News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Dicey wildcards. tabletop game players and makers

Started by rovingjack, July 25, 2022, 04:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rovingjack

started 24Worlds subreddit for people who wanna make 24 worlds in 2024 to practice world building for games and/or fiction. or just fun.

I'm on the 3rd day of questmas, I've random generated 3 cities, 4 magic spells, and 3 world maps.

The towns of: Dunno, Knot Shore, and Imblankin. the spells are basically inspired by pokemon 'moves' for various types. and I'm fairly impressed by some of the random town and world map generators. I'll be shifting over to making my own soon with craft supplies lol.

there's a lot left to do still.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

rovingjack

Quote from: rovingjack on December 23, 2023, 03:32:46 AMAdding 12 days of Questmas to my hobby challenges.

Anyone wanna have a bit of fun? Wanna try a 12 days of questmas challenge?
1 a one parchment city (a 1 page city)
2 magic spells (2 new spells)
3 setting maps (cast your dice or rice on a page and make some overland maps)
4 calling quests (quest hooks)
5 magic things (magic items)
6 npcs
7 traps a-tripping (make some traps)
8 monsters wandering (create some new monster descriptions)
9 treasures gleaming (random generation of treasures)
10 dungeons delving (simple one page dungeons)
11 puzzles puzzling (riddles, cyphers, etc)
12 domains delighting/ of dreading (one paragraph pitches for domains of delight or dread)
reskins, random tables and online random generators encouraged.

I done did it. Now I have 364 creations that I'm thinking of turning into a blog. a daily entry for a year might be cool but a bit much to take on. maybe a few daily for a short bit and then a weekly or something. we'll see.

but for now, I've got til chinese new year to finish off some of the year long projects I started, and the new ones start then.

as well as starting my 24 worlds in 2024.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

rovingjack

"It is said that everyone has two ends that await them: The first is when their body dies; and the second when the memory of them dies. But there is a place between these ends, where legends reside; endlessly maintained by the storytelling. Where tales of woe/wonder gain new life, by perching in the memories of those drawn into -the Curio Realms of Woe/wonder." rough draft of the back cover of C.R.o.W. zine idea

rovingjack

waiting on the approval of my zinequest attempt for Curio Realms of Woe. (diigital only)

trying to keep being excited instead of anxious self doubting.

It might not fund but that's okay, it's really just trying a new thing, and as long as I learn something in the process, and it's not costing me anything, it's still a victory.

rovingjack

I'm pretty sure it won't fund, which is fine, this is more of a kickstarter practice round just to test everything and see how it all works. http://kck.st/4bojlDQ

I'll likely produce the digital zines anyway, and maybe see about small batch printing. I intend there to be 2+ years of this zine, an equal number of it's sister curio realms of wonder, Maybe running in parallel with the Spelljammer homage, and eventually the planescape homage.for the C.R.O.W.,STAR, DREAM trilogy. otherwise I cannot imagine doing zines for all of this for a decade lol.