News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The COVID Ridiculousness Thread

Started by J. Wilhelm, March 27, 2020, 05:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorontar

The issue with companies like John Deere also exists in Australia. Farmers want the right to modify or repair their tractors themselves or take them to a local mechanic, rather than having to use a certified one.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-19/right-to-repair-tractors-taken-up-by-the-accc/12156196

"The 'right to repair' movement has finally bent the ear of Australia's competition and consumer watchdog, the ACCC, in its pleas to be able to fix their own farm equipment.
An ACCC inquiry will examine whether international tractor manufacturers are failing Australian farmers who want access to software tools and parts to repair their own machinery."

Where is steam technology when you need it?

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

The Corsair

Y'know, reading through this has got me thinking I should spend more time here. This has all been refreshingly apolitical. Doesn't seem there's many places left on the internet where that's the case.

Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Sorontar

It has to be apolitical. We can't talk about politics.

Sorontar

Prof Marvel

Quote from: The Corsair on December 06, 2021, 11:22:04 AM
Y'know, reading through this has got me thinking I should spend more time here. This has all been refreshingly apolitical. Doesn't seem there's many places left on the internet where that's the case.

Oh My yessssss...

There are SO many other things to complain about besides politics!
Shoot I will complain about the weather too!

California now has four seasons, draught, earthquake, fire, and mudslides.

That has extended up into the Pacific Northwest, who thought that Portland Oregon, Seattle Washington, and Vancouver B.C. rainforests would end up being on fire?

Then there are the OZ fireseasons to complain about
and it seems Japan and SE Asia are having historic monsoons, floods and mudslides on a regular basis.

On the bright side, with all the attention to hand washing, sanitizing, and wearing masks, colds and influenza are at an historic low ( amongst those who are bright enough to follow directions) . Except for funky jab side effects and normal allergies I have not had any of the usual seasonal "bugs" in the last two years...

Yhs
Prof who will find something to complain about.
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: Sorontar on December 06, 2021, 11:27:34 AM

Sorontar

And you have Moderator rights......... Jeez!  ::) shakes head! :P

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on December 18, 2021, 04:31:36 PM

Quote from: Sorontar on December 06, 2021, 11:27:34 AM

Sorontar

And you have Moderator rights......... Jeez!  ::) shakes head! :P

Me thinks we need to institute an annual moderator re-certification process  ::)  ;D

givebracku

Am I the only one who noticed that the virus started coming back? Or is it something else? All my friends all over Europe are ill. Dry cough, fever, headache.( How are you guys feeling? I'm feeling that I caught a cold and I'm gonna stay at home till Christmas and try to recover. I am a businessman so for me it is very important to return to work as soon as I can. It's good that I at least have cmr document generator, the service which makes my life easier creates cmr documents for the transportation of my goods through Europe. I'm so glad I found it!

Sorontar

I fears a knock on the door on Xmas day, finding a long lost relative waiting outside, named Covid. You know, the one who you rarely see, you don't actually know which side of the family they come from, and they always seem to somehow annoy everyone at inopportune times during the celebrations.

I hope none of you have such a visitor, ever, and can enjoy your sunny holiday times, or a nice warm room with those you care about. Good healthy to all.

Sorontar