News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Murdoch Mysteries

Started by R G Stephenson, June 02, 2008, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockula

Quote from: Mr Addams on February 22, 2012, 07:19:04 AM
Series 5 Trailer on the Alibi Website

Alibi also now have the Curse of the lost pharaohs, episodes 1 - 12 online HERE

And after a bit of a search, I found the (So far,) missing 13th episode HERE

Thank you, Sir. The Canadian site took down those videos before I had a chance to watch them so this is most helpful.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Mr Addams

Quote from: Rockula on February 22, 2012, 11:54:26 AM
Quote from: Mr Addams on February 22, 2012, 07:19:04 AM
Series 5 Trailer on the Alibi Website

Alibi also now have the Curse of the lost pharaohs, episodes 1 - 12 online HERE

And after a bit of a search, I found the (So far,) missing 13th episode HERE

Thank you, Sir. The Canadian site took down those videos before I had a chance to watch them so this is most helpful.

I had the same problem, which is why it was a plesant surprise to find them on the Alibi website. I have yet to get a chance to sit down and watch them through though.

Rockula

Quote from: Mr Addams on February 22, 2012, 09:29:30 PM

I had the same problem, which is why it was a plesant surprise to find them on the Alibi website. I have yet to get a chance to sit down and watch them through though.
[/quote]

We can always hope that they have the foresight to include them as 'extras' on the DVD at some later date. :)

Rockula

Well, I very much enjoyed Episode #1 of Season #5 and can detect no drop in quality.

Although I did guess who the mystery guest 'sidekick' was before the end. :)

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Yes enjoyed it, and yes guessed the sidekicks identity. Murdoch does tend to rack up his literary acquaintances, not including Constable Crabtree.
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

Banfili

Not shown/showing down under, alas!

Captain Braid

Had to resurrect this as I only caught up with the Season 5 Finale last night. All I can say was At Last.
Must be the Steampunk influence but Helene Joy does look excellent in Victorian clothing.
I'm very glad that CBS have picked up the series as I've got my father addicted to both the series and the books.

Quote from: Argus Fairbrass on January 19, 2012, 07:14:06 PM
I've never seen Yanik Bisson in anything else. I might have to try and track down this "Nothing too Good for a Cowboy" malarkey.

Yannik Bisson has appeared in a number of TV series both as Lead and supporting actor.  Look up Sue Thomas F.B.EYE.
In the recently aired on UK Alibi "1-800-Missing "he appeared as a very minor character and piqued my wife's interest by appearing Sans Shirt. The man has an impressive six-pack and abs.
Experienced enough to know my limitations,
Old enough to know better,
Relaxed enough not to care.

Rockula

Rockula

In case you missed it Season 6 actually started on Alibi LAST night.
But it is repeated.

Erm...right NOW actually. :)

Countessa Lenora

Wait until you get to the episode about the Naturists' Community. It's fantastic!
Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk

Rockula

For those who didn't see the 'webisodes' here is the complete 'The Curse of the Lost Pharaohs'...

Murdoch Mysteries - The Curse of the Lost Pharaohs (Complete Series)

...and Murdoch does a 'Life On Mars' in 'The Murdoch Effect'.

Murdoch Mysteries - The Murdoch Effect (Complete Series)

Michael Farley

I'm pleased to say Yannick Bisson (@yannick_bisson) has just tweeted the following good news:

"Well it's official y'all, MM season 7 is a go with 18 episodes Woo hoo!"

Blackbead

Die frau and I have watched all of them that reside on Netflix and I'm hoping that they add some of the other seasons.  Delighted to see on IMDB that they are still producing them!
Blackbead
Poet, Steam Attacker Mechanic, Chemist
United World Flying Corps

JLM1883

I've just started watching Murdoch Mysteries (finished season 3 today) and absolutely love it! I prefer the TV series over the Telefilms, they were a bit too heavy in tone for my personal taste. I love how they skirt the line between period crime drama and steampunk.

Rockula

Quote from: JLM1883 on November 30, 2013, 09:33:15 AM
I've just started watching Murdoch Mysteries (finished season 3 today) and absolutely love it! I prefer the TV series over the Telefilms, they were a bit too heavy in tone for my personal taste. I love how they skirt the line between period crime drama and steampunk.

And Season 7 (which started in September in Canada and premieres in January in the U.K.) has been extended from the usual 13 episodes to 18.

And it's been picked up to air in the U.S.A.

''Detective Murdoch is going stateside. Shaftesbury and ITV Studios Global Entertainment announced (October 9th 2013) that the TV series Murdoch Mysteries has been picked up by the Ovation network in the U.S., where it will air as The Artful Detective.

Ovation has already started airing Season 1 of the show on Saturday nights.''

JLM1883

Quote from: Rockula on November 30, 2013, 10:21:36 AM
Quote from: JLM1883 on November 30, 2013, 09:33:15 AM

And Season 7 (which started in September in Canada and premieres in January in the U.K.) has been extended from the usual 13 episodes to 18.

And it's been picked up to air in the U.S.A.

''Detective Murdoch is going stateside. Shaftesbury and ITV Studios Global Entertainment announced (October 9th 2013) that the TV series Murdoch Mysteries has been picked up by the Ovation network in the U.S., where it will air as The Artful Detective.

Ovation has already started airing Season 1 of the show on Saturday nights.''

That's great! Though I've never heard of that network before, and what's up with that terrible renaming?  :-\

Rockula

Quote from: JLM1883 on November 30, 2013, 10:29:22 AM
That's great! Though I've never heard of that network before, and what's up with that terrible renaming?  :-\

Don't know why they've given it that awful title but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovation_(U.S._TV_channel)

Banfili

Like some station over here to pick it up.

JLM1883

Quote from: Rockula on November 30, 2013, 10:52:42 AM
Quote from: JLM1883 on November 30, 2013, 10:29:22 AM
That's great! Though I've never heard of that network before, and what's up with that terrible renaming?  :-\

Don't know why they've given it that awful title but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovation_(U.S._TV_channel)

I wish it was syndicated on PBS. Can't complain too much though, I've found up to season 6 via my public library.

Rockula

For those of us still watching this...

Season 8 confirmed. :)

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Excellent! Last weeks was a very steampunk episode, mole machines, subterranean worlds etc.
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

Rockula

Quote from: Mr Peter Harrow, Esq on April 13, 2014, 05:41:05 PM
Excellent! Last weeks was a very steampunk episode, mole machines, subterranean worlds etc.

Yes. A very good episode.

With the 18 episodes of the current Season 7 there are 96 in total.
Season 8 will be another 18 bringing it to 114 (or 117 if you count the original 3 TV movies).

And I've yet to see a bad episode.

Still my favourite.  ;D

JLM1883

So I've finally finished season 6, had to wait far too long to get the first half of it from my library. Probably due to the nudist colony episode, which I wasn't a fan of despite it's funny moments.

Rockula

Season 8 premiere in the U.K. is on the Alibi Channel tomorrow (26th January).

And for those interested. Since July 2014 the Drama Channel have been repeating every episode from the very beginning on Sunday evenings and the next episode is the last episode of Season 2 tonight.

Angus A Fitziron

Thanks Rockula - we don't have Alibi as I hate anything Murdoch and we don't have fibre... DVB (Freesat) is also too weak where we live on channel 61 which is where they broadcast Drama! Box sets it is then!
Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"