News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The League of Left-Handers

Started by Janus Zarate, September 18, 2009, 01:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johannes von Koenigsbach

So where stands the list now?  Is it the twentieth spot for me, or the twenty-first?

JK
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.
- Vergil: Aeneid, I.203.

Drac

it would seem that I must place my smeared signature on this short list of "correcthanders" since I, too, am of the rightbrained persuasion. so, when do we attack? hmmm... on second thought, do not say when for I'm sure that the wronghanders have spies flitting about somewhere on here.
it iz pozzible... I think... maybe sort of

helios

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

Drac

Quote from: helios on October 20, 2009, 05:26:23 AM
Hey! I'm no spy! I'm a liason.

so what you're saying is, you tell them our plans, and tell us their plans?

helios

Exactly! Although, I'm more of a mutual double agent. I tell them what you want me to, and I tell you what they want me to.

Drac

hmmm... telll them I want a grilled cheese. with bacon on it. and some chicken fried bacon. but only the good stuff mind you.  :P

helios

They told me to tell you that they won't because they can't because they have no cheese.

Drac

well then tell them they're fired and to get back to work.  :P

helios

You can't fire "them". "They"'re not working for you. "They" are the opposite side.

Drac

bah! minor detail. tell them they're still fired and to get back to work.

helios

"They" told me to tell you the same thing.

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

Quote from: Drac on October 20, 2009, 08:23:12 AM
well then tell them they're fired and to get back to work.  :P

I like this person  ;D

Drac

Quote from: helios on October 20, 2009, 07:00:32 PM
"They" told me to tell you the same thing.

"they" lie. like a rug.

Himself

Click the picture to be magically transported to our FB page.
http://nigelwheelertimedealer.yolasite.com/

Janus Zarate

Quote from: Johannes von KoenigsbachSo where stands the list now?  Is it the twentieth spot for me, or the twenty-first?

You are the 20th member now.  Helios is merely a liaison...

Quote from: heliosHey! I'm no spy! I'm a liason.

...a rather poorly educated one, based on his spelling prowess. ;D

Oh, and Drac, you're #21. I also wouldn't worry about helios - the Kiwis are far enough from the civilized world that they're mostly harmless (notwithstanding Russell Crowe). ;)

Himself, you're #22.  Welcome to the League!

helios

Quote from: Janus Zarate on October 20, 2009, 10:52:35 PM

Hah hah. Just because the NZ curriculum doesn't involve memorizing the contents of a dictionary.WoWowow. You did not just go there. Russell Crowe may have been born here, but he's an Aussie. Ask him. We can be pretty dangerous too. Look what happened with The Flight of The Conchords, and LotR.

Oh, and Drac, you're #21. I also wouldn't worry about helios - the Kiwis are far enough from the civilized world that they're mostly harmless (notwithstanding Russell Crowe). ;)

OswaldBastable

Quote from: helios on October 21, 2009, 03:18:58 AM

Hah hah. Just because the NZ curriculum doesn't involve memorizing the contents of a dictionary.WoWowow. You did not just go there. Russell Crowe may have been born here, but he's an Aussie. Ask him. We can be pretty dangerous too. Look what happened with The Flight of The Conchords, and LotR.

flight of the conchords are utterrly brilliant :D
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

Bonny Gallows

Finally, a place where no one will insist I "just try writing with [my] right hand" or make me throw a baseball or shoot a rifle right-handed! The only thing I do right-handed is use scissors, since as a child the only available scissors were right-handed scissors, and while I did try to use them in my left hand, it hurt terribly!

OswaldBastable

Quote from: Bonny Gallows on October 21, 2009, 07:40:44 AM
Finally, a place where no one will insist I "just try writing with [my] right hand" or make me throw a baseball or shoot a rifle right-handed! The only thing I do right-handed is use scissors, since as a child the only available scissors were right-handed scissors, and while I did try to use them in my left hand, it hurt terribly!
Ah yes I remember getting a cramped hand in school from scissors; I've got scissors in work that are meant to be for left handers, they are the worst scissors ever though
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

I've got a snazzy pair that're both left-handed and right handed at the same time.

I don't know how that works.

Maye they're just wierd.  ;D

Prometheus Culier

Gentlemen*,

Please accept this as tender of my application to join the ranks of your most esteemed organisation.

Sincerely,

P. Culier

(*and ladies, of course, not to mention cads, rogues, and bounders of either persuasion)

Prometheus Culier

Quote from: Vienna Fahrmann on September 20, 2009, 07:40:43 PM
My father was a natural leftie whose parents had coerced him into using his right hand by stabbing his left hand with a fork or other pointy implement every time he used it.

Well now, apparently that propensity for madness in lefthanders has an explanation that isn't merely statistical, after all.

I remember reading a study that concluded that lefthandedness was correlated with a lower lifespan.  Their reasoning was that the incidence of lefthandedness in the general population dropped off markedly above age 70.  Unfortunately the authors forgot to take into account that 70 years prior was roughly the time that lefthandedness being "cured" by beating fell out of favor.

Bonny Gallows

In my days at school, I only ever had one instructor who did not request me to use my right hand to write and use other implements, and that was because the esteemable lady was left-handed herself! I realize my handwriting is very spidery and illegible, but that has more to do with the haste in which I attempt to get the thoughts out of my head and onto paper than which hand I use in the process. I don't know why all my other instructors assumed I had been writing with the wrong hand all my life. It seems a bit presumptuous.

Janus Zarate

Bonny, you're our 23rd member.  And Prometheus, you're our 24th.

Our organization is growing daily. :)

Quote from: Sir Nikolas Vendigroth on October 21, 2009, 07:46:26 PM
I've got a snazzy pair that're both left-handed and right handed at the same time.

I don't know how that works.

Maye they're just wierd.  ;D

That's only possible if the blades aren't side-by-side when closed, but rather, edge-to-edge.  And for scissors, that'd be a bit odd.

Pnakotus

Why is it that right handed emoticons get pictures ... :) ;) ;D
but left handed ones don't? ... (: (; D;
"Tie two birds together,
and although they have four wings,
they cannot fly."