News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

your other (husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend) steampunk too?

Started by Silvia Lovett, April 11, 2008, 01:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie

My gent is interested in SP, his own pocket-watch, hat and cane(?), but rarely bothers dressing up, and preffers staying behind his own camera.
What a crazy random happen-stance!

Dr Fidelius

My lovely and long-suffering wife is as mundane as potroast.

Oddly enough, our older daughter is a RennFaire geek, and our younger daughter is a cosplayer.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.

Dr. Z

My love is steampunk...sort of.  He finds it interesting and exciting but is not into the dressing up nearly as much as I am.  I told him he needs at least three outfits for Steamcon and he looked at me with the NO look.  I think he also gets tired of the "look at the cool steampunk (fill in the blank) that I found today". 

leeps

My husband finds steampunk mildly amusing, and he does not object to me dressing him up from time to time. But I do think he gets irritated if I ramble on too terribly much about all things steampunk. The man has his limitations.
Edward Fairfax Rochester Fan Club
("What the deuce is to do now?")

Sk1n

My girlfriend isn't a steampunk, but I will one up everyone and go as far as to say I'm not even a steampunk.

Salem

He's interested but not at all involved. He'll read my issues of Steampunk magazine and likes little bits I buy for him but I couldn't ever see him dressing up unfortunately. :(
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

SteamBlast Mary

"Re: your other (husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend) steampunk too?"

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

neon_suntan

Ms Neon_suntan isn't Steampunk in the slightest, but I'm trying to find some way to persuade her to come to the London Steampunk Party....

Of course if there was a fantasy/cosplay genre based around 80's Glam Metal Bands then she'd be really into it...  ::)

Miss Kins

Nup, my other isn't really, though he has no issue with my tastes nor thinks its 'weird' or whatever.  He falls more into a more Metaller-Geek than anything.
''Sure, it's all fun and games until the tentacled lizard-spider that was your crotch tells you that everything is made of Tuesday because only the sky can cook happiness.''

randomjedi_1138

Mrs Jedi isn't completely steampunked yet, although our gothic 'history' has left her with a large collection of corsets and flouncy skirts and so I'm slowly sneaking accessories, jewellry etc. into her wardrob eto allow her to 'steamify' her oufits when required  ;)
"Why Ambassador, with these lime and orange tic-tacs you are really spoiling us!"
Baron Redmond Asmodeus Maycock - Ship's Ambassadoer, HMAS Discombobulus
Freelance Investigator of the Eldritch, Otherworldly and Unusual / *Purveyor of fine Teas*