News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

A Quick Update on the Great Migration

Started by von Corax, May 21, 2022, 07:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

James Harrison

Huzzah, it's worked!  Oh I say, the look is very different now isn't it?
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

von Corax

Country flags were lost in the upgrade, but I've reinstalled the modification. Everyone will need to reset their country flag on their "Modify Profile" page.

von Corax

Ranks are once again based on time online.

Mercury Wells

So this is our future "Witnessed as Shiny & Bright"?.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Caledonian

thank you all for your hard work! I'm going to take some time getting used to it being less brown on here
Passion is like a Peatfire

von Corax

Quote from: Caledonian on June 09, 2022, 09:55:04 PM
thank you all for your hard work! I'm going to take some time getting used to it being less brown on here

You're quite welcome!

Time, I think, for a celebratory shot of Bushmills 10-year-old single malt.

Rockula

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Sorontar

Well done indeed! Well done for the technical aspects and the perseverance. I'll have a look around the back end over the weekend to see if there is anything else that might be suggested, but I suspect you know it all very well by now.

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

SeVeNeVeS

Bloody good show! I know it has been a bit of a challenge for you sir.

Sorry to add to your woes, I dabbled with the forum look in my profile, now I can't see my profile button and posts look a little off.

No bold,ittalic insert image in a reply?..........

No rush.

von Corax

I think that's fixed it. For now, everyone should stick with the default board theme, as the others are now broken in various ways.

SeVeNeVeS

Thank you! I promise not to dabble any more until the forum is a little more stable.

Great job, no, wonderful job you are doing for us all, big thumbs up! and big thanks for your efforts ;)

Synistor 303

Thanks so much for doing this - much appreciated!

Xenos

Huzzah! Had me worried for a bit it might go down again, but I see now all's well.

None too worried about themes and colours and whatnot, for now stability is what matters.
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

Madasasteamfish

Well its nice to know everything's up and running safely.

The colour scheme does seem a little off after the familiar shades of brown and mustard, but the old girl could do with a fresh lick of paint, its not as if it's particularly garish.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

SeVeNeVeS

just a minor question..... have we shifted location on the server (?) as well? . I don't know what I'm talking about here, there was mention of re-locating to another provider, is that right? Oh how the memory is fading rapidly these days...... fum do fiddly.......humm.....what am I doing now? ......Oh yeah.

::)

Rockula

I've managed to work out how to change the Spam profiles to Banned User and how to ban the spammers.
I can't work out how to remove posts.

von Corax

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on June 10, 2022, 11:16:34 AM

The colour scheme does seem a little off after the familiar shades of brown and mustard, but the old girl could do with a fresh lick of paint, its not as if it's particularly garish.

It literally only just now occurred to me that some users might have been using non-default themes, all of which are now broken. I think I've now reset everyone to the default theme.

von Corax

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on June 10, 2022, 11:45:46 AM
just a minor question..... have we shifted location on the server (?) as well? . I don't know what I'm talking about here, there was mention of re-locating to another provider, is that right? Oh how the memory is fading rapidly these days...... fum do fiddly.......humm.....what am I doing now? ......Oh yeah.

::)

We have not yet moved servers, as it is considered extremely reckless, even among Sparks, to change too many factors at once. Now that the upgrade is out of the way I can concentrate on the move.

von Corax

Quote from: Rockula on June 10, 2022, 11:49:46 AM
I've managed to work out how to change the Spam profiles to Banned User and how to ban the spammers.

The way I do it is to go back to the Profile Summary page and click "Show Posts." From there you can delete each post using the "Remove" link in the lower right of the post.

Miranda.T

Oh, very well done for triumphing over the digital gremlins  :D

Yours,
Miranda.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: von Corax on June 09, 2022, 04:24:02 PM
The forum is now upgraded and running. The old theme is broken, though, so I apologize for the present ugliness. I shall begin addressing that issue as soon as I have recovered my equilibrium and composure.

Congratulations! And thank you for your work. So the trick of using your own box did it eh?

Sorry I've been absent. My roommate got Covid and my job is sputtering it's last words. So o was a bit busy this week. But i was monitoring your messages via Twitter (those who are in the platform should follow the account)

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on June 10, 2022, 11:16:34 AM

Do we perform the re-decoration ourselves? Or do we call Mr. Bean?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T9MAmWnOznI

Lazaras

OK gonna admit that I lament the loss of the old theme. Setting aside jokes of being snowblinded? The software upgrade makes it worthwhile.

Hats off to you for the work.
Cheapie Theatre - Web Proxy for my Gemini Site
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!

Spare Goggles
If this forum goes down. I shall be reachable there under the same name.

Rockula

Quote from: von Corax on June 10, 2022, 12:52:17 PM
Quote from: Rockula on June 10, 2022, 11:49:46 AM

The way I do it is to go back to the Profile Summary page and click "Show Posts." From there you can delete each post using the "Remove" link in the lower right of the post.

Thank You.