News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!

Started by Madasasteamfish, June 25, 2016, 08:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Will Howard on September 17, 2016, 02:28:26 PM
Quote from: J. Wilhelm on September 17, 2016, 08:58:49 AM
I have to wake up and go to work in 4.5 hrs and my $%^&# roommate will not shut up! >:( And there's nothing I can do about it because he owns the place.

Laxatives?

Mr. Howard, are you suggesting I sneak laxatives into my roomate's beer?  ;D That's an interesting form of revenge... I would have to do the same to his visiting girlfriend, though...

"Here you go buddy! Tonight the beer's on the house!" *wink*

rovingjack

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on September 17, 2016, 11:54:16 PM
I have to wake up and go to work in 4.5 hrs and my $%^&# roommate will not shut up! >:( And there's nothing I can do about it because he owns the place.

Laxatives?

Mr. Howard, are you suggesting I sneak laxatives into my roomate's beer?  ;D That's an interesting form of revenge... I would have to do the same to his visiting girlfriend, though...

that might not work for the problem, but it'd be good for some $#!+s and giggles
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

Siliconous Skumins

Currently at a friends house as he had a little party with friends and family to see his new garden shed / man cave. It's quite nice, has a fridge, mains power, lights etc. can be used as a home office thanks to the wifi network extender in here.

now then, can you see the 'gah' in the above comment?....

Yep, "IN HERE" that would indicate I am presently in the shed.

It's 3am right now.

It's not quite as warm as was earlier, infact it's quite chilly...

And I'm in the shed. TO SLEEP IN THE SHED! (the house is full)

Oh lucky me.... ::)   (well at least I have internet to while away the hours, I suppose - could do with a fan heater right now though!)
[Server Prayer]
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.
                      My flesh is weak,
                      But my connection is eternal,
                      And therefore I am a god.      

[/Server Prayer] 

ForestB

The only recent movie we have wanted to see, Kubo and the Two Strings, is leaving theaters on Friday evidently. We just haven't had the time/money to go to a movie and now that we have both those things, it is impossible to find at a theater near us. I feel like I've let my kids down by missing it.....
Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com

rovingjack

I started a twitter account to some cross media creative things a few months ago. I went to use it again today, I'm unable to access anything but the demand for my phone number for some reason.

I can't view anything, send anything or even get a contact tech support option. Just give us your phone number.

to which I say 1-800-get-bent

you don't need to ever contact me outside of my e-mail that I gave you in case of issues. and I sure as heck don't need those twits. So I guess I'm done with twitter.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

Siliconous Skumins

Quote from: rovingjack on September 21, 2016, 10:39:11 AM
I started a twitter account to some cross media creative things a few months ago. I went to use it again today, I'm unable to access anything but the demand for my phone number for some reason.

I can't view anything, send anything or even get a contact tech support option. Just give us your phone number.

to which I say 1-800-get-bent

you don't need to ever contact me outside of my e-mail that I gave you in case of issues. and I sure as heck don't need those twits. So I guess I'm done with twitter.

Just get a VOIP / 'Skype In' phone number, saves all the hassel and you can drop it whenever you want. That or get a cheap burner cell phone... ;)
[Server Prayer]
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.
                      My flesh is weak,
                      But my connection is eternal,
                      And therefore I am a god.      

[/Server Prayer] 

Will Howard

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on September 17, 2016, 11:54:16 PM

Laxatives?

ON the house????  ALL OVER the house!!!
"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."

rovingjack

a guy who's a member of a local group I belong to has a part I could use for a project, we were supposed to meet up yesterday night when he gave me time and location. He told me "near the mall" the day before. no time, no specific lot. So I messaged him the day of and never heard back from him. He messaged me today saying he forgot and that we could meet tonight at 1030pm. Again I ask for more specifics he replied same place. fine I get there 5 minutes early wait by the main entrance for ten, do a drive around looking for any signs. The malls been closed for 1 and 1/2 hours, there are about 30 employee cars in the various lots and a few people leaving. No one seems to be waiting. Back to the main entrance and wait 30 minutes before doing another loop around and seeing no sign of anybody waiting.

I left.

I seriously done with expecting anybody else to be helpful and do anything other than waste my time or get in my way. I'll figure something else out.

Wormster

In a word Colleges, or to be more specific one particular college. He's younger than me (by a fair bit) and he's a complete gob$hite, normally I'll tune out the noise that emanates from it, but, today it got right under my skin to the point that he was told in no uncertain terms to "go forth and multiply"(this was close to the end of a long day (after 3 other colleges had told him to STFU and keep away from me), and having to deal with 2 other colleges to sort out a minor issue with something that I have to build!), its not often I loose my rag at work, but today I did! GGGGAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!

Caledonian

Passion is like a Peatfire

von Corax

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Caledonian

Caledonian

von Corax

By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Caledonian on October 01, 2016, 05:24:46 PM
My goat escaped

Again

I certainly hope you recover the little bugger. Might be time to put some sort of tracking device on them?

Caledonian

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on October 02, 2016, 09:06:00 AM
My goat escaped

Again

I certainly hope you recover the little bugger. Might be time to put some sort of tracking device on them?

The tracking i used to find him is called "rattle the food" he came running back and we locked him up again.

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: Caledonian on October 02, 2016, 01:47:24 PM
The tracking i used to find him is called "rattle the food" he came running back and we locked him up again.
;D ;D

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Caledonian on October 02, 2016, 01:47:24 PM
Quote from: J. Wilhelm on October 02, 2016, 09:06:00 AM
My goat escaped

Again

I was thinking more along the lines of Nyarlathotep Industries' Shub NiggurathTM Goat Tracker Ia-2000

"Because we know how difficult is to keep track of a thousand young"

Cora Courcelle

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Caledonian

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on October 04, 2016, 08:51:15 PM
My goat escaped

Again

Are you sure you shouldn't rename him Houdini?

I think renaming is a good idea because shouting "whiskey" through the street repeatedly gets me weird looks

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Caledonian on October 05, 2016, 08:22:07 AM
My goat escaped

Again

I think renaming is a good idea because shouting "whiskey" through the street repeatedly gets me weird looks

Funny you mention that. Many years ago - well over half a century to be precise, family members had a small dog named Whiskey. Sometimes that would lead to unwitting insults, when people would come visit they house, and someone in the family would shout "hide the whiskey," with the visitor not understanding they were talking about a dog.

Cora Courcelle

We once called a cat 'Kitty' precisely so we could walk about shouting "Here, Kitty"!
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Caledonian

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on October 05, 2016, 02:13:49 PM
We once called a cat 'Kitty' precisely so we could walk about shouting "Here, Kitty"!

a friend of mine called her dog "Cat" so she goes around shouting "here, cat" and then  dog comes trotting.

my goats are called Scotch and Whiskey, not changing that, but when people ask about them they now tend to think I like alcohol a lot

LukeHogbin

My goat escaped

Again

Don't you mean Goatini ?  ;D

My gah is, I smacked my head into a sharp edge on a rackmount unit yesterday. Small cut, no stitches needed, but I bled like a stuck pig. Yes, I went to the A&E to get a tetanus shot and had a doc look at it. And today, the weather is terrible and I have a headache because of varying air pressure that's only made worse because of the wound on my head healing. AND the blood ruined my favourite shirt. GAHHHH
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

Sir Henry

I had a friend who called his dog Mrs. I never thought it was odd until one day we went to the open market and the dog ran off. Cue friend shouting angrily "Oy, Mrs., get back here!". I have never been given so many dirty looks in my life!
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.