News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The Rrose Sélavy Tea Room and Gin Parlour for not so distinguished ladies.....

Started by darkshines, July 20, 2009, 07:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Fisher

Quote from: Herr Döktor on May 30, 2011, 09:19:37 PM
I thought 'distinguised' meant that you were known for your ability to not be recognised...

Mabey it does-perhapsh i'm at fault for suggesting their should ever have been an H, 'err Doktor

Anna Katarina

Regarding the tea query, I've been on a bit of a chai kick (particularly by Stash Tea, but open to suggestions).  Otherwise, I, too, enjoy Lady Grey, but am hoping to get my hands on a good Russian Caravan so I can find out if I like it as much as I used to.

Mercury Wells

Good Evening Ladies.

Miss Octavia, re:- teas, have you considered Lapsang Souchong? it is an aquired taste what with having a smoky taste.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

MsKim

Good day, Ladies! Might I join you for a spot of tea? I'd love to step inside out of this dreadful heat! *dabs brown with hankie*
~Miss Amelia Featherstone~
Adventurer and Tinkerer
NW Indiana
"Why Kate, you're not wearing a bustle. How lewd." ~Doc Holliday, Tombstone

Stormcat

Miss Fianou Fayregood

Hello Ladies,
My am Miss Fi, I am quite new to these parts and I am wondering if this is a suitable place for a young lady to get acquainted with others of the appropriate social standing.
I am very partial to tea too. My favourite is Dilmah leaf tea,taken black in my pretty china teapot.
I worked some time as an apothecary's assistant and so can recommend some herbal tisanes for all sorts of simple ladies afflictions.
In the afternoon I take a blend of my darling dilmah with rose petals and lavender, lemon verbena and lemon myrtle. It is very lovely and while it is  a little reminiscent of pot pourri has a rather lovely way of both pecking me up, refreshing my senses, calming me down and making me feel very loving and cuddly.
Very pleased to make your acquaintance... please pass the macaroons?

psn1der

Macaroons?  When did those appear?  I would have stopped in sooner.

Here, have a little whiskey in your tea, Miss Fi.  *passes the flask over*

Miss Fianou Fayregood

WHISKEY! *feigns horror as though she has never before considered drinking whiskey with tea*
Oh I'm not sure I should....
well it wouldn't be proper....
but it is rather impolite to refuse....
I could perhaps just try a little....just to be polite of course.....
*cough* wow it is strong....it does make one feel very warm.... 
I could have a little more for medicinal purposes...
well thankyoush for the wish key....
itsh very niche...
Have another macsharoon?....
finger sandwich dear friends....?
*Fi passes out under table*

psn1der

Miss Fi looks so angelic when she's snockered.

*covers up Miss Fi with a blanket*

Miss Fianou Fayregood

....mmmmmmmmmmm
My head hurts.... who's blanket is this?
I...think... I ... need a .....cup of tea.
Oh and I could murder a bloomin' finger sandwich.
Whiskey and tea?
Never again!

jarmara

Here Dear Have a cup cammomile and feverfew tea that will soon sort your head out;)
"If you are cold,Tea will warm you.
If you are too heated,It will cool you.
If you are depressed,It will cheer you.
If you are excited,It will calm you." Gladstone.