News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~ DEAD THREAD PLEASE DELETE ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~

Started by SeVeNeVeS, July 29, 2021, 05:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeVeNeVeS

mizzarrogh

This was a totaly awesome idea!

I need to install radiators in the old farmhouse since there was no radiators to begin with whan i moven in here, i will deffinitly hawe a look if they hawe any of those copper radiators on the town scrapyard here!

SeVeNeVeS

James Harrison

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: James Harrison on August 30, 2021, 02:16:34 PM
That's a brilliant idea repurposing car radiators. 

They are actually from scrapped central heating boilers, but now that you mention it, car radiators could be an option to look into........

James Harrison

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

mizzarrogh

I think any copper or brass radiotor that can withstand the heat will do.  :)

Personaly i realy like the unusual shape of those on the pictures.

Miranda.T

Absolutely amazing creations! Yours is not a home, it's a magnificent work of Steampunk art; galleries would charge a small fortune in admission fees to see installations such as you have created. I can only imagine how many hours of painstaking work have gone into them.

Yours,
Miranda.

SeVeNeVeS

Miranda.T

That is such a great idea, and superbly executed!

Yours,
Miranda.

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: Miranda.T on September 03, 2021, 05:08:07 PM

Yours,
Miranda.

Thanks again, at least one person here likes it.

Due to the obvious lack of interest, I will not be updating this thread and have decided to let it sink down to the depths of Davy Jones' Locker.

Shame.

von Corax

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on September 04, 2021, 12:47:02 PM

Yours,
Miranda.

Due to the obvious lack of interest, I will not be updating this thread and have decided to let it sink down to the depths of Davy Jones' Locker.

Shame.
Nooo! Show us more please!
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

James Harrison

^^^ What VC said^^^

I might not say much but then again that's mostly because of my view that merely saying 'nice' or 'good' is just noise.  This thread has given me an idea or two for my own project.     

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: James Harrison on September 04, 2021, 04:24:46 PM
^^^ What VC said^^^

I might not say much but then again that's mostly because of my view that merely saying 'nice' or 'good' is just noise.  This thread has given me an idea or two for my own project.    
like what?
Please don't get me wrong here, I am not after adulation in any way, just a reply now and then to confirm I'm not boring you even to say you don't like it, far too many dead things, that reminds me of a penis  ;) or questions on how I did it... etc.

Any noise, even a pin dropped in a world of silence can sometimes be a cacophony and can reassure one that yes, it's worth carrying on.

Surely a community should have some kind of reciprocating dialogue, which frankly seems to be somewhat absent these days compared to the past.

For any one in the UK thinking of a glass floor, I used Diomet Online https://diometonline.co.uk/walk-on-floor-glass my one cost £280 inc delivery, very cheep for 25mm toughened / laminated glass I thought.

James Harrison

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on September 05, 2021, 07:36:40 AM
Quote from: James Harrison on September 04, 2021, 04:24:46 PM
^^^ What VC said^^^

I might not say much but then again that's mostly because of my view that merely saying 'nice' or 'good' is just noise.  This thread has given me an idea or two for my own project.    
like what?
Please don't get me wrong here, I am not after adulation in any way, just a reply now and then to confirm I'm not boring you even to say you don't like it, far too many dead things, that reminds me of a penis  ;) or questions on how I did it... etc.

Any noise, even a pin dropped in a world of silence can sometimes be a cacophony and can reassure one that yes, it's worth carrying on.

Surely a community should have some kind of reciprocating dialogue, which frankly seems to be somewhat absent these days compared to the past.

For any one in the UK thinking of a glass floor, I used Diomet Online https://diometonline.co.uk/walk-on-floor-glass my one cost £280 inc delivery, very cheep for 25mm toughened / laminated glass I thought.

Well, the use of boiler heat transfer elements has got me thinking about something I could do when I finally get around to replacing the radiator in my bathroom.  The glass in the floorboard has reminded me of those cast iron floor vents and now I'm thinking whether I could put some of those in, when I replace the sitting room floor.

SeVeNeVeS

James Harrison

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: James Harrison on September 05, 2021, 08:30:25 AM
Do you mean using 22mm diameter pipe there?

Sorry, yes I should have used 22mm pipe, the 15mm looks too skinny for the size of the project, I may change it at a later date.

I am currently collecting bits and bobs for a very large radiator, a full wall piece for the bathroom, this one is going to be very Industrial rather than Steampunk, mostly sprayed black and grey with hints of copper and brass.

mizzarrogh

Dawn awsome! I totaly love them all, the floor window is just stunnign in my opinion!
I am not going to mention what the whole lighthouse look like with a bit of human fantasy...  ;D

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on September 04, 2021, 12:47:02 PM

Yours,
Miranda.

Shame.

Please don't assume there's a lack of interest. To be honest, in the last month and a half I've been so busy at work that I tend not to read other members' posts. I barely have time to eat and sleep after work. Sometimes I'll post while riding the bus (hence the city scapes in my posts). Your taxidermy work reminded me of some museum pieces that we posted about a decade ago. I meant to reply on that, but I don't think I said much. And your excellent pipework, I just noticed today!

SeVeNeVeS

James Harrison

What a shame they aren't made like that any more.  When I had the telephone line reinstated at mine (the previous owners had cable), I had to be content with some awful plastic thing.  And don't get me started on the Jodrell Bank arrangement of inactive/ half-working television apparatus clinging onto the roof and front wall...

SeVeNeVeS

mizzarrogh

A friend of my father dug down a lot of those in a local landfill long time ago, not as beautiful as those red ones, but now i am realy tempted to try to dig up some of them and see if they can be salvaged.
At least i will try to dig there and see if i can find anything useful, but it will be after the winter here since the soil became rock hard here in the winter and not possible to dig anymore.  :)

RJBowman

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on September 10, 2021, 03:31:31 PM
Plugging away........

After a days work, I ended up with this, an old and very rusty telephone wire steel bracket with ceramic (?) ends......

Ceramic...insulators. The wires, which were probably bare metal without any kind of insulation, cloth, rubber, or otherwise, was tied to those ceramic insulators. It kept the current from running through the metal bracket.