News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

[Miniatures] A Toast to Major General Tremorden Rederring

Started by David Vivian Haraldson, August 19, 2023, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Vivian Haraldson

I would like to raise a glass to the greatly missed Major General Tremorden Redderring and his web pages dedicated to "Enjoyable Victorian-Era Warfare with Hobby Miniatures"--wherever he may be, now.

The pages are long gone but survive as an archive in the Wayback Machine. One may find a good, late version, here.

The web site not only had many delightful photographs of his group's tabletop Victorian simulations but also: an outline of their gaming philosophy, suggestions for rules to use, and many helpful guides to building tabletop scenery and conveyances for one's soldiers in "Little Wars." Perhaps, of particular interest to the Steampunks here will be the Major General's examples of Landships. For your delectation, I include two examples.
The HMLS Behemoth:

And El-Ahrairah, the Great Bronze Bunny of Ouargistan:

The Major General--in all his inventiveness, wit, and generosity--is perhaps the single greatest reason for my being here today.

My Lords, Ladies, and Gentlemen ... Steampunks and Steamfunketeers ... please raise your glasses and join me in making a toast.

To Major General Tremorden Rederring!

🥂

Yours sincerely,

Mr. David Vivian Haraldson

David Vivian Haraldson

Oh, good grief. I realize that this possibly should gone into Aural-Ocular ... but, I hope that, as the web site concerns how to make things, that the Gentle Moderators will excuse my posting the pages here.

Please accept my apologies, if I have blundered.
Yours sincerely,

Mr. David Vivian Haraldson

Hez

the War Bunny is Fantabuglorious.  (I'm sorry but existing words did not do it justice)

James Harrison

Fantastic!  (I remember this from at least a decade back, but I'd actually forgotten about it until now)...

Those riverboats are proper Mimi and Toutou Go Forth stuff. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.