News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Official Pen-Pal Place

Started by vela, September 25, 2009, 10:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattheous

Desired:

Traditional

20+/Male or Female/British

I am 20/Male/East Coast of the US(originally from Virginia)

I have an affinity for all things British (including Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Gordon Ramsay), a rare kidney condition known as Cystinosis, am a Freemason (getting my 32 degree next month), soon to be a Knight Templar, and a member of an unaffiliated British correspondence course  on Philosophy called The Universal Order. I'm also a Philosophy Major and Librarian-in-Training. I am rather new at this Steampunk way of life...
Legi Aut Mori

Nefthys

I have a pen pal now, but I do not mind writing to more then one person! I have a lot of free time >.>
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Good, you bring the hot oil, I'll get the gears!

Agustus Griffin

I too, would be interested in having comerades with whom to communicate texturally. I think this is a grand idea! I have all sorts of writing implements that I haven't had a chance to use since my calligraphy class ended.

Wilhelmina Frame

Hello,

I would like to correspond with someone in persona. I personally will craft my letters with a mix of fiction and reality, you will have to decide which is which.

I am female, 36, married in Atlanta, GA.
Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society

The Governess

I was matched up in a previous thread, but my writing partner had to withdraw, so open to offers...

I would prefer traditional, UK or otherwise (although postage will be cheaper in the UK).

I'm 39 (eeeek!), from the midlands in England. Apart from sp, I have a massive interest in science fiction (brought up on Blake's 7). Also interested in swords and sword fighting, history and historical buildings, films, comedy, cycling, running, rock music, rock climbing (beginner level), making stuff, etc, etc...

I don't mind in character or out of it.

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk

Jemima Annabelle Clough

Quote from: The Governess on October 12, 2009, 08:19:19 AM
I'm 39 (eeeek!),

Nothing wrong with being 39!

(I'm a little biased though - it's my age too)
Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire

Mattheous

Quote from: Jemima Annabelle Clough on October 12, 2009, 07:30:43 PM
I'm 39 (eeeek!),

The older the wiser, I always say! I'm only 20, but already walk with a limp...
Legi Aut Mori

The Governess

Quote from: Mattheous on October 12, 2009, 07:32:23 PM
I'm 39 (eeeek!),

A limp what, though?

On the plus side, I have a good excuse for a big party next year...

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
www.CrimsonClocks.com

Mattheous

Quote from: The Governess on October 12, 2009, 07:57:16 PM
I'm 39 (eeeek!),

A limp what, though?

Touche`.
Legi Aut Mori

William Ichabod Dachary

I, too, am engaged with a penpal, but still willing to acquire more if the desire arises :)

Anthony Brinley

I'm interested in either RP or traditional pen paling.

I'm a male, 22 (as of tomorrow), from the USA (Virginia).
I'm interested in Steampunk, video games, D&D, comic books, anime, computers, and music.

:D

www.blogger.com/tbopera

LukeHogbin

I'm interested as well. ;D Prefer traditional over e-mail.

I'm male, 23 (turning 24 on Oct 31), from Slovenia. Interested in SP, gaming (videogames yayayayayayay), cryptography, programming and a wee bit o' science fiction. ;)
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

joeybernard

Hey all.  I already have a few pen-pals so I won't be PM'ing anyone else.  But I am always interested in getting more, so feel free to PM me.  I'm interested in doing traditional.  I'm a late 30's guy from Canada, but willing to post letters anywhere.

Steamhappi

This is a fabulous idea!
Coincidentally, I was having a discussion with a friend just recently in which we were lamenting the adverse effect that the decline of handwritten correspondence has had on society. There is something special about the connection with another person inherent in a physical letter, the fact that a real person has taken of their personal time, focused their physical and mental attention upon you specifically and now you hold the result of their thought and effort in your own hand! This is an experience sadly lacking in today's world.

That being said, I would truly enjoy availing myself to this opportunity! Obviously I desire that such correspondence be traditional and will happily post letters to anywhere around the globe. I have yet to completely develop my Steampunk persona but once I do I will be happy to correspond in character in addition to normally.

A bit of biographical information:
I am a 45 year old male. I reside in the U.S.A. in the state of Arizona.
I have been a fan of science-fiction since I was a small child watching Star Trek and Lost in Space (in black & white no less! :o). I read my first adult Sci-fi novel, Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End when I was 10 years old and I still have a copy of the old Classics Illustrated comic book of H.G. Well's "War of the Worlds" that I acquired when I was 8. I have read "The Lord of the Rings" over 30 times as I reread it almost every year. I am a devoted fan of H.P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard as well.
I was involved with medieval re-creation (live steel) for nearly 20 years and avidly practiced medieval-style sport combat as well as authentic medieval martial arts until health issues forced my retirement. As a result I have researched and crafted cloth, leather and metal armour (both maile and plate). I have made axes, maces and small blades by modern methods and done a small amount of forge work. As one might imagine I have a passion for history, both real and fained.
I have made my living by various means. Some which might be of interest are; musician (still active), lifeguard, woodworker, bronze caster, armour maker and construction worker.

Well, *whew* enough about me..................tell me about you!  ;D
I only knew that you'd know that I knew, did you know that?

sebastian Inkerman

I'm 39 (eeeek!),

A limp what, though?

[Eric Morecambe]

WaHEYYY!!!!!!

[/Eric Morcambe]

The Governess

Quote from: sebastian Inkerman on October 23, 2009, 12:22:44 PM
I'm 39 (eeeek!),

A limp what, though?

[Eric Morecambe]

WaHEYYY!!!!!!

[/Eric Morcambe]

"Tea, Ern?"

CRIMSON CLOCKS
www.CrimsonClocks.com

cremorne

Quote from: Steamhappi on October 22, 2009, 06:41:07 PM
This is a fabulous idea!
Coincidentally, I was having a discussion with a friend just recently in which we were lamenting the adverse effect that the decline of handwritten correspondence has had on society. There is something special about the connection with another person inherent in a physical letter, the fact that a real person has taken of their personal time, focused their physical and mental attention upon you specifically and now you hold the result of their thought and effort in your own hand! This is an experience sadly lacking in today's world.

I am so in agreement with you. I've just written to my new pen pal and realised that apart from a few cards and very short notes to people by post, my life in the last 20 years has been digital - my formerly quite good and even handwriting has turned to dust. And yes, it does make a difference - it has a more 'spiritual' meaning if one makes that personal connection of hand to ink to paper; you are completely right.
I must write more.

I think a lovely start for us all (especialy the nervous) would be the terrific and inclusive idea that I think Vela had (apologies if I've got that wrong) about a birthday list - that seems to me a fabuous way to encourage involvement. What do we thinK?

Nikolai Reinharrt

Now this sounds like fun!
I'm probably one of the younger ones on here though, but I don't mind writing to anyone out there, as long as it isn't too far away.

I'm 17, male, and I live on the east coast of Canada. My interests are steampunk, anything Victorian, graphic novels, music (I plan on being a music major, and I'm madly in love with my string bass), D&D and general adventuring wherever I may go. I have a bad case of wanderlust as some may put it.
Don't be limited to just talking about that though, I'm open to any discussion!

shelma32

This sounds awesome!
I haven't had a pen pal in ages and would love to get in contact with someone :)

Im 23 and currently residing in Bridgend, Wales with my fiance.
I am currently studying at Bridgend College on a Interactive Media HND course (several assignments of which ive managed to get some steampunk inspiration on, lol).

I spnd a lot of my time online, running websites/forums, etc.
I run an official website for an actor who is currently in the series 'Sanctuary' and I run the Official fansite for steampunk web series Riese.

I listen to all types of music (except for really cheesy pop, lol) & watch quite a variety of television, mostly sci-fi & fantasy (my favs are sanctuary, stargate (all 3 series), Firefly, Dollhouse, Torchwood and more).

Ophelia

good idea Vela !

Interested in either an email or traditional pen-pal, Male or female.

I'm 19, female
. I enjoy reading (fantasy, medieval, horror,  etc..), crafting, paint, draw . .
I like to travel,..I listen classic music, celtic..( i love the  Mythology..
i like to know new people in a different country, . Gender and age aren't   that important ....  :)
._Q

SteampunkPagan

I would like one

I am Male 21 California
You are not ready for Immortality -Ambassador Kosh
Me:I am a Post-apocalyptic-retro-futurist
Friend: doesn't Mean your just a steampunk?
Me: yeah pretty much

Miss Angelica Kingsley

Hello,

What a lovely idea and most welcome. I would very much like to be matched with at the very least one Pen Pal. I wish to put quill to parchment so please no email, I have more than enough of those already.

I have no preferences in Pen Pals but would very much like to communicate with others from far off lands, and writing in character would be such fun. We can always sneak a few real things in the margins. My persona is very new though (as I am to SP) and will take some time to develop. I would not be apposed to any correspondence with anyone near by and out of character too.

I reside in Tacoma WA USA, my home is Canada
I am over the age of concent (As a lady I choose to say nothing more on that subject)
I enjoy reading, though find it difficult to read at the moment
I watch far to much TV for my own good and enjoy my music (nothing hiphop/rap/metal/angry)
I am creative and artistic and sadly my fingernails are always dirty and simply unacceptable for a lady.
I believe in Faeries and all things magic as well

Oh and one other thing... I will likely poke my tongue out at you if you correct my spelling and grammar. They are atrocious indeed.

Kindest Regards, Miss Angelica Kingsley
Lost somewhere in the Outer Hebrides

badkittie748

hi,
i would like a pen pal. im new to steampunk and am in the united states specifically san diego california. im a 27 year old female. location makes no prefference as neither sex does. however i do preffer the snail mail mode of communication. seems to becoming a rather lost art as most things do after time and technological advancements. i love to sew ( and i am trying to get my own indie store front someday.), read, write, explore my world and i love abney park. oh and by the way, quite eccentric indeed. as for my persona.... we'll get to that later. :)

Lumis

I would definetly be interested in a pen pal, however as much as I'd like to use the traditional method, I'm broke and I don't really want to have to explain to my parents why I would have to keep stealing stamps or keep receiving mysteriously cryptic letters in the mail, so the internets will have to do, for now at least :)

I'm 16, female, and I live near Kansas City in the US, and if possible I'd like a pen pal from another country; other than that, no preferences

My many interests and activities frequently rotate between steampunk, a few specific sci fi things, movies/filmmaking, drawing, comics/manga/anime, writing, online RPing and LARPing, getting in touch with my inner adventurer, etc.

I think corresponding in character would be highly entertaining (and helpful, as my alter ego hasn't really had a chance to be fully developed yet)  Also, a quick word of warning: as my interests change like the weather, I may not be on this site for a month or more, so be prepared for that in case my plan to stick with it falls through
si modo scias quid hoc scribatur...

Anders

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen (and everyone else, too).  I have browsed the listing of interested parties, and while many of them look very interesting, I am afraid that some may be out-of-date at this time.  (In fact, I believe it would be good practice for us all to include an "expiration date," if you will, on our requests for penpals.)  Therefore I will post a new notice of my own and hope that anyone still interested may contact me via personal message.

I am a college senior in the United States; steam enthusiast with a (very) small streak of 'punk;' interested in fantasy and science fiction and adventures, computers, contraptions, and just about anything that will afford me a chance to learn something new.  Not so interested in discussing music or automobiles.  It is one of my great disappointments in life that I did not have much exposure to power tools as a child (thus fostering the capability to create the contraptions and decorations I so admire in the steampunk community), but then, I guess, I was busy consuming books in preparation for a hobby as a story writer.

Very interested in writing (mostly) in-character, but probably not "roleplaying" in the style found in forums, video games, or tabletop games.  Prefer hardcopy correspondence.  Any location acceptable for a prospective pal, though foreign correspondents would probably see a decrease in frequency of letters compared to a fellow Yank.

Please consider this request valid for up to one month after its posting.  If, by then, I have not yet received a reply, I will either post again or remain silent as befits my disposition at that time.

{Update}
I have received a number of responses, and though I would love to communicate with every member of this forum I must draw the line somewhere.  Apologies if anyone was considering replying; maybe we can connect at a later time.