News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

>The Smoking Room< The Lady's have a tearoom, so here's a Gentleman's Club

Started by Herr Döktor, April 30, 2009, 11:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albrecht

Quote from: Capt.St34m on May 07, 2009, 07:23:43 PM
I was with a a wench for a month and last week i took her to my quarters and we had some fun...then she said she wanted to marry me.  Then I threw her over board.

I think you misread the sign. This is not the barbaric brute club.

Mssr Delaney

Quote from: Araneas on May 07, 2009, 06:08:04 PM
*folds Necronomonist neatly, tucks in a few stray tentacles trying to escape the pages and hands it to Mssr Delaney*

There you are sir.

Ah! Thank you, good sir. *remembers to draw elder sigil* My goodness, the price of absinthe is low!
Owner, mate, cook ect. of Capt. Emptimind.

Capt.St34m

Quote from: Albrecht on May 07, 2009, 07:33:11 PM
Quote from: Capt.St34m on May 07, 2009, 07:23:43 PM
I was with a a wench for a month and last week i took her to my quarters and we had some fun...then she said she wanted to marry me.  Then I threw her over board.

I think you misread the sign. This is not the barbaric brute club.
Just telling a story

Titus Wells

Mssr Delaney, would you be so kind, sir, as to read us a tale from the Necronomist? I fear the Captain has been subjecting us to the Chainly Mail.
"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

Mssr Delaney

Ah... hm... Let's see... There appears to have been a sharp increase in nearly nude young ladies running about in the streets with political agendas... And it looks like the governments are considering the gold standard again. Any specific requests?

Titus Wells

The gold standard eh? Pity they're wasting their type over that. The brass standard is of much more value to me.
"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

Mssr Delaney

Indeed, indeed, but when was the last time governments gave a wit about what the people want?

Titus Wells

Too true my fine fellow.

Extracts Cthuluan cigar from silver holder and ignites with spark from flintlock pistol. The musket ball embeds itself in the portrait of the founder's left nostril.

Mssr Delaney

Sir! Do be careful, I recall that's the fourth portrait... and they keep moving his mustache farther and farther left...

Captain incongruity

Takes off hat looks at it a pokes finger right through the hole in the front turns it round and sees a matching hole in the back.....damn and blast....cant anyone use matches anymore

bizarre_chicken

Quote from: Titus Wells on May 07, 2009, 09:15:20 PM
Too true my fine fellow.

Extracts Cthuluan cigar from silver holder and ignites with spark from flintlock pistol. The musket ball embeds itself in the portrait of the founder's left nostril.

What in god's name is a Cthuluan cigar? Some kind of multi-pronged 5-dimensional smoking horror?

Click here for win. ---^

clockwork creation

I am a freak in control not a control freak

Titus Wells

I think they're a bit overrated. Mostly rolled tobacco in dried squid tentacles. They taste beastly and give off a foul black smog but are a good conversational piece.

bizarre_chicken

Quote from: Titus Wells on May 07, 2009, 10:25:53 PM
I think they're a bit overrated. Mostly rolled tobacco in dried squid tentacles. They taste beastly and give off a foul black smog but are a good conversational piece.

Oooh, black smog... be rather nice for a steel and iron pipe, wouldn't you think?

Click here for win. ---^

Mssr Delaney

Quote from: Titus Wells on May 07, 2009, 10:25:53 PM

They're also made exclusively by Deep Ones and are rather hard to come by,

Titus Wells

And therefore expensive, and therefore suitable for a gent's smoking apparatus.

Mssr Delaney

Precisely. Branching off that, where did you acquire such a rarity?

Titus Wells

Bought it from a blind airship captain who swears he got a crate full as a gift from a sultan for shooting down an air Kraken that was threatening their city.

Mssr Delaney

helios

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

Albrecht

I wonder if my valet could brew up some Ponape blend coffee, I know it's not tea but goes nice with the Cthuluan cigar.

Mechanic

Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.

Mssr Delaney

Albrecht

Mssr Delaney

Quote from: Albrecht on May 08, 2009, 07:51:23 PM
Quote from: Mssr Delaney on May 08, 2009, 05:31:07 PM
Quote from: Araneas on May 08, 2009, 03:52:50 PM
*drops in for a quick bite of lunch*

Are the luncheons here any good at all?

Is the cook still that fellow from Dunwich?

Dunwich? I was under the impression our cook was from Innsmouth. Maybe that's just because he makes a mean basket of fish and chips, though.