News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Perfect Steampunk Car + Fabulous Land Vehicles

Started by Hurricane Annie, January 23, 2017, 01:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banfili

Ye would also need the arms of an orangutang and the legs of a chimpanzee to be able to sit rider-style! I spent over 20 years on motorbikes and would just hate to have to ride this thing for very long. But, I suppose as a concept, it's ok-ish!

Lunajammer

As a model car builder, I've long been in awe of this builder's imagination and execution. This is based on the AMT 1/25 scale 49 Mercury. It's crafted so well, it's hard to appreciate how minuscule his clean details are. Here is a link to Hollywood Jim's build gallery.

https://public.fotki.com/shrimpee/steamy-punky-things-1/familypics/

Banfili

Copper, portholes, weird engine and, supposedly fuel supply - what's not to like? ;D

But surely he'd never get a roadworthy for it!! :D

Miranda.T

What incredible detail! Oh for a life-sized version...

Yours,
Miranda.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: RJBowman on October 01, 2019, 09:36:10 PM
An article I found about early electric cars:
https://www.curbed.com/2017/9/22/16346892/electric-car-history-fritchle?fbclid=IwAR19Flxtm5QxVw-HQXzYYT_DA9snuH46ZyFn1RtD4cO8W4hogyovIJ-L4zY

Excellent article. Many a time I would have wished to have a car, even one that only moved at 15 mph to go to work nearby just a few miles away...

RJBowman

I hope that Etsy doesn't interfere with this image being displayed here:

1909 American Boy peddle car.

Banfili

RJBowman

Here's a really elegant car from the 1920's, but not one that you'd want to ride in:

Astalo

That reminds me of this car blog, what i saw some times ago. (Funeral cars from few decades later, but their ornamental style look very similar.)

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/index.php/tag/hermida-y-nazzi/

RJBowman

The flower car is great.

Quote from: Astalo on November 16, 2019, 06:26:53 PM
That reminds me of this car blog, what i saw some times ago. (Funeral cars from few decades later, but their ornamental style look very similar.)

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/index.php/tag/hermida-y-nazzi/

Banfili

Quote from: RJBowman on November 16, 2019, 05:51:14 PM
Here's a really elegant car from the 1920's, but not one that you'd want to ride in:

Not if you were alive and the driver!

J. Wilhelm

RJBowman

Quote from: Banfili on November 16, 2019, 11:32:50 PM

Not if you were alive and the driver!

Cab Calloway drove a flower car in The Blues Brothers. He didn't complain.

Lunajammer

newjack

perfect.... if you're a 15 pound octopod

Q: how do you stop a dalek dead in its tracks?

A: run up some stairs!

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: newjack on December 04, 2019, 11:10:06 PM
perfect.... if you're a 15 pound octopod

Q: how do you stop a dalek dead in its tracks?

A: run up some stairs!

The Dr's assistants never do  though do they

chironex

This solution has been total bunk since the 80s.
No gel ball ban in WA! http://chng.it/pcKk9qKcVN

QUEENSLAND RAIL NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!

Lunajammer

Banfili

Hurricane Annie

Now there is design

morozow

It's not so stylish. But...

This project was created by the St. Petersburg tuning Studio Truck Garage. The basis for the project were two rare Soviet car 40-50 years-GAZ M-20 "Victory" and GAZ-M1 (the legendary "Emka").

Tuners approached the project thoroughly. First, two sketches were created for each of the machines. The first SUV with the face of "Victory" received a new name - "Alice". The SUV with the body "Emki" was called "Hyperion".

The resulting body-on-frame SUVs have a supercar with a capacity of 535 horsepower. However, tuners hide which of the cars became the donor of these hybrids with such a powerful engine. The interior of both SUVs has also changed. While the work is not yet finished, but the fact that the monster trucks will cause delight among motorists, experts and experts, is no longer in doubt.

Уникальный ГАЗ-М20 "Победа" внедорожник на больших колесах

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Banfili

newjack

looks like we have a winner

steam powered? ✔
smoke stack? ✔
rivets? ✔
welding? ✔
wood, cast iron, brass and copper? ✔
fish fin motif inside doors to make it go faster? ✔
boat portal? ✔
pressure valves & gauges? ✔
wagon wheel spokes? ✔
pop up windshields? ✔
gear levers? ✔
guillotine switches? ✔
diamond tuck red velvet seats with carved wood frames? ✔
compass? ✔
map in the back seat? ✔
optional MOON roof? ✔
brass gears? ✔
glass liquid gauge? ✔
watt governor? ✔ 
leather straps? ✔
LEAD SLED? ✔!

oh! wait! you forgot the brass goggles and gramophone sound system! you suck!
HAHAHAHAHA!

regarding the "watt governor",

i couldn't remember what it was originally & said "ball spinner", then i remembered they were necessary for steam engines to stop them from running out of control. it has many names, but centrifugal clutch  isn't one of them, at least in search results. as a steam engine revs up, the weights spin wider until they push a vertical release valve (if memory serves me right) as a sort of throttle. i never thought knowing that would prove useful.

newjack

i forgot this car from "the golden compass" which i always intended to post to troll purists who define anything that ISN'T 1800s victorian era as dieselpunk. it CAN'T be dieselpunk because it's powered by some kind of ENERGY in the front wheel, MY brain works by making connections and is allergic to calculatus eliminatus.

if you REALLY want to get TECHNICAL,
monster movies, superhero, fantasy and religion are ALL sci-fi because THEY FICTIONALIZE SCIENCE. it can't be argued, but that doesn't stop inside the box thinkers from ranting & raving

and just to troll further...

from stardust literally captures lighning in a bottle and is a "land vehicle" because after it flies... IT LANDS!

HAHAHAHAHAHA