News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Official Pen-Pal Place

Started by vela, September 25, 2009, 10:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vela

Of people seeking pen-pals, there are two types: Those who want to be matched up, and those who prefer to match themselves.  
This is the place for both.

1) PM me with necessary information if you want to be matched-up.
-or-
2) Post here if you want to match yourselves.  

P.S.  If you haven't matched or been matched in a reasonable amount of time, please PM me.

P.S.S.  Current postal rates as of 31 October, 2009
          From the US to Overseas (UK, Europe, Australia): $.98
          From the US to Canada: $.75
If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)

stardust

sorry to sound daft, but how do you mean match yourselves? i assume you don't mean we post our personal details on this thread.

i would like a penpal in a different country but not fussed about age, location, etc.
and doesn't Mr. Kipling make exceedingly good cakes.......

akumabito

Quote from: stardust on September 25, 2009, 10:49:20 PM
sorry to sound daft, but how do you mean match yourselves? i assume you don't mean we post our personal details on this thread.

i would like a penpal in a different country but not fussed about age, location, etc.

Naww, don't post details here.. just say you want a pen pal, state the A/S/L you're looking for and if anyone's interested he/she will contact you by PM with their details. That's how it worked in the previous thread.

vela

If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov

Lucius Voltaic

"The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations."
--General Baron Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

LaZombie

Anyone willing to do a E-mail type pin pal thing?

OswaldBastable

Hi all,
I'd be interested in a pen pal traditional or email; location etc not really important

I'm 36, English, other than SP my interests include books (fiction and factual), history, reenactment, computers, football, comedy, music (mainly indie/alt), films, rpg amongst others

Thanks
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

Steαм◦¢hicк

Traditional please :)
West coast U.S. - or just U.S. is fine (I can't nick too many of my parent's stamps)
all other details - does no matter :)

&& anyone interested in RP correspondence?

The Inventor

This is amazing!
  I've been wanting to do something exactly like this for ages.
Currently writing to my cousin who's on the East Coast with my favorite quills and ink bottles.

So if anyone wants to hit me up via an E-mail on here I'm definitely down for some paper and
pen Pen Paling.

About me;

Male,
American born and raised, West Coast.
early twenties.

wanted pen-pal,
age(s) 18+
boy or girl
location; anywhere, other countries awesome.

Nefthys

I'll join. I'll gladly write to anyone anywhere! I'm used to writing letters to my family in Britian, it would be lovely to have more people to write to. I love letter writing!

I'm in my 20's, female and living in Canada. Feel free to pm or I shall wait to be matched. Either work for me.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Good, you bring the hot oil, I'll get the gears!

sebastian Inkerman

Well, I did put my name in the hat in one of the other pen-pal threads, but nothing came of it.

I'm in the UK in my 30's and am male. I make stuff, both costumes and props and I'd love to be "pen-palled" up with someone from another country although UK works for me with similar interests so we can bounce ideas off each other. I can go trad or e-mail, I'm easy (or at least that's what they wrote about me on the toilet wall, the blackguards). Happy to wait for matching stuff or you could pm me I don't really mind either way.

Be warned however, I am a teacher, I will correct spelling and grammar and we have handwriting that is only second to doctors in spiderscrawl   ;D ;D ;D

Not really up for IC correspondance though, I'm getting to old for RP.

William Ichabod Dachary

What a jolly wonderful idea! I would love to participate.

I am 23, male, and from Worcester, England.

Calliope

It's nice to have one pen pal thread! How many people are comfortable with having multiple pen pals? I think it'd be lovely to be able to get to correspond with a few different people. I'm interested in snail mail correspondence, I'd prefer not to email. It's much nicer to get physical mail.

I'm 19, female, and currently in college in the south eastern United States. I enjoy gaming (the video kind and the dice rolling kind), crafting, and cinema. I'm learning to make costumes and props.

It'd be interested to write to someone in a different country, though I am trying to watch my pennies being in school, so it might be more plausible to write to someone in the US. Gender and age aren't really that important to me in a pen pal.  :)

anno

Then the other similar threads are closed now? What happens to the matches which were in process?

Jemima Annabelle Clough

The threads are locked, but not deleted, so the people who were involved in them can refer back to them. There's no reasons that any matches that were in progress can't be completed, and any discussion around it can happen either here or in PMs.
Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire

anno

cremorne

Well I'm very new to this (and very old at 46 - but sometimes that has advantages) but I think I'd like to correspond with others who might inspire and delight me with their thoughts. I'm a scientist and science writer and would love to hear from you.
C x

anno

You're not very old at 46! Indeed there are some people who are 47, or even -- and I know this may be shocking to some, but bear with me here -- 48 years old on this forum!

In all seriousness though, you really aren't.

cremorne

Thank you so much for saying that; I do appreciate it.
I found this site through research on Victorian science and I'm just totally fascinated and intrigued - I would so like to get to know you all a bit better.
Cx

OswaldBastable

Just a suggestion but do you think it might be a good idea if when people have enough pen pals they edit there original post to say they are fully engaged so to speak.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

vela

Quote from: OswaldBastable on October 02, 2009, 12:31:56 PM
Just a suggestion but do you think it might be a good idea if when people have enough pen pals they edit there original post to say they are fully engaged so to speak.

I do think that is a good idea.

-Ivan Drugostrov

Wilhelmina Frame

Anyone interested in writing via their persona? This seems very entertaining to me.
Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society

William Ichabod Dachary

Quote from: Wilhelmina Frame on October 05, 2009, 04:49:26 AM
Anyone interested in writing via their persona? This seems very entertaining to me.

I would be, to get a little modern "all over that idea like a fat kid on cake."

Nefthys

Quote from: Wilhelmina Frame on October 05, 2009, 04:49:26 AM

Ooh, that does sound like fun!
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Good, you bring the hot oil, I'll get the gears!

vela

Are you all waiting to be matched-up? 
                -Ivan Drugostrov