News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Dreyfuss, the St. Elmo, and Co.

Started by MWBailey, May 06, 2024, 11:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWBailey

Hey there!

Nope, I'm not dead, I'm still a steampunk, and I intend to keep posting in Homecoming  and maybe a few other stories later on. Have to see about that when the time comes, though.

"Whereinna heck have you been, Bailey?"

Well, here's the blurb I put in the Portrayal section:

Long story made short, Dad came home in November 2023 from rehab after a long stay  therein, in two consecutive facilities. He came back home almost a week to the day after I posted the above ("the above" being the previous blurb about continuing the story). He had injured himself, you may recall, in an attempt to use his walker to kill a roach in his bedroom. His fall in that attempt fractured his hip to such an extent that some joint replacement was necessary. That, plus his advanced age, required extensive rehabilitation.

He is now, after a very long time, almost able to care for himself - but not quite. He still needs extensive help from myself and my mother. Giving that care, and the time and exertion it requires so to do, are what has made it nearly impossible for me to make any headway until now (hopefully I can start doing that now, at any rate) with this serial (meaning Homecoming, of course).

I can't promise much, but I will endeavor to start adding entries again soon. I owe it to anyone who is still interested.

Thank you for your continued interest,

MWBailey
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Justin Time

Welcome back  :)

The responsibilities of "life" do have an annoying way of interrupting at inconvenient times, don't they?  :(

JIT
Have you never wondered what it would be like to walk between the ticks and tocks of Time?

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: MWBailey on May 06, 2024, 11:57:17 AMHey there!

Nope, I'm not dead, I'm still a steampunk, and I intend to keep posting

MWBailey

Good on ya and welcome back, good luck with the folks.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: MWBailey on May 06, 2024, 11:57:17 AM"Whereinna heck have you been, Bailey?"

SNIP

I'm glad to see you back. I was wondering that myself. But I'm glad things are turning out for the best in your family.