News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The Higgsbury Memorial Museum (Sign-up)

Started by Stormcat, July 06, 2017, 10:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWBailey

Whoops , looks like maybe I'm the only one still interested here. Hope I'm not the one who killed it.
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Fairley B. Strange

No, I'm still hanging about, but since I don't have much of an idea about the fuzzy critter, I'm waiting to see what happens rather than stuff up anybody's carefully plotted plan.

Or are we going to leave it in the background snd see what else turns up in the piles of books?
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

Stella Gaslight

The major run of renfair is over so my only spare moments are no longer spent crafting and sleeping so I am back.
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

MWBailey

Quote from: Stella Gaslight on October 16, 2017, 08:51:50 PM
The major run of renfair is over so my only spare moments are no longer spent crafting and sleeping so I am back.

May your profits continue! Welcome back!

MWBailey

MWBailey

Fairley B. Strange

I was going to keep Lowe's little quirk in reserve for a later narrative flat spot, but we seem to have hit a slow period, and since the team are all peering around with scrying stones, it would be unlikely that nobody noticed.

I'll save the rest of the backstory as per above.

MWBailey

The "world in the bell jar" is inspired by all those projects that people keep posting in the Tactile section concerning "canned" or "captive" fairies, and the "fairie garden" projects that have been popping up lately on Crafts pages. I'm thinking that, perhaps, it's a woodland fairy (perhaps an childhood playmate of the Master's?) that the Master of the house caught locally and put into the bell jar to protect her from the Vicar, or maybe an intinerant exterminator of some sort, and that she lives quite happily in her little private county in the bell jar - but she misses the Master, and is shy but excited to see the newcomers to the Library.

If that's acceptable, that is...

Fairley B. Strange

Just keeping my eye on both plot possibilities... the faerie and the gargoyle.

Stella Gaslight

Because of the curse Gwin sometimes has allergic reactions to fairy magic but most if the time it shows up like hay fever.  I think the gargoyle is a trinket enchanted to be rude that the lord was given as a gag gift.  It isnt harmfull but it can be very foul mouthed.
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

MWBailey

And just what shall be the fairy's name?

She might become an ally of the team, and maybe a familiar or compatriot for Mordavo, I was thinking (?).

MWBailey

Went ahead and named her. I suppose we could have gone on for several panes without the name, but I was having troun=ble comiong up ith dialogue without it.

About Mordavo's rune that shattered the glamourie: don't put too much stock in it. He has great potential for magic, but he's a pragmatic happenstance practitioner, not a Master, so he uses what works and has worked in the past - but there's a great deal he doesn't know. I'd imagine the glamourie will be back all too soon...

Fairley B. Strange

Ok, so there are 5 people in the room (assuming that the rather quiet Quincy is lurking amidst the shelves somewhere) plus at least 3 magical creatures thus far, so I though we might concentrate on Mordavo's Faerie.

Feel free to describe what Lowe is seeing so we can all go on.

BTW, with the lengthy gaps between postings the thread seems to get 20-30 viewings, so any other lurkers out there feel free to jump in - either be a latecomer for the job, or perhaps as one of the non-human characters?

MWBailey

I think the others are likely put off by my rather preemptive character/plot development. It happened before I was aware, and then i had to  go take care of a real-world problem, and was forced to choose between posting what I'd already written, or killing it and coming back three or four days later and catching up. In a moment of panic, I hit the "post" button. Regrettable, but it's already been posted. Even if I erase it, they might not come back.

Fairley B. Strange

Well, it's been about a month with no additions (although with around 100 readers during its unplanned hiatus), so I suppose we should assume that the Higgsbury Museum has packed up its piles of curiosities for the forseeable future.

I've penned a quick closure, although like all tales it has an opening to restart Part II at some time in the future.

MWBailey

Here's hoping we can all get back together someday and make it happen. Or that somebody can.