News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Extended Steam Salon

Started by The Abiliegh, June 04, 2009, 07:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWBailey

No Thank you, Mrs Cross, Is it? I have to flatfoot my way back as well. Funny, that girl looked like the description of the lady I'm tryin' to find... 'cept "Lenore" is a city girl, or so the beancounter told me... How much I owe you, Mrs. Cross?
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

The Abiliegh

"Don't worry about it. Stop by again and we'll call you even." She smiled. "Be safe."
Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!

MWBailey

Yourself as well, Ma'am, and thanks. Name's Brantley, by the way, Mrs. Cross. MW Brantley. Well, top o' the twilight to all of you, he said, and wrapped and tied his coat around him and stepped out into the rainy blast , shutting the door behind him. He walked on down the street, and stopped by a dumpster to light a wiry cigarillo. a wet screech to treh left and behind him was all the warning he got a black sedan pulled close to the curb, and the rear passenger cut loose with a shotgun, blowing everything around MW to shreds, but neve rtouching him. MW pulled the mauser, pulled teh safety back with his thumb, and fanned the hammer back, while simultaneously pressing the trigger. he got the shotgunner on teh first shot, and put two more shots into the sedan as it sped down the street, and disappeared into the night. MW holstered teh wepon, and went home to call the police.

"Damn Kafkas..."

It was 11:59 P.M. ...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

The Abiliegh

She looked around the bar, wondering at her ill luck. It wasn't often the place empied out at such a pace, escpecially at this time of night. Lost in thought for a few, she jumped a bit when she heard the back door open and shut. Noticing it was just the piano player and his gal, she waved them to start entertaining, poured herself a brandy, and lit herself a nail.
Abis do it for SCIENCE!

fireheart storm

Quote from: The Abiliegh on June 08, 2009, 05:30:58 PM
She smiled to the woman, and put the machine to work pouring an ale certain to liven her up. After that, she put in for another bourbon, letting it pour while delivering the ale.

"Enoy, love. It's certain to put a jump in your step."

"Heh, I do need a jump in my step" she said sipping it.  It's warmth through her body as she settled back on the bar stool, watching the exchanges in the bar, her mind still warming up.  As what seemed to be the piano player and his girl walked in, Ms. Storm asked Mrs. Cross "This place is interesting, gets colorful characters even for the city,"  She turned to look at the Piano player again.
"He got a name?"

Honeybell

The blond, Honey, stumbled back into the bar, crashing the doors in a banging fashion.  " I know, I KNOW..." she gasped before crumpling in a heap on the floor.

fireheart storm

Ms Storm turned when the door opened.  As soon as the girl crumpled to the floor she lept up, running over, gently turning her over. "Miss!" she checked her pulse, and checked for fever.  Maybe she was dehydrated?  A few thousand things ran through her head at once.

Honeybell

Honey slowly came around owing to Fire's careful minstrations... she whispered, [size=8 pt]"Lippy's gonna get me, it's over."[/size]  She slowly climbed onto a stool and whispered an order to the mechanical barkeeper.  He delivered the drink, while straining the ice through the spoon clucked at Honey's appearance.  Honey proceeded to down the absinthe in one gulp and ordered another.  Her body language said that she wanted to talk to someone, but her lips were sealed against the glass.

steampunkgrrrl

*running back in* "I....I was smoking....at the corner....and there were gunshots....and then this woman stumbled past me....is she alright?" Coming in, her cotton dress wet from the sprinkling rain outside. She never met her man.....she's given up on him. She has a look of shock and concern on her face, her black hair slightly tousled.

fireheart storm

Ms Storm jumped when the girl spoke, staggering up.  Then watched her down the first two.  Biting her lip she strode over putting her hand on Honey's wrist.  "No more," she said gently but firmly to Honey.  Then she looked at the bar keeper.  "Water for her please,"  She held onto Honey's wrist, looking up at the new comer.  "She's alright as far as her situation goes I think,"

Honeybell

Honey whispered, " Lippy's got it in for me now, he never meant for me to know."  As she whispered to no one in general, she ground her fist into the bar.  "I need to catch the next airship outta here." 
"Does anyone know when the next one leaves?" (and where do I get some cash?)  she pondered as she drowned herself in the next drink... hiding it somewhat from Firestorm.

steampunkgrrrl

The girl reaches into her purse, attempting to help. "I have the airship timetable in here somewhere....I can see when the next one leaves." She dumps the contents of her purse on the bar, revealing lipstick, mascara, and a derringer. She picks up a folded piece of newsprint and hands it to the blonde. "Here, take your pick."

fireheart storm

Ms Storm took a deep breath, counting to ten.  "Miss?  Stop drinking, and I'll help you with what ever you need.  The next commercial airships wont leave until the morning it looks like, not one that goes far at any rate,"  She took a deep breath, shifting so she could sit comfortably. "something tells me running hasn't helped though,"

Honeybell

While riffling through the ladie's newsprint, Honey smiled, tears wet on her face, put down the drink at Ms. Heart's insistance and pointed to the next merchant ship on the docket, "I'm going to have to take that one to get out with my skin. I think I know the captain, so I should be able to slip aboard.  I don't know how far of a reach Lippy has, but I'll bet he can't reach into the sky."

fireheart storm

Ms Storm frowned, looking at the time table, tapping the counter top with her fingers.  "not much time... Who is this Lippy?"  Lippy.. the name, she had heard the name, but being a jack of all trades kind of worker, she often ignored the higher ups talking. unless it pertained to monster hunting or the like.

The Abiliegh

She watched the women interact, thinking it was best to stay quiet for the moment. She wondered silently what Honey had done. It could be nothin, of course. It wasn't like the Lizard wasn't known for his temper, but it could have been big, too.

With a small sigh, she decided she needed to know. She didn't need any more of his attention on this place. She drew a cup of coffee from the machine, and placed it before Honey. "Dear, this is not time for hysterics. I need to know what you did, and I need to know now." Her voice was no-nonsense, and her gaze was level as she pulled on the cigarette and waited expectantly for a response.
Abis do it for SCIENCE!

Honeybell

"I know what Lippy is planning, and it's big."Honey whispered as she glanced around her to see who might be overhearing.  Ms. Cross, the only person she felt she could trust, leaned in to hear more, but Honey had clammed up.  It was all she could do to meet Ms. Cross' eyes.  "He's got plans for the whole town" she muttered as she clutched the aerostat postings to her breast.  "I have to go." she gasped as she stumbled off of the stool and tried to make her way to the door.

fireheart storm

Ms Storm reached out, snagging Honey's arm "Wait a damn minute!" she said, the color starting to drain from her face.  "I need to know, what's being planed?" she spoke at a low whispers, fear starting to press on her.

The Abiliegh

"Ladies, I need you all to follow me. Clark, mind the front. Clark, mind the front. If Mr. Gunn happens to stroll back in, you may send him back here as well." She stepped out from behind the bar and extended her arm towards a door leading to he back office.
Abis do it for SCIENCE!

Honeybell

"Ms. Heart, let's just say, it would be in your best interest to join me on the aerostat.  I can't say anymore... how do I know you are not in Lippy's pocket?"  Honey pondered her options drunkenly, and obviously her plans jumbled, one into anotheruntilsheknewheronly option was the airship... If only the detective were here... she might be tempted to spill it all... but as his accustomed chair was empty...she pushed past Ms. Heart and Ms. Cross, further twards the door.

The Abiliegh

Her patience was wearing thin. She took Honey by the wrist, and led her to the back office. "Ladies, you may join us if you would like. I pray you do not wish it, though. This isn't likely nice business."

Upon entering the back office, she set Honey on a chair, and let which ever ladies chose to follow inside before locking the door.

Standing in front of Honey, she put a hand on either armrest and leaned forward. "Now, you need to tell me exactly what you know. There will be nothing anyone can do to help you if you don't tell me now. You're safe in here." Without standing, Mrs Cross lifted her eyes to the other women in the room. "And I will know if either of you are out to snitch. Do not mistake that I will shoot you before you can get out of the room. Now. Honey, it's time to speak."

Abis do it for SCIENCE!

fireheart storm

Ms Storm set her self and followed Mrs cross with little hesitation.  She stood to the right and said when questioned about being a snitch.  "No ma'am, I wont talk to any one 'bout this but you and Miss Honey.  If it has to do with this city...this place is the closest I've had ot home in a while."

Honeybell

Honey fainted, her skirts splaying as she fell off of the stool.  Ms. Cross motioned to the other two ladies, as they attempted to pick her up from the floor.  She motioned to a further inner door that led to a small bedroom. "Best to put her in here until she's able to talk.  I think she might just need a rest."  
The ladies proceeded to drag Honey into the small room and with much effort proped her onto the bed. "If ANY of you speak of this to anyone else, I WILL know! Now, get out and let her be.  She'll talk eventually."
She led the women out of the room and back into the bar.  "Another round for everyone Clark" she muttered, trying to put her visage back to a semblance of normalicy.

*Too drunk to go on... please disreguard if this doesn't make sense*

The Abiliegh

Quote from: Honeybell on June 09, 2009, 03:55:03 AM
Honey fainted, her skirts splaying as she fell off of the stool[/size]

I would appreciate you not controlling me or the other characters, at least. That's about all thats really aplicable from the post. Perhaps we ought to continue this in the morning?
Abis do it for SCIENCE!

Sgt.Major Thistlewaite

Tommy wakes up in his office. Stretching and yawning, he pulls his pocketwatch from his waistcoat pocket.
8 AM. Hao Bao Chu will be there by now. He's slept in this suit for three days now, and really feels like getting some fresh clothes and a shower at Slugger's. As he starts a pot of coffee, he rubs his grizzled jaw...could use a shave, too. Without a woman in his life, T.E. has a tendency to go Bohemian, even as he realizes he needs to keep a professional appearance. Sighing, he puts a pan of water on the other burner of the hot plate alongside the coffee pot. The coffee pot starts percolating, and he sticks a finger in the pot of water...and rapidly snatches it out, shaking his hand violently. Yow. Hot enough to shave, for sure. Using a brush and a soap cake in a shaving mug, he works up a good lather and applies it to his craggy visage. He uses a straight razor, looking in a mirror tacked to the wall beside a pin-up calendar featuring "The Ladies of Steampunk-1948." A few deft strokes and his jaw is it's usual blue-grey steel color again.
Pouring a steaming cup of strong java, he gulps it down, feeling the caffeine rush as it makes his brain snap to attention. Okay, down to Hao Bao Chu's, get a fresh change of clothes, see if the little Chinaman is up for a workout. Then locate Bozo and pick up where he left off yesterday. Most days Bozo shows up at Slugger's around noon, so that part should be eas.....
ZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*BANG!*
He's got on a fresh suit, and he's standing over the prostrate form of Billy "Bozo" Collins, a smoking hole in Bozo's forehead, and Tommy's .45 in his hand, and .......
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*BANG!*
He's standing at the counter of Hao Bao Chu's Laundry, as Hao says, "Sorry, Tommy, can't do it today, got a big job I've got to......
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*BANG!*
He's standing on the Drake's Narrows Bridge, looking towards the shipyard, as something Tommy's never seen before rises into the sky...a gigantic pink and orange glowing cloud, like a huge mushroom, as freighters ride a froth of river water towards him, and cargo zepps tumble end over end through the sky..
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*BANG!*
...and he's back in his office, sloshing hot coffee onto his trembling hand......he checks his pocket watch ...8 AM.
Somehow he knows this has all got something to do with that guy popping into Mrs. Cross's place last night....time travel? Tommy doesn't know much about this kind of thing...but he'd bet his last sawbuck that he knows somebody who does. His plans have changed...he's headed back to Mrs. Cross's ...rumpled suit and all. Somehow, lingering like the fading remnants of a dream, he knows if he can't figure this out, everybody in this city's going to die.....
Yet well thy soul hath brooked the turning tide, with that innate, untaught philosophy,Which, be it wisdom, coldness, or deep pride, is gall and wormwood to an enemy.