News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

A Quick Update on the Great Migration

Started by von Corax, May 21, 2022, 07:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

Spoiler tags work again. This feature was provided by an add-on which needed upgrading.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

SeVeNeVeS

Spoiler: ShowHide
 8)

This really is a major job, I would to thank you again for your time and effort on this, I'm not sure people realize how much work and time is involved.

von Corax

https://vimeo.com/712888388

Video embedding works once again. Please note that, unlike the old embedding mod, this one does not render in the Preview, only once you click "Post."

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: von Corax on June 12, 2022, 03:39:43 PM

https://vimeo.com/712888388

Video embedding works once again. Please note that, unlike the old embedding mod, this one does not render in the Preview, only once you click "Post."

So after this, are you planning to go hike mountain trails and frolic with the cows?  ;D

Mercury Wells

Is it possible to change the colours/shades of the "new posts & "no new posts" gears?. As they both look very similar.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

von Corax

Quote from: Mercury Wells on June 13, 2022, 09:24:47 PM
Is it possible to change the colours/shades of the "new posts & "no new posts" gears?. As they both look very similar.

They do, don't they? They're the same files from the old forum, but I suppose I can edit them somehow. It might have to wait until after the move, though.

Mercury Wells

Quote from: von Corax on June 13, 2022, 09:31:01 PM
Quote from: Mercury Wells on June 13, 2022, 09:24:47 PM

They do, don't they? They're the same files from the old forum, but I suppose I can edit them somehow. It might have to wait until after the move, though.

No problem, take aslong as you need.

BTB. Good work.  ;D
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Sir Henry

Just a thank you. For all your work on this, our lifeline.
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Cora Courcelle

Sterling work going on here, and it is much appreciated.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

von Corax

Here's a quick update on the Great Migration. I am unemployed at the moment, but I have selected a new hosting service, and once I secure gainful employment (I have several fish on the hook at the moment) I shall be proceeding with the move. In the mean time I have a little prep work and testing to do, but I don't anticipate this having any impact on the forum.

SeVeNeVeS

We are in your very trusted hands and what you decide.

As a side note, has a new paypal account been set up yet? You are currently unemployed and as far as I am aware paying for hosting. I'm sure some could contribute and help with costs.........

von Corax

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on August 31, 2022, 04:35:01 PM
We are in your very trusted hands and what you decide.

As a side note, has a new paypal account been set up yet? You are currently unemployed and as far as I am aware paying for hosting. I'm sure some could contribute and help with costs.........

Actually, the-wizard is still giving us a free ride. Also, I don't want to start taking donations until I've had a chance to explore the income tax ramifications.

Sorontar

Quote from: von Corax on August 31, 2022, 06:08:20 PM
Actually, the-wizard is still giving us a free ride. Also, I don't want to start taking donations until I've had a chance to explore the income tax ramifications.
Kind of them to do that and wise move about the tax.

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

yereverluvinunclebert

Quote from: von Corax on August 31, 2022, 06:08:20 PM
Actually, the-wizard is still giving us a free ride.

Crikey, give them our best regards and thanks for that kind gesture. That is unexpected. Decent chaps all.
Steampunk Widgets and Icons of Some Worldwide Repute