" (load. არ იდარდო!) — a Comedy-drama feature film, shot in 1969 by Director George Danelia.

The film is a freestyle, migrated to Georgia in the late XIX — early XX century, the adaptation of the novel by French writer Claude Tilla "My uncle Benjamin".

Young, honest, but not serious Dr. Benjamin lives in Georgia in the 19th century. He lives a fun though not very successfully. He drinks wine with the ladies, goes to prison for debt, mustachioed avenges one count, nearly gets married and gets a baby.

A lot of laughter and a few tears. Brand style Danelia.

Oh!!! And Georgian songs and dances.

Spoiler: ShowHide

https://youtu.be/M6KxVntypo4

Hurricane Annie

That looks like an intriguing movie

morozow

It's a good movie. There are no car chases and shooting, well, almost none :) But it shows the old Georgia. Very cute and funny.

morozow

Will continue the topic of Georgia...

Mimino - the cult Soviet film.

Mimino is a nickname of the main character, in the Georgian language means Falcon.

He is a helicopter pilot in his native Georgia. They fly between the villages in the mountains, carries in his helicopter, people, sheep and even a cow. Even running a movie theater. He brings and shows in the remote villages of the movie. And even translates. He has a father, sister, nephew. This is all shown cute, family, cozy.

But it pulls in a large aircraft. And he went to Moscow to apply for retraining.

In Moscow he found a friend of a chauffeur of Armenia Ruben Khachikyan. There are different degrees of pleasantness and trouble adventure. He even goes to prison. But he becomes a pilot of a large airliner.

This is the end a Comedy, but not the end of the movie :).

What can you tell us more, except for the plot....

For the main characters of the Russian language is not native. And as they say, this "broken" language, the specific construction of phrases and expressions. For us, it's a very funny and cute.

The main characters of Georgian and Armenian. One tall, slender, the other short and dumpy. Unfortunately, were cut from the film scene: Mimino and Rubik into the Elevator of the hotel, there are two Japanese, resemble each other like twins. Seeing incoming, the Japanese say to each other in Japanese (with Russian subtitles): "all these Russians like each other."

A wonderful scene in court. Yes, Mimino judged.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076391/

Actor Vakhtang Kikabidze (Mimino) takes the musical theme of the film.

Вахтанг Кикабидзе - Чито-грито

The film itself is.

Мимино / Mimino

morozow

Now, not Georgia. But the there is also the Caucasus mountains. Another former Soviet Republic and part of the Russian Empire - Azerbaijan.

"Don't worry, I'm with you!" (Azerb. Горхма, мән сәнинләјәм, Qorxma, mən səninləyəm) is a Soviet two-part adventure musical Comedy film Yuli Gusman, released in 1981.
So.

The end of the nineteenth century. The Russian Empire, Azerbaijan (the indigenous population is predominantly Muslim, but without fanaticism).

Province with local characteristics: blood feud, forced marriage, outlaw, etc.

The team in white:

• Teymur Hajiyev, a young hot, slightly cantankerous guy. As befits a young guy in love. Aspiring actor and a wonderful singer. He's really an aspiring actor. He had one show in a local theater group. It was actually the first theatrical performance in the neighborhood. In the play he played the role of a girl. And in the film this role was played by a good singer Polad bul-bul oglu.
  • Telly Velibekova, daughter Farzali-Beck, the bride of Seymour. Beautiful, kind girl.
  • Rustam. Now working in a circus stunt. Long ago left home. Left – "do not revenge" someone from the blood feuds of his family. According to the local customs is not worthy. Returns home due to illness of the grandmother who raised him. But manages only to her funeral. And becomes heir to the land.
    It is the role in the film played Did Kantemirov — circus performer and movie stuntman and Creator of the equestrian theatre.
  • San Sanych, a friend of Rustam. Also circus. Used to be a sailor and learned in the East philosophy and techniques of unarmed combat.

The team in black:

• Farzali-Bek Velibekov, the father of Telli. Wants to give his daughter to a rich husband. And find a little oil in the land of Rustam.
  • Jafar "three-eyed" bandit. People stone. Vile, cruel, smart, strong. Loves the arts, particularly singing. ("Oh, how he sings! He pulls shit out of me. I will not be able to kill him!") Wants to kill Rustam after a quarrel on a theatrical performance. And yesterday, by order Farzali-Bek.
  • Pristav  (it's a police officials). The law deals with maintaining order. Taking into account local conditions and not forgets about their own benefit. Not angry, have a sense of humor.

The film describes one quote: "There rode was chasing them... going Back over them again, chase... What an interesting life!"

I also want to mention the songs from the movie. They have a very interesting word, if you listen.

When Teymur is going to try to make a vendetta (he thinks it's stupid. But he is forced to do it.) He sings: do not Think with his head and hands.

Here are two cheerful songs from the film:

«Как жили мы борясь» - Песня из фильма «Не бойся, я с тобой»

Рука крошит отточенную сталь - Не бойся я с тобой

About the film - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175948/

The film

Не бойся, я с тобой!

Hurricane Annie

Thanks for sharing. There has been so much going on behind the Iron Curtain that we have been missing out on .

morozow

I think it's not only the iron curtain is to blame.

Just a difference of cultures. We know a lot of Iranian cinema? Or Indian movie? Hollywood in fact has become the standard and global manufacturer. A local Studio shoot for the local market.

Although I now argue, not knowing how really you. :)

You were almost my only reader and writer on this thread. Let's play a game.

Here are a few ratings of the most beautiful Soviet actors. They largely overlap, but there are different photos.

Choose away actor or a few, and I tell about the film with him which I like.

http://yablor.ru/blogs/krasivie-mujchini-sovetskogo-kino/2139365
http://bravedefender.ru/samyie-krasivyie-akteryi-sssr/
http://moiarussia.ru/samye-krasivye-muzhchiny-sovetskogo-kino-chast-2/
http://russian7.ru/post/20-samykh-krasivykh-muzhchin-sovetskogo-kin/

Hurricane Annie

I like the sound of this game. Hopefully the name copy N paste comes out on BG ok.  There are some very handsome actors there.   I picked some that looked extra interesting.

Юрий Соломин
Александр Абдулов
Николай Рыбников (1930—1990)
. Олег Басилашвили
Никита Михалков
Кахи Кавсадзе

We get Chinese, Japanese,  French , Italian, Spanish , Inuit , Indian  and sometimes Middle Eastern movies on a regular basis.  Our Maori language channel plays  foreign movies on a regular basis. I am wondering if they would be agreeable  to exploring Soviet movies.

morozow

I found a job. :) A lot of good movies. It's hard to choose. Let's start praying.

Rybnikov.

"Gals" — the Soviet Comedy film, filmed in 1960, directed by Yuri Chulyukina on the novel by Boris Poor.

One of the cult Soviet film. In Russian the title is not "girls," and another word with a certain connotation. Young, cheerful, open, easy, energetic girls from the neighborhood. Gals - Kind of like a transfer.

Rybnikov plays in this film, the main character. Stobie look younger, it is especially lost 20 kg. But the star of the movie is his partner, played by Nadezhda Rumyantseva .

The plot of this film is this:

1960. In the distant Ural timber industry comes to a village to work as a cook on the distribution of eighteen Tosya Kislitsyna, a pretty girl of small stature, a former pupil of the orphanage, graduated from Simferopol culinary College.

On a dance night at a local club Tosya met with the foreman of the loggers by Ilya Kovrigina — "the first guy in the village", where for all "puts him in his place", refusing to accept his inappropriate invitation to dance. The refusal of the "lapwing" hurt the feelings of Elijah, and with frustration he makes a bet with foreman-competitor Philip Egorov that can easily win the heart of the shrew Tosi.

During communication Valeriya and Ilya really fall in love with each other. But, when Tosya learns that Ilya at her bet, she finds Philip, tells him that Ilya won the argument and stops communicating with her lover. Ilya, along with his friends, including Philip, are trying to convince the Tosya he really loves her.

All ridiculous and funny. 1962 — prize of the International film festival in Mar del Plata (Argentina) For the "best actress" actress Nadezhda Rumyantseva. Foreign Newspapers called the actress "Charlie Chaplin in a skirt", and the Italians — Russian Giulietta Masina".

It's hard for me to say something else. Good movie. Just look and smile. Interesting characters, interesting scenes, interesting details.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134614/

Девчата / Gals

morozow

ikita Mikhalkov is better known as a Director.

I have already told about one movie where he played Mikhalkov. He portrayed Henry sulfur in the film adaptation of "hound of the Baskervilles". But I will tell you more about one.

"Home among strangers, a stranger among us" is the debut feature film directed by Nikita Mikhalkov, which formed the story of Eduard Volodarsky and Nikita Mikhalkov's "Red gold".

But he acted here as an actor. Playing the role of the gang leader, a former captain of the Cossacks.

The film is a conventional genre of "Eastern". The name as you can tell, comes from the Western. Accordingly, horse chases, fights, shooting.

A small provincial town near the mountains, the beginning of the 1920-ies. Civil war had ended, but the echoes of a troubled time make themselves felt. Five friends: Egor Shilov, Vasily Sarychev, Nikolai Kungurov, Andrei Zabelin and Stepan Nipagin, former soldiers of the red army, carrying out orders of the Chairman of the Cheka Dzerzhinsky, immediately ready to be sent to Moscow, a valuable cargo is requisitioned by the bourgeoisie of gold products in the amount of 526 thousand rubles for the purchase of food to the starving people of the Volga region, since the League of Nations refused to help the young state.

For the delivery of gold to meet the Shilov. The next day in the room Shilova discover mutilated beyond recognition the corpse of a man.

For the introduction of murderers Shilov under the misconception that sending valuable goods detained, decides to send gold in the same day secretly and with minimal guard, and armored car to leave the station for all to see.

Five former white officers Rob a train.

But the train with the officers (that is another, ordinary train) exposed to theft gang headed by captain Brillouin (Nikita Mikhalkov). Killed all the officers except captain Lemke who fails to keep control of the bag of jewels. And he prisoedinyaetsya to the gang.

And the city found Shilov. He was odermann drugs. But I suspect his participation in the robbery. He escapes. And also prisoedinyaetsya to the gang to find the gold.

I think in this film a lot of beautiful men and also Mikhalkov same :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072231/

свой среди чужих,чужой среди своих

Hurricane Annie

I am enjoying this.  Magnificent  mustaches on the actors.  The stories are classic but wonderful.  Boy meets girl - then she hates him - he wins her back. 
Hero of the poor - steals from the rich - gets caught - escapes .

Rollicking good adventures !

morozow

I'm sorry, but I'm being such a Downer.

Because, I don't understand what I write here, or rather what the interpreter speaks. And you want to, that would understand me. And that would be no errors.

1) Gals, a little of another classic plot. The guy hates the girl but due to some reasons, taking care of her. And then falls in love.

2) the Hero Mikhalkov, he robs everyone. He's not a noble thief, but just a thug.

And gold, it is as if the gold of the poor. Soviet power = power of the poor (well in theory). About it the main character in the film (the security officer Shilov) said one of the bandits. And the bandit is getting good.

Here are found frament, then with 5 minute scene of the train robbery "gang Mikhalkov".

Свой среди чужих.. фрагменты

Well, another piece, Mikhalkov - sir Henry. He vasemmalta after the second theft of shoes.

За кого меня принимают в этой гостинице?!

morozow

some more Mikhalkov, Mikhalkov is very young - 18 years.

"Walk Around Moscow" — a Soviet film 1963 romantic Comedy of George Danelia script by Gennady Shpalikov. Premiere 11 April 1964.

Vladimir works as a laborer in Siberia; in Moscow he is passing through: his story, published in the journal "Youth", has sparked the interest of the writer Voronova, who has invited Vladimir to the conversation. In the subway, he meets with Nicky — a cheerful guy metrostroiteley (Mikhalkov). Vladimir is going to stay with friends and nick called him.

And then they go around town, talk to people, joke, fall in love, quarrel and even come to the police and detained the offender.

Very thin, transparent, light film. The movie - mood. Film - June in Moscow.

Two special fragment of the film:

Waltz with the rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk92Bsl29bs

Song ("Walk Around Moscow"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wKXhKwuqrQ

film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuEWpdLatLI

Hurricane Annie

I am used to working with adults and children  with no English or English as a second language.  I can understand your posts.

Please Keep telling us more about these movies and actors.

morozow

I wish that not only You understand me :). I still hope that I someone reads. And maybe even watching movies.

By the way, I've been thinking about the differences of cultures and the larger world. When I described the "Walk Around Moscow", he said - "Film - June in Moscow". But You're the antithesis :) and for You the Jun this fall :) And probably even got Sunny and hot Italy, June is not that to us in Moscow.

We Will Continue - Kakhi Kavsadze.

And the cult Soviet film "White sun of the desert". Kakhi Kavsadze played the role of the main villain. He Is Black Abdullah.

"White sun of the desert" — a Soviet film of 1970 directed by Vladimir Motyl, narrating the adventures of a red army soldier Fyodor Sukhov, saving the women from the harem bandit Abdullah during the civil war. The film is based on the premises of Studio "Mosfilm" and "Lenfilm", written by Rustam ibrahimbayov and Valentin Yezhov.

The film is set in the early 1920-ies on the Eastern shore of the Caspian sea. Ended the civil war, but in Central Asia, even wielded by a gang of robber bands. Red army soldier Fyodor Sukhov is returned through the wilderness home, to Russia, to his wife Katerina Matveyevna. First, it frees local resident said, buried up to his neck in sand.

Further Sukhov found the detachment commander of the red Rakhimov, who is chasing another bandit, Black Abdullah and his gang. Before Abdullah ran away from the fortress and there they left their wives. Over them in mortal danger: if the husband can not take away all the wives, he kills them. Rakhimov Sukhova's tempting to stay and guard the wives of Abdullah, and he sent for Abdullah chase, otkommentiroval assistant Sukhov young soldier Petrukha.

Sukhov is accompanied by ex-wives of Abdullah in the nearby seaside village Pedzhent. Soon there comes and Abdullah and his gang, planning here to cross the border.

And things started to happen!

But the film is really a cult. For example, the film became one of the mascots of the Soviet (Russian) cosmonauts. Before each launch, the astronauts necessarily reviewing the film cassette with him is even on Board the International space station.

A customs officer from the movie - Paul Vereshchagin became the symbol of the customs service in Russia and some other countries. Near the offices of customs in the Mound, Amvrosievka (Donetsk region) and Luhansk (Ukraine) a monument to the hero of the film.

and the song and the song: "Your honor, lady luck": http://my.mail.ru/mail/mr.d.must/video/_myvideo/32.html?from=videoplayer

a couple fun facts about the film:

Discipline in the creative team limped out filming the actors constantly involved in fights and drinking at nearby restaurants. The episode where Vereshchagin during the fight on the barge's bleeding face, completely natural. The day before, in a fight with local bullies, Luspekaev (officer of customs) dissected eyebrow.

When in Kaspiysk thieves stole a lot of valuable props, and to provide further security surveys, they suggested a local crime boss Ali to appear in a cameo role of one of the bandits of the Black Abdullah. In the end, Ali appeared in the film 2 times, playing the bandit in the red shirt ("customs gives good").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yia2azQd4GY

Hurricane Annie

Due to limited broad band  I  had to limit myself go enjoying the credits .  There is a goodly showing of peasant girl's thigh.    The movie looks interesting  and along with other  clips on BG,   worth increasing  our limit  to watch. 

The early 70s were a wild time in the film industry.  Foreign  film locations,  heavy drinking in local bars  , upsetting  local people  and  trouble with bandits.

morozow

And again, Kakha Kavsadze.

I knew him only as the Black Abdullah. Looked at his filmography .... And found that I knew and loved him his different role.

And again we come back to solar-Soviet Georgia.

"The road" a comic series of short films Rezo Gabriadze (1974-1980).

Three road workers, commute on mountain roads for fun this unit and cause lines, and constantly with them something happens.

With the strong and kind among them is Kakha. And it takes Kakha Kavsadze!

And it's not like a stylish and brutal Black Abudula.

And shorts good. The atmosphere of the movies very Georgian, not so much Comedy, how much parable and thoughtful lyrics.

Paris (1974) 00:27:25

While Kakha, the driver of the vehicle for marking roads, to stop for a rest, his colleagues were found on the side of a piece of rail 2 meters in length and quarreled among themselves about what he can bring to the city — 7 kilometers, in the heat, without stopping...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvnJp8cxbZY

Saturday night (1975) 00:22:32
Friends slightly got into a fight. After long runs in the mountains from an angry Kahi tried to get away from him on the old "humpback Zaporozhets". But it was not there. Kahi caught up with them, grabbed the unfortunate car behind, raised and held...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3uXNvwmf00

Thermometer (1976) 00:18:57
In camp, finding only a tiny tree and hiding under it, Baadur decided to make fun of your friends pretended to be dying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHkxYm5w72g

Three of the ruble (1976) 00:20:32

Once the characters are on the road three of the ruble. It would be easier to split three to three? But funny friends know more simple and understandable solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XFVR4H4kno

Lemon cake (1977) 00:16:48
Attempt to eat for dessert, lemon cake brings friends to detox, after which they fall into a pool of wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HElmISuVp0

Explorers of Gor (1977) 00:19:00

A film about Georgian climbers! "Voluntary" entry into the mountaineering section resulted in the planned conquest of the local peaks, in the absence of any navigation skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RROs7GF8d1M

Butterfly (1977) 00:10:14
Story of three fun road masters, to help a beautiful girl to catch butterflies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYMrO5kp0pA

Three of the groom (1978) 00:17:28
Deciding to marry the daughter of a beekeeper from a distant village, friends to buy a hive with bees and embark on a journey by train...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=230Z5xhmlB4

Fortune (1980) 00:17:43
Baadur finds lottery ticket and wins a car "Volga".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MriCJ1Uc_3o

Hurricane Annie

That is a wonderful vehicle

Hurricane Annie

No words are needed. The stories tell themselves .  That is the mark of good acting and directing