News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Post Pictures of Your Home

Started by Orlando, April 01, 2008, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abraxas

sorry, I did mean "kids" to be somewhat tongue in cheek.
I can't wait until no-one reads books anymore, then whipping out my Old Dusty will be seen as truly eccentric and wonder worthy.

Von Gast

Quote from: Abraxas on July 05, 2008, 09:31:48 PM
sorry, I did mean "kids" to be somewhat tongue in cheek.
I can't wait until no-one reads books anymore, then whipping out my Old Dusty will be seen as truly eccentric and wonder worthy.

I don't see it happening - I'm a big advocate of the internet for researching (show me an encyclopedia that has, say, entries on German trains of the 1950s that I can get hold of locally) but I still prefer a printed book for things like catalogues or photos. I often find myself using the web to find details of books with information I need.

Laverna Lovett~

haha i know what you mean! and don't worry about the kids thing, you are most likely older than me, since nearly everyone on this forum is.

Honeythorn

Jeremy has a nice new background. Which is in fact a length of curtain material but I think it suits him nicely :D

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·

Orlando

Quote from: Honeythorn on July 11, 2008, 06:28:06 PM
Jeremy has a nice new background. Which is in fact a length of curtain material but I think it suits him nicely :D

Nice pattern and colour!

I used to have black bed linen - a cotton rich poly/cotton mix that eventually went the way of all black (-->grey, too much washing in biological washing powder to get all the stains out when I was a student :D ).  Yours looks like it's satin or silk (but probably not shiny rubber!)

Orlando.

Honeythorn

Rubber????? Noooo. Its all black and red satin inside and out apart from the bedthrow.  ;D

Abraxas

mmm...Jeremy seems like my sorta guy!
Always good in a pickle, as he shows a lot of backbone.
although at the moment he seems to have lost his head.
He does that sometimes when his back's against the wall.
and he fits with ms honethorns kink for guys with a skeletal frame.
no bones about it.

*groan*

Herr Döktor

Honeythorn

Laverna Lovett~

::laughs delightedly:: those jokes are so corny that it's actually funny  ;D

oskila

Bumping this thread because it's fun :)

The four corners of my living room. Graininess is due to ISO cranked up to 3200 to avoid flash.
Spoiler: ShowHide
- the computer and rat cage corner.
- yes, the chair claimed by the cat is damn ugly, but folds out into a spare bed.

Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

Derranged-Gadgeteer

My previous home in suburban North Carolina, is well, suburban, and boring, and too small, and...

Well let's just leave it at "I can say a lot of bad things about it"

However, now that I'm off to college, I've just completed moving into my grandfather's house in New York, which affords me much greater space, freedom, and steampunkiness.

The house:

Complete with a carriage Barn for a garage:

A beautiful garden, (My Grandfather's pride and joy):

Plus a back woods..:
[/spoiler

Complete with a picturesque creek:
[spoiler]

Needless to say, I'm very happy to be here. 

Updated as often as practical.  Worth a visit.

Anders

Beautiful place, DG.  I jealous you!

Prof Eumides Blakehurst

Quote from: Derranged-Gadgeteer on August 12, 2008, 01:08:06 AM
However, now that I'm off to college, I've just completed moving into my grandfather's house in New York, which affords me much greater space, freedom, and steampunkiness.

A beautiful garden, (My Grandfather's pride and joy):

Rhubarb!! A most steamy vegetable - completely delicious and with enough oxalic acid in the poisonous leaves to lightly etch metal.

Lovely place your grandfather has there.
There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.

Orlando

Hej oskila,

Thanks for the views.
It's great to see inside homes because one can see the interests and hobbies pursued there - you are a musician, a tailor and an animal lover amongst other things!  And I can see that the cat has been playing football with it's toys!

Derranged-Gadgeteer

Your grandfathers's home is just exactly what I think of as an archetypal American home.  I know it probably isn't, but you know what I mean? - timber framed, weather boarding, carriage barn.  And the garden is so well kept - you're grandpa must live in the garden.  Tell him if he ever fancies a vacation in the UK, he's most welcome to come and spend the summer doing my garden!

Orlando.

oskila

Quote from: Orlando on August 12, 2008, 03:13:40 AM
Hej oskila,

Thanks for the views.
It's great to see inside homes because one can see the interests and hobbies pursued there - you are a musician, a tailor and an animal lover amongst other things!  And I can see that the cat has been playing football with it's toys!

Derranged-Gadgeteer

Your grandfathers's home is just exactly what I think of as an archetypal American home.  I know it probably isn't, but you know what I mean? - timber framed, weather boarding, carriage barn.  And the garden is so well kept - you're grandpa must live in the garden.  Tell him if he ever fancies a vacation in the UK, he's most welcome to come and spend the summer doing my garden!

Orlando.

Very observant :)

While your guesses are not incorrect, the sewing machine and piano are more used by my fiancée. Also, the hobbies I currently pursue are also in almost plain view: birding and photography. I also like video game consoles.
Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

ByChrisAnderSoN

Quote from: Orlando on April 01, 2008, 04:55:48 PM
I love looking at pictures of peoples homes and I can't find an existing thread devoted to this.
There are only a few scattered, tantalising glimpses of workshops and house interiors in the forum e.g. Professor Fzz's study.

Don't bother tidying-up (I'm afraid I haven't), just start blazing away with a camera and post up some pics.

Here's one from me, and my apologies if you've seen it before in another posting.

Orlando.

A little parts of my Steampunk Home...in France

ByChrisAnderSoN

Quote from: Honeythorn on April 03, 2008, 06:15:48 PM
My lovely darling room. The spine is called Jeremy.

PERFECT DARK ROOM !!! I LIKE IT !!!!

Orlando

M. Anderson,

J'espère que vous pourrez me comprendre. Il y a longtemps que j'ai essayé d'écrire en français. Je dois vérifier avec un traducteur en ligne afin de s'assurer qu'il est correct, si seulement un peu! Je ne sais pas ce qui est poli à l'égard de vouvoyer ou tutoyer dans cette situation de l'Internet forum - excuser mes erreurs, et si je dire quoi que ce soit vraiment stupide, dire tout le monde s'il vous plaît! ;D

Merci beaucoup pour les photos. J'aime beaucoup votre style. Puis-je appeler comme le style du pays avec un peu gothique - blanc-lavage, rustique, mais avec effrayant poupées etc. Vous avez une magnifique collection d'objets trouvés et l'installation du crâne dans le cabinet de curiosités est très bon, avec l'éclairage caché.

Au sujet de l'éclairage, je pense que les ampoules dans votre chandelier sont faites par Girard-Sudron, peut-être. Ils sont disponibles dans mon pays, mais ils sont assez coûteux - Flammes de coup de vent: environ €6,50.

Sur cette photo ...
Quote from: ByChrisAnderSoN on August 20, 2008, 11:32:29 AM

... avez-vous fait cet effet en utilisant les carreaux de céramique sur le mur?

Orlando.

Translate my attempt at French by copy & pasting the above into Google translator.

ByChrisAnderSoN

Quote from: Orlando on April 01, 2008, 04:55:48 PM
I love looking at pictures of peoples homes and I can't find an existing thread devoted to this.
There are only a few scattered, tantalising glimpses of workshops and house interiors in the forum e.g. Professor Fzz's study.

Don't bother tidying-up (I'm afraid I haven't), just start blazing away with a camera and post up some pics.

Here's one from me, and my apologies if you've seen it before in another posting.

Orlando.

A little parts of my Steampunk Home...in France

Your photo is not displayed, send another picture, Thank you

ByChrisAnderSoN

Quote from: Orlando on August 21, 2008, 04:31:28 AM
M. Anderson,

J'espère que vous pourrez me comprendre. Il y a longtemps que j'ai essayé d'écrire en français. Je dois vérifier avec un traducteur en ligne afin de s'assurer qu'il est correct, si seulement un peu! Je ne sais pas ce qui est poli à l'égard de vouvoyer ou tutoyer dans cette situation de l'Internet forum - excuser mes erreurs, et si je dire quoi que ce soit vraiment stupide, dire tout le monde s'il vous plaît! ;D

Merci beaucoup pour les photos. J'aime beaucoup votre style. Puis-je appeler comme le style du pays avec un peu gothique - blanc-lavage, rustique, mais avec effrayant poupées etc. Vous avez une magnifique collection d'objets trouvés et l'installation du crâne dans le cabinet de curiosités est très bon, avec l'éclairage caché.

Au sujet de l'éclairage, je pense que les ampoules dans votre chandelier sont faites par Girard-Sudron, peut-être. Ils sont disponibles dans mon pays, mais ils sont assez coûteux - Flammes de coup de vent: environ €6,50.

Sur cette photo ...

... avez-vous fait cet effet en utilisant les carreaux de céramique sur le mur?

Orlando.

Translate my attempt at French by copy & pasting the above into Google translator.

Thank you for your compliments.Your french is very good, better than my english.for the tutoiement or vouvoiement for me this is not a problem, it is easier tutoiement is more friendly. It is true that my house, there are several style blend, Steampunk, Victorian, Gothic, French Country, but I think that is credible and harmony. to tell the truth, I discovered the word "Steampunk" a few weeks ago and I discovered that this style is a style that I have always coexist and that I like, therefore I am "Steampunk" Now Official and all my creations is now on this site

ByChrisAnderSoN

New Pictures, The Reserve and My new purchase

A little parts of my Steampunk Home...in France, INSIDE PART 1/2/3/4

Professor Veritas

I am officially envious of some of your living spaces - steampunk and otherwise.

Here's a go at my abode:

From the outside - one of the most "interesting" houses on the street - and one of the oldest:

And the view from the living room is magnificent:

We've had the place for about 18 months and have slowly begun remodeling - room by room.

The "what have I gotten myself into" moment:

The Master Bedroom before:

And after:

My son's room - not Victorian or Steampunk - but entirely done by my wife who is
so damn talented it's hard for me not to be jealous
Before:

After:

The deck area - Before:

And After:

The house is going Tuscan - with some Victorian tones - but it has a full basement with a fireplace which I have claimed as my own Steampunkable hideaway.  I will post pictures of it as it goes through the process of being "Steamed" up.

Regards,

Prof. Veritas

Der Tinkermann

I'm trying not be jealous..............ok i failed
Great interior decorations......

clairdelune

Quote from: Professor Veritas on November 26, 2008, 09:23:47 PM
I am officially envious of some of your living spaces - steampunk and otherwise.

Here's a go at my abode:
snippage of wonderful photos
A house of multicolored gables!  And more than one fireplace?  Very nice.  I especially love how you made the window seat in the bedroom it's own private retreat with a different paint color and portiere,looks like a great place to read or dream.

Please keep those pictures coming, especially of the deck area as it fills in.