News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Perfect Steampunk Car + Fabulous Land Vehicles

Started by Hurricane Annie, January 23, 2017, 01:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunajammer

Banfili

Deimos

For real are just artwork?
Kinda looks like concept art to me, but if it's real then it's truly a work of steampunk art.
"Unless you're prepared to surrender everything, don't surrender anything."

Society: Be yourself.
Me: OK
Society: No. Not like that.

Lunajammer

Quote from: Deimos on July 30, 2020, 10:49:52 PM

No, It's a 3D illustration, but fun to see the imagination.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Lunajammer on August 08, 2020, 05:32:07 AM
Quote from: Deimos on July 30, 2020, 10:49:52 PM

No, It's a 3D illustration, but fun to see the imagination.

I thought it was obvious it was a 3D illustration , but there's one surefire way to tell. There's an obvious mechanical error on the car that'd keep it from moving. Can you find the error?

RJBowman

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on August 10, 2020, 04:16:19 AM
I thought it was obvious it was a 3D illustration , but there's one surefire way to tell. There's an obvious mechanical error on the car that'd keep it from moving. Can you find the error?

The metal piece connecting the small wheel to the big wheel. Why do people so this kind of thing when they create steampunk art?

Mercury Wells

Quote from: RJBowman on August 11, 2020, 10:15:13 PM

The metal piece connecting the small wheel to the big wheel. Why do people so this kind of thing when they create steampunk art?

For copyright reasons?
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Deimos

... There's an obvious mechanical error on the car that'd keep it from moving. Can you find the error?

Well, ummmmm, maybe the artist just wanted the car permanently in "park", so no one would steal it.... ::)  (which is akin to Wells' "copyright" reason ;))
"Unless you're prepared to surrender everything, don't surrender anything."

Society: Be yourself.
Me: OK
Society: No. Not like that.

J. Wilhelm

When I see that, it detracts from the art. Even when Steampunks are not too technical, they tend to be finicky about their mechanical parts.

J. Wilhelm

This is kind of ridiculous, not to mention unsafe, and probably not Steampunk, but I thought it was fun enough to post. Mexican designer Adelkas Studio converts old-style VW fender into a go kart / quadcycle mash-up. He calls it the "La Bugkart Wasowski"

El primer guarda fangos de Volkswagen hecho go kart, La Bugkart Wasowski - Fuskart - Volkspod

I think it'd probably look better if the designer had bothered to make 4 miniature fenders   ;D

von Corax

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on September 20, 2020, 11:23:09 AM
I think it'd probably look better if the designer had bothered to make 4 miniature fenders   ;D
A fender with fenders? Recurse you!
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: von Corax on September 20, 2020, 04:05:20 PM
Quote from: J. Wilhelm on September 20, 2020, 11:23:09 AM
A fender with fenders? Recurse you!

It's a fractal VW fender!

Anyhow, just found out that it's not an original idea. Here we have VW fender mini motorcycles...

J. Wilhelm

It's amazing what you can do with lawn mower parts....

This frame can be very Steampunk with the appropriate colors

For the trip to the supermarket...

For the evening at the pub...

chironex

Finally on display at the Workshops Museum, a Marshall roller and a Garrett traction engine.
No gel ball ban in WA! http://chng.it/pcKk9qKcVN

QUEENSLAND RAIL NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!

The Bullet

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.

chironex

Athanor

Now we're getting somewhere! - bikes and quads with lawnmower engines are all fine an dandy - but let's get the Steam back into Steampunk!
Vero vobis dico, qui quaerit, inveniet eius. Et saepius, parum volet.

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.

The Bullet

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.

chironex

Sorontar

Quote from: chironex on May 23, 2021, 02:25:40 AM
BG class.

Tee hee  ::)
My first thought was, Brass Goggles has its own class? Tee hee.

At least I didn't think it was a class reserved for trains designed by Barry Gibb, though I would love to know how he would design a train.
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Sorontar on May 24, 2021, 02:18:34 PM
Quote from: chironex on May 23, 2021, 02:25:40 AM
BG class.

Tee hee  ::)
My first thought was, Brass Goggles has its own class? Tee hee.

At least I didn't think it was a class reserved for trains designed by Barry Gibb, though I would love to know how he would design a train.

I didn't get to see that until the 1980s in a documentary, but didn't they have a Boeing 720 for their 1979 tour painted in black and red?

chironex

That would be Caesars' Chariot, owned by the record company and Caesar's Palace, replacing Starship One. The Bee Gees were the last clients of the aircraft; Led Zeppelin having fallen apart while touring before them, and effectively ceasing to be afterwards, so no-one used it until it was disposed of.

J. Wilhelm

Posted by Steampunk Tendencies on Twitter. Tokyo, 1920s.

Sorontar

Forget about SE Asian Tuktuks. I want what they have!
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com