News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

anyone care to befriend the new kid?

Started by Silvia Lovett, April 08, 2008, 07:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ampère Volt

No, I'm the alpha around here, they fight eachother for a spot next to me  ::) they also listen to me when I call them...
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>

Albrecht

Quote from: Mercy on April 12, 2008, 11:57:48 AM
Quote from: Ampère on April 12, 2008, 11:52:19 AM
Why yes twice daily!  And I've also taught them to sit, to lift a paw, to jump on top of a stool, to follow, to fetch, to stand and to go through a tunnel.
But cunning?  :-\

My cats have taught me to follow them...

Cats do that, so do rats...

Ampère Volt

Hmmm my rats follow me around.... (I have 22 rats....)
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>

Silvia Lovett

i use to have a taranchela (spell?)
a big spider...she got lose in the house and i haven't found her since :(
Broken hearts change the mind, notice that they'er killing mine.

Albrecht

Quote from: Silvia Lovett on April 12, 2008, 01:43:33 PM
i use to have a taranchela (spell?)
a big spider...she got lose in the house and i haven't found her since :(

Propably escaped into the wild.
My brotheres tarantula escaped once and he found her (it was a female) after an our in one of his ring binders.
In case he hadn't found her he'd moved in with a friend for a few days and called the police.

Silvia Lovett

OH wow...i miss her...
her name was Shelob

Captain_Minty_Gearhertz

Quote from: Ampère on April 12, 2008, 12:01:14 PM
No, I'm the alpha around here, they fight eachother for a spot next to me  ::) they also listen to me when I call them...
all hail the cat ruler! *bows*
The music is reversable, but time...is not.

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

Ampére, you're in terrible danger! They're only competing to be closest to you because they ALL want to be the first to put the knife in!
You've not taught them anything, they're luring you into a false sense of security!

Silvia Lovett

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

i have 6 cats and two kittens(very tiny i hope they live) and i am a very well trained pet to them :) i know they only keep me around because i can use a can opener! to that end i have one cat that acts like a dog. she barks(yup barks... sorta sounds like a kitty cough) growls... and fetches and i didnt teacher her any of this. odd duck she is. fits right in in this odd house hold.

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

Quote from: ms_boo_dreadful on April 12, 2008, 08:22:40 PM
i have 6 cats and two kittens(very tiny i hope they live) and i am a very well trained pet to them :) i know they only keep me around because i can use a can opener! to that end i have one cat that acts like a dog. she barks(yup barks... sorta sounds like a kitty cough) growls... and fetches and i didnt teacher her any of this. odd duck she is. fits right in in this odd house hold.

You don't have 6 cats and 2 kittens. 6 cats and 2 kittens have YOU.

Silvia Lovett

Von Gast

I like cats. They seem to like me too. Even the ones that shred sofas and take all the skin off their owners arm purr like chainsaws after a few minutes around me.

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

heh one of my cats is very much like that. he stays out most days but he can viveisect a person in a single paw stroke. but on the other hand hes just so darn cute i feel bad if i discipline him too much. i have one solid black tabby(aformention surgeon) two long haired queens(girls) and two sister kitties who are grey tabbys on top of that one of the long haired cats(a stray i took in a few months back) had two kittens. only two however. and they are so tiny i worry they wont live :(

Laverna Lovett~

i've only got three cats. one's a mix of an orange tabby and a siamese (that sounds odd, i know), one's a gray tabby, and one's black. The black and white ones are males, and the gray tabby is a female.
The white one is obese and thinks he owns everything.
The black one is a little off in the head and would jump out a ten-story building if the window was open and there was a bird fluttering outside.
And the gray tabby is afraid of her own shadow.
Cats are very weird...

Ampère Volt

Quote from: Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth on April 12, 2008, 07:55:17 PM

Ampére, you're in terrible danger! They're only competing to be closest to you because they ALL want to be the first to put the knife in!
You've not taught them anything, they're luring you into a false sense of security!

No you are mistaken, I am the Gatekeeper  ;D
In al seriousness after a near death experience with a dog I brought my red tabby to safety and she's been clinging to me in a most disturbingly manner ever since :P for instance, she will not eat nor drink or even come out of her spot in a strange place until she hears my voice. She's been like that for 11 years now ;) She also growls and hisses at the mail-person!
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>

Laverna Lovett~

hahaha don't dogs usually do that?
well, actually, cats can be like that too. when my cat was younger he used to chase the neighbor's beagle and attack it, instead of the other way around....

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

Quote from: Ampère on April 12, 2008, 09:13:55 PM
Quote from: Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth on April 12, 2008, 07:55:17 PM

my black cat is very much like that. have you ever seen a child being held by a family member and when the mother comes by they nearly jump for her arms out stretched? my cat does that. with his poor little paws stretched as far as they'll go. they almost look like little chubby toddler hands :P

No you are mistaken, I am the Gatekeeper  ;D
In al seriousness after a near death experience with a dog I brought my red tabby to safety and she's been clinging to me in a most disturbingly manner ever since :P for instance, she will not eat nor drink or even come out of her spot in a strange place until she hears my voice. She's been like that for 11 years now ;) She also growls and hisses at the mail-person!

Silvia Lovett

Otto Von Pifka

well, if we are going to talk "mutant kitties"....

growing up my best friends mom always had strays hanging around, and one of the more inbred cats was all white with one gold eye and one blue one, two different sizes.
he had six toes on the front feet, the sixth ones had no bones in them. they just hung there, a blob of meat with a claw sticking out of it.
he also had no two legs the same length. made for a strange walk indeed.

the cat loved to be thrown, we would sit on the front steps of the house and throw him at a bush about ten feet away. you would pick him up sideways, holding the back legs in one  hand and the fronts in he other, and throw him like an inbounds pass in soccer.
he would flip through the air and crash into the bush, eventually tumbling out the bottom.
he would then run back over to us and stand on the stair sideways to us, waiting to be picked up and thrown again.
I think the technical term would be "tetched". he would rub up against anything or anyone, even the meanest dog on the block. confused the hell out of the dog.

one day he got hit by a car and laid there in the street and my buddy had to work up enough nerve to go out to the road to move the body. while he was trying to get himself to go do it, the cat got up and staggered away. the car bumper had knocked him out cold  and none of the other cars had squished him in any way.
one day he simply never came back. whether a fox got him or some other critter...I'd like to think someone found him and decided to give him a good home.

DonQuijote

a cat that likes being thrown around? excuse me please, i have to use the lavatory. *laught sound from the bathroom*
does clockwork dream of wind-up sheep?

Sean Patrick O-Byrne

Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com

Doctor Trakov

cat cruelty of epic proportions?
Reminds me of that post in the steam london RPG.

Hyren von Henry

actually its how you stop them from choking.

hence "to swing a cat"
Est. 1990

Laverna Lovett~

you can stop a cat from choking by swinging it around? that sounds like something someone made up as an excuse when people asked them why they were severely abusing their cats....