News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Aural-Ocular / Re: The Fourth Doctor Who Thre...
Last post by Rockula - May 12, 2024, 03:58:28 PM
I watched them. I enjoyed them. I'm not 'precious' about a TV show.
Last post by Sorontar - May 12, 2024, 12:03:05 PM
He is a very huggy doctor. I have only seen up to the Space Babies episode so far, but it seems like they feel the need to explain all of the back story again to a new audience, rather than doing when it actually is important. Previous doctors were well known for not sharing all the details, like not naming Gallifray or that they were time lords. They tended to claim that "I'm not anyone important, don't worry about me".
Last post by SeVeNeVeS - May 12, 2024, 06:23:28 AM
I just found out that Disney is now involved and Russell now has a reported budget of 10 million per episode.

Every dollar/ pound wasted.

Kiss goodbye to a British tradition of 60 years with that destroying combination then.  ::)

How they have the gall to describe this as SCI-FI Drama is totally beyond me.
Last post by RJBowman - May 11, 2024, 11:16:39 PM
Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on May 11, 2024, 12:55:09 PMWTF has happened? Simply in one word crap!

Camp, extremely poor story lines and a musical dance fiasco thrown in.

I didn't care much for the Space Babies episode; it didn't care for the "Baby Geniuses" movies from the 90s either.

The music episode was better. I couldn't figure out if the villain actor was male of female; it turns out to be a drag performer, who would probably be pleased that I couldn't tell. I could take or leave the dance number at the end.
Tactile / Re: That 'big project' I've be...
Last post by James Harrison - May 11, 2024, 06:30:14 PM
It might not look like much, but progress is being made, with the painting. 

Over the last week the shorter wall has had three coats of cream paint and is about at the density of colour/ lack of streaks that I generally aim for.  The longer wall to the side has had two coats and still has some way to go. 

Then the green wall across the back needs painting, probably the three coats treatment again.  Once that is done I will, most likely, carry the colour on around the other two walls (even though those will mostly be tiled) and then we'll be back to the 'buy bits, store them and await the aligning of heavenly bodies' phase of things.   
Last post by SeVeNeVeS - May 11, 2024, 12:55:09 PM
WTF has happened? Simply in one word crap!

Camp, extremely poor story lines and a musical dance fiasco thrown in.

I've vioced a few opinions recently...... https://brassgoggles.net/forum/index.php/topic,54354.0.html

POOR ACTING, plots and content all camped up with unecessary gay overtones.

Waste of licence payers money, If russel t wishes to continue with his agenda then let some other twat pay him and please remove this debacle from our TV screens.

Worst series so far in the history of Dr Who! Absolutely terrible!
Off Topic / Re: Somewhere between Gaaaaah ...
Last post by Ceir - May 11, 2024, 03:18:29 AM
I finally found an art supply shop locally that has actual fountain pens, not just calligraphy stuff! Yay!
...the only brand they carry is Lamy, which I have seen dismal reviews of their QC for. Boo.
Tactile / Re: Victorian Boombox Mark IV
Last post by SeVeNeVeS - May 10, 2024, 12:46:18 PM
I can't help with design matters or Designers' Block.

I have suffered from a lack of enthusiasm and a block in making for a while.

This is a great project, don't give up mate, take your time and the creative juices will flow once again.
Metaphysical / Re: Instagram
Last post by chironex - May 10, 2024, 07:52:40 AM
My account is called "necromotive".
Metaphysical / Re: Instagram
Last post by CrazedFandango - May 10, 2024, 07:24:09 AM
I'm on there.  Same name but mainly music/guitar-related posts and follows.

Perhaps I should create a separate account for Steampunk.