News:

The Great Migration is complete! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Dream Vault: A repository for your most interesting and vivid dreams.

Started by J. Wilhelm, March 02, 2018, 08:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

I regularly dream of searching through a department store, or through the streets of the city that contains the department store. Last night I dreamt that the former Sears building had been transformed into a performance-art installation making a statement about social class hierarchy and mid-1970s interior design.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: von Corax on August 17, 2021, 06:32:04 AM
I regularly dream of searching through a department store, or through the streets of the city that contains the department store. Last night I dreamt that the former Sears building had been transformed into a performance-art installation making a statement about social class hierarchy and mid-1970s interior design.

Was there any avocado-green furniture involved in the dream?

J. Wilhelm

I had another one of those vivid dreams. This time it was about a repurposed space inside a discount department store.

Apparently, the heads of a certain "red and white circle logo" shop had decided that installing a hyper-realistic immersive and interactive movie theater was the way to attract more customers. Finally the day came for the opening of the 3D theater, and there were very long lines outside of the in-shop theater doors.

The theater had three levels behind an IMAX styled screen, but it had old fashioned opera house styled staircases divining the upper, middle and lower seats.

The movie has started already and people were trying to reach their seats. As soon as they opened the doors a loud thunder, much louder than anything I had heard shook the theater. The ground rumbled and sprays of water soaked the people waiting to enter.

Then the two staircases momentarily became white water cascades. The line of people, however, continued walking toward their seats, trudging along in the raging white waters! Cold air engulfed the whole theater and the floor began to sway making it very difficult to advance toward the upper balcony seats.

I woke up at that point. Obviously it was a nautical-themed movie.  ;D

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on August 18, 2021, 07:23:16 AM
I had another one of those vivid dreams. This time it was about a repurposed space inside a discount department store.

Apparently, the heads of a certain "red and white circle logo" shop had decided that installing a hyper-realistic immersive and interactive movie theater was the way to attract more customers. Finally the day came for the opening of the 3D theater, and there were very long lines outside of the in-shop theater doors.

The theater had three levels behind an IMAX styled screen, but it had old fashioned opera house styled staircases divining the upper, middle and lower seats.

The movie has started already and people were trying to reach their seats. As soon as they opened the doors a loud thunder, much louder than anything I had heard shook the theater. The ground rumbled and sprays of water soaked the people waiting to enter.

Then the two staircases momentarily became white water cascades. The line of people, however, continued walking toward their seats, trudging along in the raging white waters! Cold air engulfed the whole theater and the floor began to sway making it very difficult to advance toward the upper balcony seats.

I woke up at that point. Obviously it was a nautical-themed movie.  ;D

Your post makes me wonder about movie theater dreams. I've had a series of them since child hood. We never make it into the viewing area. It's always  blocked or a black pit.

Hurricane Annie


I had another experience with sleep paralysis early this morning. I felt awake but could not wake or move my body. A dark presence was looming over me as a was lying down. My hand was held up in the air out from my body and wizened in a hook like position. I couldn't move it. My lungs felt like they had respiratory restriction. I was desperate to move my body and stand up.

My hand did sustain minor injuries an incident with a heavy door last night.

von Corax

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on August 18, 2021, 07:11:01 AM
Quote from: von Corax on August 17, 2021, 06:32:04 AM
I regularly dream of searching through a department store, or through the streets of the city that contains the department store. Last night I dreamt that the former Sears building had been transformed into a performance-art installation making a statement about social class hierarchy and mid-1970s interior design.

Was there any avocado-green furniture involved in the dream?
Burgundy leather, actually.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Lazaras

My grandmother's house burnt down when I was four. My older brother literally drug me out of there when the fire started.

I still have nightmares where I wake back up with my entire life having been me being nearly unconscious from smoke inhalation and I'm trapped.
Cheapie Theatre - Web Proxy for my Gemini Site
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!

Spare Goggles
If this forum goes down. I shall be reachable there under the same name.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Lazaras on August 18, 2021, 08:03:35 PM
My grandmother's house burnt down when I was four. My older brother literally drug me out of there when the fire started.

I still have nightmares where I wake back up with my entire life having been me being nearly unconscious from smoke inhalation and I'm trapped.
I'll file that under Life based Terrors, like my atomic bomb dream.

rovingjack

had a weird dream last night where I found some magic-tech that allowed me to make miniature buildings like in model trains that when held out at arms length, and looked at like they are in the distance via perspective, with a trigger word they become activated, letting go of the building I could then walk to the full sized real version of it in a pocket dimension. and I made dozens of pocket dimensions to serve as sort of Noahs ark. a cluster of Fantasy, a cluster of steampunk, a cluster of cyberpunk and a superhero cluster.

And like the myths of entering the fairy realm (or a campaign of D&D sometimes) a few weeks in world can be years in 'real life' so these serve as sorts of time machines. And people who are struggling to survive in the current world, or those that would kill themselves, are lead to the worlds and essentially start colonies. And I checked the outside world a few times over the next centuries, (imagine the first episode of futurama that showed the time passing outside while fry was frozen).

there was the ability to use pocket realms within pocket realms with the time travel elements compounding enough that generations can pass in pockets while millenia pass outside. and eventually when humanity outside is gone from the world (maybe mutually destroyed in a war with AI, or used up the earth and moved into space etc) the ability to migrate pocket reality populations back out into the post apocalyptic world, and use magic, steampunk, cyberpunk and superhero abilities to spread the pocket worlds to different planets, means they can become whole worlds based on those genres.

(i think this is really my love of worldbuilding and creating rpg games/settings being imagined in a new way by my sleeping brain)
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: rovingjack on May 28, 2023, 01:38:57 AM
had a weird dream last night where I found some magic-tech that allowed me to make miniature buildings like in model trains that when held out at arms length, and looked at like they are in the distance via perspective, with a trigger word they become activated, letting go of the building I could then walk to the full sized real version of it in a pocket dimension. and I made dozens of pocket dimensions to serve as sort of Noahs ark. a cluster of Fantasy, a cluster of steampunk, a cluster of cyberpunk and a superhero cluster.

And like the myths of entering the fairy realm (or a campaign of D&D sometimes) a few weeks in world can be years in 'real life' so these serve as sorts of time machines. And people who are struggling to survive in the current world, or those that would kill themselves, are lead to the worlds and essentially start colonies. And I checked the outside world a few times over the next centuries, (imagine the first episode of futurama that showed the time passing outside while fry was frozen).

there was the ability to use pocket realms within pocket realms with the time travel elements compounding enough that generations can pass in pockets while millenia pass outside. and eventually when humanity outside is gone from the world (maybe mutually destroyed in a war with AI, or used up the earth and moved into space etc) the ability to migrate pocket reality populations back out into the post apocalyptic world, and use magic, steampunk, cyberpunk and superhero abilities to spread the pocket worlds to different planets, means they can become whole worlds based on those genres.

(i think this is really my love of worldbuilding and creating rpg games/settings being imagined in a new way by my sleeping brain)

Any dream at night that makes you dream during the day is a good dream.