News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

your other (husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend) steampunk too?

Started by Silvia Lovett, April 11, 2008, 01:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanvi_Sunil

Quote from: Silvia Lovett on May 07, 2008, 01:18:24 AM
my boyfriend is...preppyish....
laverna how would you describe Kyle?

Wow a Preppy guy dating a Gypsy-ish Steamer...named Kyle. That's a bit freaky chika.

Mine is pretty Preppy and his last name is Kyle (dun dun duuuuuunnnn)
"I'm a boy, I SWEAR!"
-Raj Sunil

"Bread and Water can so easily be Toast and Tea..."
-Unknown

Tanvi_Sunil

Quote from: Unkillable cat on May 07, 2008, 01:17:20 AM
Im one of the lucky ones who's significant other is also steampunk and is even a member here on the boards. Certainly saves me the effort of explaining my fixation with antique arms, and brass objects of the practical variety (as in not those silly brass horses etc that seem to fill every charity shop, antiques store, and traditional pub)

That is true! I spend a lot of time explaining things LOL!
"I'm a boy, I SWEAR!"
-Raj Sunil

-Unknown

Tanvi_Sunil

Quote from: Laverna Lovett~ on May 06, 2008, 09:44:03 PM
haha that's a very odd mix...gypsy and jock-ish...yet the really odd mixes are always the best ones ^_^

It is, but it works somehow. This pretty much explains it all"

Spoiler: ShowHide

PS: Thank you Unkillable for the Spoiler tip!
"I'm a boy, I SWEAR!"
-Raj Sunil

-Unknown

Unkillable cat

Quote from: Tanvi_Sunil on May 07, 2008, 07:33:12 AM
haha that's a very odd mix...gypsy and jock-ish...yet the really odd mixes are always the best ones ^_^

PS: how do you guys do hat cool "spoiler" thing??
The quickest way to do it is to use the spoiler button its the one just infront of the list one under the black A, just highlight the text you want to put in a spoiler and push the button. If you press the quote button for this post you will see how it works on your photo (which is quite beautiful I must say)

Mrs. Sullivan

Tanvi_Sunil, you are a very beautiful lady!  That is a lovely pic of you with your significant other - the two of you look very happy together! ;)
I\\\'m in Darkshines\\\' Sewing Swap!

Silvia Lovett

OMG! you to are soooo cute
heres me and kyle:
Broken hearts change the mind, notice that they'er killing mine.

Tanvi_Sunil

Quote from: Unkillable cat on May 07, 2008, 10:25:27 AM

The quickest way to do it is to use the spoiler button its the one just infront of the list one under the black A, just highlight the text you want to put in a spoiler and push the button. If you press the quote button for this post you will see how it works on your photo (which is quite beautiful I must say)

Thank you I will try that next time I post a pic!
And thank you for the compliment ::Blush::
"I'm a boy, I SWEAR!"
-Raj Sunil

-Unknown

Tanvi_Sunil

Quote from: Mrs. Sullivan on May 07, 2008, 05:40:11 PM
Tanvi_Sunil, you are a very beautiful lady!  That is a lovely pic of you with your significant other - the two of you look very happy together! ;)

Aww thank you Mrs. Sullivan, I am pretty darn happy! He really didn't want to be in the picture, but I HAD to get him in one. I was dressed like that when he met me-I think it shows off our differences very well! Hahah!
"I'm a boy, I SWEAR!"
-Raj Sunil

-Unknown

Tanvi_Sunil

Quote from: Silvia Lovett on May 07, 2008, 10:42:29 PM

OMG! you to are soooo cute
heres me and kyle:

Omg how sweet are you two! You guys look super happy too.
"I'm a boy, I SWEAR!"
-Raj Sunil

-Unknown

Albrecht

I may have posted this image before on here, but that's my wife and me:

(my hair is short and spiky now, though)

Capt_Zaphod

My wife does like the all the hardwood decoration, and furniture, but...just doesn't get the rest of it. 

Fortunately for me, she new that I was only slightly saner then an emu on acid; when she married me.

Silvia Lovett

Broken hearts change the mind, notice that they'er killing mine.

Johnny Payphone

Steampunk life in the living world:
http://www.johnnypayphone.net/blog.php

Laverna Lovett~

oh yes Mr. Albrecht, that is a nice picture. I love your wife's robe, too.

and as for Mr. Johnny Payphone, that's also an awesome pic. I'm guessing that's you and your lover? not many couples can pull that kind of thing off, but you two manage it well.

lilibat

He's an old punk turned rivet goth who happily wears steamstyle whenever I do.

Capt. Michael Bedlam

My girlfriend is indeed a steampunk.  You may know her as the Baroness Augustina Brock.  Not only do we both post on the forum, dress steampunk, and have dreams of commandeering the Good Year blimp (long story), but we also both like the same SP sub genre.  Good times...
Carpe Deim

Gwendolyn

My boyfriend is not particularly into steampunk, but he's got no problem with it, either. He's more into medieval stuff, which is fine because I like that as well, and his cloaks are comfy. ^_Q

CapnHarlock

I would probably enjoy even a non-Steampunk Other, at this point :)
Jeremiah Cornelius Harlock
At Your Service

"It's so hard to know if you're bound for a fall,
But better to have tripped than never danced at all."
"Dancing Under The Rose" - The Albion Band.

Alisma

Mr. Right is more of a closet steampunk :D He likes Jules Verne, HG Wells and is currently reading through my complete Sherlock Holmes collection (mostly in the annotated one-volume edition = a 3kg book). Also, he does LARP of the medieval/fantasy kind and he is ok with the fact that I have more tools and hardware than he does (although we sometimes argue over what he calls "rusty things" ("I'll just take the junk downstairs." "Nooooooo!")).  ;D So there's definately hope I'd say.

Hepzibah Falkenheim

My husband is very much a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, which is a tragedy as he looks fantastically dashing in a suit.
""When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

-- C. S. Lewis, 1966"

Prof Eumides Blakehurst

My Beloved is not a steampunk, but is rather astonishingly comfortable with what I get up to. Given that he's a doctor he seems quite OK with the dangerous sports, to collections of odd creatures in jars and tanks and so on. Plus he has lots of experience with my historical reinactments - particularly if it gets him lots of historical food and music.  :D

I think that he thinks steampunk is relatively "safe" compared to what else I get up to, and he knows that I've had real Uni training in high voltage, chemicals and lasers.

I think my Mum is more into it all - she is an archaeologist and kilt wearing maniac. Much more her style!
There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.

Lt. Lily Shaw

*kicks thread into life*

ello!

the captain and I are both "steampunks", although my interest is more in the historical fashions and living, and his is more in the driving of the steam tractors and poncing around in antique glasses. but I cringe whenever I hear the word steampunk, and often wind up in petty elitist arguments over what is and is not steampunk, so i've taken to calling myself a creative anachronist, and I'm leaving it at that.

(we also have semi-formed plans to recreate a semi-victorian lifestyle in a cottage we've been looking at, complete with old cooking/farming equipment and back-busting manual labour! hooray! on the upside, we are both mostly vegetarians, so that means we don't have to delegate the task of slaughtering pigs/chickens/geese/rabbits)

indifferentengine

Lady Felis

Although for reasons I can't understand you don't share my desire to spend weekends under canvas pretending to be a Saxon.

You're weird, but you're my weird mad scientist :)

*locks the lab door and wonders off*

Lady Felis
"We'll murder them all amid laughter and merriment.
Except for the few we take home to experiment."

Mlle A. Aurantia

My captor is the one who introduced me to Steampunk. There was really no "shift," per se, because in our own ways we already were. This just gave me the name. I was Punkergoth with 19th century leanings, and he. . . well, his entire family are tinkering-mad-scientist-hippies. They're proudly descended from some great pirate, and a couple of them act just like Captain Jack Sparrow. He adds the aesthetic to his pre-existing Goth and Tinker, and winds up crawling amongst engines and wires dressed in dust and T-shirts. I shudder to think what will happen when I finally manage to fit a dress shirt to him. He's not on this forum, though I keep trying to convince him. He's too busy. One of these days, though, Mr. Veneficus Heterocephalus (Spell-casting Naked Mole Rat) will be enticed to the online realm.

I don't have many friends who admit to Steampunkishness, but my French Lit Prof is THERE, whether he admits it or not.