News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

What kind of pirate or non-pirate are you?

Started by Albrecht, May 17, 2008, 09:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Von Hellbent

Quote from: Warwolt on May 27, 2008, 07:16:50 PM
I understood that too, I just don't like the way it was put out. If anything for the sake of SP, it´d be bad if we looked like a heap of people liking to dress up in 1800-clothes and belive we are brittish people during thte victorian era...

Wait, you mean I'm not?

Kill joy!

:P
Come! Let us endeavor to climb to the top of the pavilion's roof and sling decapitated chickens at the gods with blasphemous laughter and lustful song!

vermillion

people like you make babies cry.

get over it.
everyone else knew the context of the question...people like you have to come along and be a grubby little nit pickers.....

=sigh= ....shame, do we need everything to be LITERALLY spelled out or LITERALLY said?
especially in the textual board... so dangerously close to the portrayal board

Nikola Tesla

More the mad scientist type than the pirate type here, I'd say, though I'd be open to blending.
"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.

Dr. Zedrich Heretic

I'm a Madcap eccentric with a strange fascination with the occult.  A man of science and a man of faith.  I believe and fight for what is right, even if it means going up against the powers that be.

I am often seen as a harmless odd young man, but if crossed people find there is a vicious intelligence behind my eyes, backed by a vengeful will.  I am the left hand of Justice and the right hand of retribution.  Those who harm the innocent beware my wrath.
"Tomorrow will take us away, far from home, no one will ever know our names.

But the bard songs will remain..."

IvanDrugostrov

I'm a steampunk Viking... or THE steampunk viking, it seems... it seems an unexplored path her.
Basically, it excuses my crude and vulgar nature without having to be evil per se.
Support your local struggling author!
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Albrecht

Quote from: IvanDrugostrov on May 29, 2008, 07:36:27 AM
I'm a steampunk Viking... or THE steampunk viking, it seems... it seems an unexplored path her.
Basically, it excuses my crude and vulgar nature without having to be evil per se.

I object the notion of Vikings being crude and vulgar! >:(
They were just portraied like this by christian sources because they were "evil" heathens.
Please excuse my outburst, you just triggered a pet peeve.

Capt. Michael Bedlam

I prefer gentleman adventurer.  However, I do need money, and if theres a job to do, and that job is piracy, then you won't catch me complaining.
Carpe Deim

Baron Montgomery Moneybag

Uncivilised brutes!

Piracy! Bah! That is no route for a man to take! Oh no, that is for cowards and fools! Real men indulge themselves within industry and revel in the sound of the machine! Profit margins are all a man should hold dear for that is all he has! His wealth! Money money money! As CEO of Steamwork Industry I condemn all piracy!

Even when they're working for the Company!

IvanDrugostrov

Quote from: Albrecht on May 29, 2008, 07:56:40 AM

They were just portraied like this by christian sources because they were "evil" heathens.

Well, it depends on your definition of vulgar. Vikings were very outspoken, as am I. I try not to hurt or offend people, but I don't like taboos and prudeness. Vulgar denotes this kind of honesty.
By crude, I mean they were somewhat makeshift in their appearance. A little DIY, one might say. A lot of individual style and temporary solutions. Whatever worked for the wearer.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Albrecht

Quote from: IvanDrugostrov on May 29, 2008, 07:39:25 PM

Well, it depends on your definition of vulgar. Vikings were very outspoken, as am I. I try not to hurt or offend people, but I don't like taboos and prudeness. Vulgar denotes this kind of honesty.
By crude, I mean they were somewhat makeshift in their appearance. A little DIY, one might say. A lot of individual style and temporary solutions. Whatever worked for the wearer.

:D That's alright then.

IvanDrugostrov

Quote from: Albrecht on May 29, 2008, 07:52:50 PM
Quote from: IvanDrugostrov on May 29, 2008, 07:39:25 PM

:D That's alright then.

An Arabian historian who visited and lived with them described them as "God's most dirty creatures". HOWEVER, he did compliment them on their fine long hair which they, according to him, spent significant time grooming each day.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Hephaestus Kinnach

Hephaestus Kinnach
First mate, navigator, brawler

theMadTinker

I'm not a pirate, but I'll talk like one for no good reason (although talking like a pirate is reason enough in itself, at least in my opinion).  I would more class myself as a tinker (what a surprise) with grand aspirations, and a writer who would like the concept of getting payed by the word a lot more if only someone would pay him for his words.
It's not a skirt, it's a kilt; and ye ken why it's called a kilt?  Because I kilt everyone who called it a skirt.

You won't get far trying to argue semantics with an English major.

The Urban Phantasy Blog

SteamBlast Mary

Quote from: Hephaestus Kinnach on May 29, 2008, 10:23:34 PM
>An Arabian historian who visited and lived with them described them as "God's most dirty creatures". HOWEVER, he did compliment them on their fine long hair which they, according to him, spent significant time grooming each day

Was that in "Eaters of the Dead?"

"The 13th Warrior" springs to mind.
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

TristanRenn

Quote from: SteamBlast_Mary on May 30, 2008, 11:49:48 AM
Quote from: Hephaestus Kinnach on May 29, 2008, 10:23:34 PM
>An Arabian historian who visited and lived with them described them as "God's most dirty creatures". HOWEVER, he did compliment them on their fine long hair which they, according to him, spent significant time grooming each day

Was that in "Eaters of the Dead?"

"The 13th Warrior" springs to mind.

The 13th Warrior was based on "Eaters of the Dead" by Michael Crichton, which was then sold for a few years with the movie's title.  :)

Tinkerboy

I'm a lonely pirate.

Only me and my best friend, Sara The Monkey. Well, Sara is a male, but he insisted. I have a little hot-air balloon which I call The Dead Air Kraken. I'm a musician too, and normally I'm drunk 99.9% percent of my life. But! My biggest mission is to cut up evil zeppeliners in the name of freedom.

Oh! I almost forgot the most important thing: I have a woman in every air harbor.

Cheers.
ok, here we go. i didnt knew a tinkergirl before i chose my usename. true story.

LibelAndSlander

My signature says it... I am a lady sky pirate, and a devoted citizen of the Empire of America. It just so happens that the two things work quite well together.
I have a substantial crew, with a great mad scientist at my side and a following of ladies who like to dress in girls clothes. (good thing they have skills, all I'm good at is leadership, learning and shooting...)

I may have a letter of marque, but "pirate" is still just fine.
Captain C.B. Quinn, of the Airship Eudora.
PRIVATEER IN ACCORDANCE WITH DECREE BY HIS MAJESTY EMPEROR NORTON I.

fciron

I deny all charges of piracy.

As evidence I offer this portrait of myself with some ladies of impeccable repute.

And this picture of my preferred mode of transportation, The Golden Behind.

It is named after Sir Francis Drake's ship, another fellow who was certainly not a pirate. It would also appear that I need to trim my jib.
Unless surgically removed my tongue will remain planted firmly in my cheek at all times.

SteamBlast Mary

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

Tinkerboy

Quote from: fciron on June 03, 2008, 11:42:13 AM

It is named after Sir Francis Drake's ship, another fellow who was certainly not a pirate. It would also appear that I need to trim my jib.

Hey! You took my front tires, idiot!
ok, here we go. i didnt knew a tinkergirl before i chose my usename. true story.

Mr. X

I, Gideon Alexander Durden, am a discoverer of ancient wonders and adventure. I may or not come to positions where I must work with, or act as, a pirate. I am not a pirate on regular occasion, however.
Mr. X

Hester

I'm a flapperish party-girl kind of pirate, winging my way through space & time.  I'm a bit of a magpie, and I'll "borrow" anything/anyone that's pretty/shiny and isn't tied down, from a silk scarf to an airship, from a charm bracelet to a solid brass submarine, from a bottle of Pimm's to an undersea city, from a secret agent to a surfer boy.
"Ta, darling!  I'll bring it back when I'm finished with it!
(If I'm not too drunk to remember where I got it.)

fciron

Quote from: Tinkerboy on June 03, 2008, 06:01:29 PM

Are you sure they were yours?

I didn't see your name on them.
Unless surgically removed my tongue will remain planted firmly in my cheek at all times.

Albrecht

Quote from: fciron on June 04, 2008, 08:01:37 PM

And those are my grannies teeth!

fciron

Quote from: Albrecht on June 04, 2008, 08:18:15 PM
Quote from: fciron on June 04, 2008, 08:01:37 PM

And those are my grannies teeth!

She had nothing good to say about those teeth. I thought I was helping. I couldn't really understand what she was yelling as I left. (She didn't have her teeth in.) I just assumed that she was celebrating the removal of her horrid falsies.

I just try to help people and all I get is grief.