News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!

Started by Banfili, April 19, 2016, 02:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

I just got a nibble from an agent looking for IBM mainframe talent. Maybe it's time for me to start baiting my hooks again. :)
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Sir Henry

Quote from: The Bullet on March 07, 2023, 06:34:24 PM
New birdbox-webcam is online:

https://www.ipcamlive.com/63cff1d012ca7

Third year with video.
The birds usually move in at the end of March.
Let´s wait and see.
It's filling up nicely, but I still haven't managed to see any birds in there.  :(
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Synistor 303

Quote from: Sir Henry on March 25, 2023, 08:34:38 AM
Quote from: The Bullet on March 07, 2023, 06:34:24 PM
New birdbox-webcam is online:

https://www.ipcamlive.com/63cff1d012ca7

Third year with video.
The birds usually move in at the end of March.
Let´s wait and see.
It's filling up nicely, but I still haven't managed to see any birds in there.  :(

I managed to tune it just a a bird was adding some bits to the nest. Then it sat for a moment, had a scratch and went off for more nesting material. Nice coloured little thing - blue, white and black.

Cora Courcelle

My husband had an ECG today and instead of having to faff around waiting at the hospital it was done at the GPs practice. The scan was sent straight to be viewed by a cardiologist, who the nurse then phoned for instant test results!
Which were fine. 
He's got a lot of ongoing health problems so it's nice to have something I don't have to worry about  :).

We are so lucky to have the NHS even if it's creaking at the seams at the moment and I will support it wherever I can.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

von Corax

Local boy goin to da Moon! Canadian astronaut Jeremy Hansen, who went to the same elementary school as me, has been tapped for the Artemis II mission next year and will be the first non-Usanian to leave Earth orbit.
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Sorontar

Quote from: von Corax on April 04, 2023, 02:50:58 AM
Local boy goin to da Moon! Canadian astronaut Jeremy Hansen, who went to the same elementary school as me, has been tapped for the Artemis II mission next year and will be the first non-Usanian to leave Earth orbit.

Hope he has the musical talent of Chris Hadfield!

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

LukeHogbin

Pretty sure it'll only be Artemis III that'll go *to* the Moon. Artemis II will only go *around it*.  :P

Still cool though!
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

mizzarrogh

The sound of wild capercaillie and the northern blackcock. A bit late now, but anyway.  :)

SeVeNeVeS

Woke up at stupid o clock this morning so drove to portsdown hill bought a large bacon and egg roll and a coffee spent an hour watching the sun rise over the city and feeding the crows.

It's the small things that count, great view of the isle of wight and the solent.

LukeHogbin

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on April 07, 2023, 08:35:28 AM
Woke up at stupid o clock this morning so drove to portsdown hill bought a large bacon and egg roll and a coffee spent an hour watching the sun rise over the city and feeding the crows.

It's the small things that count, great view of the isle of wight and the solent.

D'awww, the crows <3 Sounds like a lovely morning! :)
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

Synistor 303

Had trouble logging into the bird box today. Hope it is a temporary thing. That nest is starting to look pretty fancy.

The Bullet

Yes, the camera started acting up today.
Might need a reset.
I will look into it during the next few days.
If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.

Synistor 303

The Bullet

Fixed.

The camera even refused a powercycle and reset.

So I took it out and into the lab.
(some of you might remember:)

Threatened and cursed, gave it a real hard reset and now it is back in action.
I will order a replacement anyway.
Murphy states that nothing will break if a spare is directly available....

J. Wilhelm

Whiie listening to Internet radio at work, I think I just stumbled upon Grunge Jazz!! This is the weirdest thing I've heard from a band called "Sha's Feckle." It's like Eddie Vedder learned to play the sax and switched to Jazz!

http://sha-music.ch/?page_id=2

The Bullet

We have eggs!

Camera still unstable.
I ordered a new one.

Synistor 303

I can't believe how many eggs there are in such a short time! That little bird effectively gave birth to 9 babies in a couple of days.

mizzarrogh

What type of camera do You use for long timespan filming of wild animals like this? I hawe for a long time wanted film the birds nests here too (without disturbing them) ower longer timespan, like several months in a row.  :)

The Bullet

Quote from: mizzarrogh on April 12, 2023, 01:30:49 PM
What type of camera do You use for long timespan filming of wild animals like this? I hawe for a long time wanted film the birds nests here too (without disturbing them) ower longer timespan, like several months in a row.  :)

The bird box has a fake ceiling.
The camera is mounted pointing downwards.

I use a HiKam S6. This one has a good focus on the short distance.
I configured the camera not to use the IR lights for "night vision" (and create a red ring roung the lens) and also switched off the red and blue LEDs in order not to disturb the birds.
The camera is running 24/7. Supply is 5Volts from a usb charger type unit.
When the season starts I set the camera to record any "visitors" (motion detection is another feature).
When birds have moved in I set the camera to record (to an internal SD card) a 3 minute Video every day at 12 to document the progress.
This camera seems to have been a good choice.
You can always check via mobile phone and record or take pictures manually.

Hope this helps.
(I must have some pictures of the build somewhere)

mizzarrogh

LukeHogbin

Quote from: The Bullet on April 10, 2023, 09:01:37 AM
Fixed.

The camera even refused a powercycle and reset.

So I took it out and into the lab.
(some of you might remember:)

Threatened and cursed, gave it a real hard reset and now it is back in action.
I will order a replacement anyway.
Murphy states that nothing will break if a spare is directly available....

That's some fancy kit you have! :)

frances

OOooo I tried to look at the birdies but the internet told me that the camera was not available.  Is there a problem?  I want to see the birdies!!  There was a pet food barn that I used to go to that had the same sort of set-up with a telly near the check-out.  I loved seeing inside the nest.

Synistor 303

mizzarrogh

Quote from: The Bullet on April 10, 2023, 09:01:37 AM
Fixed.

(...)

Awesome! I de dusted the old Hornby LMS (i happend to hawe two of them, but i love to hawe trainrace with the French! Ha Ha)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quails.  :-* :-* :-* :) <3 <3 <3

The Bullet

The camera now died completely. New one to be delivered today.
I will send a new link as soon as it is up and running.