News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

New admin needed

Started by proteus, August 10, 2020, 05:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

With the assistance of the-wizard, I am now Administrator for Brass Goggles. Don't ask me to do anything just yet; I've a lot of reading and exploring to do!
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Sorontar

Congrats for getting this sorted out.

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

Synistor 303

Quote from: Sorontar on February 08, 2022, 10:03:04 PM
Congrats for getting this sorted out.

Sorontar

Ditto - hope it's not too daunting!

Lazaras

My condolences, but... given we need someone at the wheelhouse?  Thank you for taking up the task.
Cheapie Theatre - Web Proxy for my Gemini Site
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!

Spare Goggles
If this forum goes down. I shall be reachable there under the same name.

Xenos

Quote from: von Corax on February 08, 2022, 08:40:00 PM
With the assistance of the-wizard, I am now Administrator for Brass Goggles. Don't ask me to do anything just yet; I've a lot of reading and exploring to do!

I'm happy for you or sorry that happened. Having an admin though, that's a good thing, surely. I've the bubbly on ice--just let me know when to break it out, and celebrations all 'round.
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

James Harrison

Congratulations/ commiserations (delete as necessary).  Noting The Wizard's comments re: cessation due to non-payment, are funds in order or do we need to send the hat around?
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

von Corax

I've just reread this entire thread and I still can't remember — did anyone volunteer to be backup Admin?

Sorontar

I think various people did. I might have said I can be a backup for the backup because of my professional IT background, even though it is rather academic rather than hands-on, and my 10+ years experience at moderating and designing wikis and running gaming servers.

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51232.msg1005601.html#msg1005601
I said:
"So, back to the question asked by proteus, who is willing to take on one of Admin roles?
And I ask, who is (still) willing to be a Moderator?
I put my hand up as a part-time/drop dead/emergency Mod."

Yeah, I volunteered, sort of. If you need a third Admin, it can be me as I have the technical understanding of databases and information systems as well as information management and governance.

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

von Corax

Splendid. I've just added you to the Admin membergroup. You'll need to log out and back in to see your new privileges.

You don't have DBA access yet; that won't come until we have a permanent host set up.

Lazaras

Congratulations/condolences Sorontar.
Cheapie Theatre - Web Proxy for my Gemini Site
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!

Spare Goggles
If this forum goes down. I shall be reachable there under the same name.

Rockula

I for one welcome our new Sorontar overlord.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

SeVeNeVeS

So the wizard chap was legit then. Thank you von Corax for finally being able to become our Captain of this fine forum. I'm sure you have already done a lot of work behind the scenes and we appreciate your effort and commitment.

Quote from: Rockula on February 10, 2022, 12:45:18 PM
Same here, and thank you Sorontar for volunteering to assist!

MWBailey

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on February 13, 2022, 05:07:28 AM

So the wizard chap was legit then. Thank you von Corax for finally being able to become our Captain of this fine forum. I'm sure you have already done a lot of work behind the scenes and we appreciate your effort and commitment.

Quote from: Rockula on February 10, 2022, 12:45:18 PM
Same here, and thank you Sorontar for volunteering to assist!

Seconded, thirded, and et certera!
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

madamemarigold

Congratulations as well!  ;D Glad to see there is someone(s) at the helm to keep this Airship afloat ready to engage the air krakens should they get "Antsy" and want to engage! ;)

mephit

Glad to hear there's some movement on resurrecting BG. Any word on the domain registration? From the Wizard's post it sounded like that would be one of the major problems still left to deal with.

von Corax

Quote from: mephit on February 25, 2022, 12:42:37 AM
Glad to hear there's some movement on resurrecting BG. Any word on the domain registration? From the Wizard's post it sounded like that would be one of the major problems still left to deal with.
We've registered brassgoggles.net and pointed it here. I've also placed a backorder on brassgoggles.org, but there's been no progress on obtaining control of brassgoggles.co.uk.

mephit

Quote from: von Corax on February 25, 2022, 12:54:42 AM
Quote from: mephit on February 25, 2022, 12:42:37 AM
We've registered brassgoggles.net and pointed it here. I've also placed a backorder on brassgoggles.org, but there's been no progress on obtaining control of brassgoggles.co.uk.
Thanks for the update! Hopefully everything can be sorted out reasonably satisfactorily. I know this has been something of a nightmare, so thank you for taking this lumbering beast over.