News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Rrose Sélavy Tea Room and Gin Parlour for not so distinguished ladies.....

Started by darkshines, July 20, 2009, 07:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkshines

It seems the Princess Seraphina Tea Room sadly burnt to the ground one night while we were...uh....entertaining the gents in the Smoking Room. Its ok, I had Herbert Gribble come in and design us a new one. I hope you like it :)
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Violet Rose

I love it ... so light and airy!

Not quite sure about the urinal but it may come in handy if any of the gentlemen pay a visit.
I'm in Darkshines sewing swap!

Declaring war on mediocrity and a pox on the foot soldiers of stupidity

Violet Rose

I'm in Darkshines sewing swap!

Declaring war on mediocrity and a pox on the foot soldiers of stupidity

clockwork creation

what a lovely place... im not to sure about the bath tub on the ceiling though
I am a freak in control not a control freak

S.Sprocket

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah

Athena

Why not? We tolerated them in the old one....*bathtub on the ceiling?*

*taking a seat* I think I'll have some tea and a few cucumber sandwiches. Do we still have the tunnel to The Smoking Room?

vela

If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)

Athena

Ah, good. I would hate to think that we had deprived the gentlemen of such good company. *taking a bite of my sandwich*

Now, has anyone here ever made their own corset before? I'm going to attempt it for a ball I'm attending.

vela

Wow, ambitious!  I'm sure it will turn out wonderfully. (Your corset)

-vela
If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov

Athena

I hope so. I know what I want to do with it. Instead of having the laces on the back, I want to do them at the sides and have hooks at the back. I'm thinking a deep red for the corset, either that or a deep purple. The laces will most likely be satin ribbon. Or, I might do a black corset and offset it with red ribbons on the sides. Providing, of course, that I can make the thing.*hrm*

vela

Cogs, either way, it sounds beautiful.

I love the hooks at the back, and the laces on the sides idea.

And I like the colour selections too.  A friend of mine has a "corset" top from VANITY.  It is purple and black.  It is absolutely lovely.

I think yours would look fantastic in a deep purple with black "ribs" and red laces. 

Will the ribbons/laces be decorative, or functional?

-vela
                -Ivan Drugostrov

Athena

They will be functional...instead of just using regular laces (the ones I saw this weekend had shoelaces on them), I want to use the ribbon.

Now, the skirt it's going to go with. My friend said it should be a fishtail skirt because it would make me streamlined (I wanted to tell her I was not a Zeppelin!!!!), and then it would have that extra at the back. I don't want to use a bustle, but at the front it will be "open" and reveal a series of ruffles underneath. Now, if I did the corset in purple, I would want to do the ruffles in purple.

Also, the "flaps" on the front of the skirt will be held back by buckles (I had to go all over Mobile to find the belt buckles that I wanted). And the top will be a high-collar shirt. The sleeves will stop at my elbows and instead of a button at the very top another buckle will hold it closed at my throat. I'm going to make a regular shirt out of that pattern tomorrow and see how it fits, etc., then I'll decide from there what I'm going to do with it. I'm going to be wearing arm warmers as well, probably with a stripe pattern. Unless it's ungodly hot in there, in which case I won't be wearing them for long. ^_^

That's the plan anyway. *sigh*

Delirium Datura

Athena,
Don't know if the impetus is there... but have you seen the 'skin' corsets?  I had one done for a 'function'.  They are painful, and don't last...but they are sooooo HOT!

*Primly adjusts skirts and begins to sip tea. 8)
More people should be like us, and less people should be like most people.

vela

Athena, if you do the corset in purple, yes definitely, do the skirt ruffles in purple.

Your outfit sounds perfect.  I love the top/shirt ending at the elbows. 

I'm having a terrible time finding buckles.  Can't find the shape/sizes I need.  Either they are huge, or they are plastic (Like the ones for dog collars and life-vests. Okay shape/concept, but not very SP.
There are some magnetic ones I absolutely adore. They are about $5 each.  A little pricey, but worth it.

Miss Delirium Datura: tell me about the "skin" corsets.

-vela
                -Ivan Drugostrov

Athena

vela : There's a clothing store here that's called Hancock's. They were the only ones that had buckles, and, incidentally, the only ones that had the ribbing for corsets.

Delirium : Yes, do tell....*sipping tea*

Delirium Datura

Ms. Vela,
They're kind of a 'fetish' thing... rings are pierced in intervals on your back, sides , or both... then the rings are laced corset fashion with ribbon.  THEY ARE HOT -- but yes, painful and temporary, your skin rejects the rings because they are on a flat skin surface

Athena

Quote from: Delirium Datura on July 21, 2009, 12:18:27 AM
Ms. Vela,
They're kind of a 'fetish' thing... rings are pierced in intervals on your back, sides , or both... then the rings are laced corset fashion with ribbon.  THEY ARE HOT -- but yes, painful and temporary, your skin rejects the rings because they are on a flat skin surface

Oh, that does sound hot..... ;D

Delirium Datura

They are SO nice, I wish mine had been permanent!  Just imagine the surprise when the shirt comes off!  ;)

Athena

Quote from: Delirium Datura on July 21, 2009, 12:23:12 AM
They are SO nice, I wish mine had been permanent!  Just imagine the surprise when the shirt comes off!  ;)

Yes, imagine that.....*looks at the sign* Well, it does say not-so-distinguished.  ;D

Delirium Datura

vela

So a little like the "hanging from hooks" fetish (SUSPENSION), but different?

-vela

-Ivan Drugostrov

Athena

Quote from: vela on July 21, 2009, 12:50:44 AM
So a little like the "hanging from hooks" fetish (SUSPENSION), but different?

-vela

See, I've always wondered how that works without ripping your skin. *reaching for some gin*

Delirium Datura

Suspension (not that I'd know...lol) involves stronger & deeper rings.  And not that I'd know, but it's an adrenaline rush!

leeps

*wanders in* Is there a corner here for non-distinguished ladies of a certain age who drink cheap malt liquor?

Anyway. It is remarkable how strong and stretchy the skin can be to enable it to support the body's weight on two...or even one hook.
Edward Fairfax Rochester Fan Club
("What the deuce is to do now?")