News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

I need to find 3D printable models...

Started by mizzarrogh, June 29, 2022, 03:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzarrogh

Hi guys!

I am very new to 3D printing, so i know completely nothing so far except for what's in the manual for the resin printer i just bought.
I wonder if any of You know where one can find free or at least very cheap printable models i could use for my crafting projects?

At te moment i need:

Moosehorn, size large scale 22,5 (or at least something that look good) which shall be in the front of a G scale locomotive for my "imaginary west" (i don't know what i should name it, but i guess You got the idea of where my aim is set... ha ha) project.

A rocket engine, prefearably the older style like the A4 or Viking engine, it shall be for a sort of UFO site but with tecnology that actualy did (or could hawe) exist later in time....
Same scale as above; 22,5 or so.

Generay it's not very down to earth at all, but i whish to add in some realism so the scenario one decide to setup at the moment gives some feeling of that it could actualy had existed.
However, as the name sugested it's going to be amixture of tradiational steampunk and imaginary SciFi elements.

It's mainly decoration for my model railroad so the items does not need to be playable, but i wouyld love if one can study details on a closeup.

(I don't hawe any pictures yet since at the moment it's just a Bachmann hauler standing on my floor... The scenario is going to be built around the train was my plan. The idea i hawe in mind is a forest with giant trees and a river delta that ending in a sea bay i think, i deffinitly want to add in a mine in the future as well. But don't hold your breth for it yet... ha ha At the moment it's just in my head and i am not finished with the final laout is going to be more then it will be semi modular so it's possible to work with the models in the future if i decide to change anything or add something)

von Corax

The go-to for such things seems to be Thingiverse, although there are also alternatives.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

mizzarrogh

Thank You! I am of course willing to donate smaller sums to the creators if nessesary  if i found it worthvile.