News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)

Started by Lilith-Nighthawk, November 26, 2009, 12:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilith-Nighthawk

This is a nice cozy place for LGBT forum goers and  our allies. Pull up a chair or a bean bag. chat about what you feel like. Flirting and bawdy stories are welcome.

Maddest Hatter dear where are you? I believe we left off talking about both of ours strange obssesion with yaoi and queer guys.
"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"
        - Quinn Mallory, "Sliders"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."

Wells45

I'm straight but I definitely stand in solidarity with the LGBT community. I have several gay, lesbian, and transgendered good friends. Great idea for this meta-club.
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."  ~Carl Sagan

Lilith-Nighthawk

Thanks. I'm a queer girl with a pentiant for gay bi and trans male friends.
"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."

lilibat

I am married to a male, but I have fated more women than men.

Choreocrat

*waves*

*pulls up a couch*

Bustles and hoopskirts are pretty, but a gent in Vic garb is far more fetching to me, particularly with a bit of fluff on the face.
Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy

Aviatrix Abernathy

I am also married to male but do have a soft spot for the fairer sex. i mostly popped by to express my great love of the name of the club! Made me smile when I saw it ;D
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur

MechanicalMouse

As the song goes "I kissed a boy, and I liked it".

I'm male, happily married to a lovely lady, but if I hadn't have met her who know where I'd be now.

Anyway, I'm here to show my support for the pink cogs out there.

Capt. Dirigible

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

Talefeather

Bravo!

I am quite straight but I completely support anyone persuaded otherwise and have many friends and family members that fall into this category.

Mina

quite bi over here, but the small town I live in is so conservative you won't here me saying it out loud. It's nice to have a place to talk, though. Cookies, anyone? I just made them!
Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?

Lilith-Nighthawk

*grabs a cookie* mmm *goes back to reading whos who in gay and lesbian history* oh lawrence of arabia was gay. I knew about oscare wilde but didnt know about lawrence of arabia.

elShoggotho

I'm definitely not gay. I checked multiple times, the olfactory stimulus is wrong. Can't bear with someone who smells male.

Choreocrat

Quote from: elShoggotho on November 26, 2009, 07:03:45 PM
I'm definitely not gay. I checked multiple times, the olfactory stimulus is wrong. Can't bear with someone who smells male.
Your loss.

*nibbles cookie*

For more on Victorian queer activism, Edward Carpenter and George Merrill are worth investigating. They make a nice change from the Uranians, who IMO bordered on (and occasionally went too far) in idolising youth.

darkshines

I'm pan, but currently with someone of the opposite sex.

You may have noticed my sly jokes in naming my tea rooms (The Princess Seraphina and the Rrose Selavy), I don't think many others have noticed ;)
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: darkshines on November 27, 2009, 09:28:50 AM
I'm pan, but currently with someone of the opposite sex.

Is that 'pan' as in 'Pan-sexual'? Because I'm familiar with Hetro and Homosexuality and I understand Bi-sexuality and asexuality..so what's 'Pan-sexual? Are you attracted to anything (animal, vegetable or mineral?)..are you attracted to kitchenware? Maybe you're attracted to pipe playing Satyrs? Anyway the firewall  thingy on my work PC won't let me look it up on on t'net.

Would you care to explain?...you can PM me if you'd rather...

MechanicalMouse

I believe captain Jack Harkness was described as Pan-Sexual.

it Bisexual + open options on robots and aliens.

Mina

Quote from: Lilith-Nighthawk on November 26, 2009, 06:57:52 PM
*grabs a cookie* mmm *goes back to reading whos who in gay and lesbian history* oh lawrence of arabia was gay. I knew about oscare wilde but didnt know about lawrence of arabia.

Thomas Jefferson, also. My alter ego has his birthday
Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: MechanicalMouse on November 27, 2009, 03:07:55 PM
I believe captain Jack Harkness was described as Pan-Sexual.

it Bisexual + open options on robots and aliens.

So to put it bluntly... pan-sexuals will shag anything?

MechanicalMouse

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on November 27, 2009, 03:56:12 PM

Well flirt... heavily , the mechanics requires for "shag" may not be available.

lilibat

Quote from: MechanicalMouse on November 27, 2009, 04:00:46 PM

The good captain will figure out a way, I am given to understand.

elShoggotho

Quote from: lilibat on November 27, 2009, 07:15:24 PM
Quote from: MechanicalMouse on November 27, 2009, 04:00:46 PM

The good captain will figure out a way, I am given to understand.
The good Captain could be my role model, except for my preference of human females. No Earth animals dand derivatives either, but robots and alien species should be fair game.

Choreocrat

To paraphrase (and misquote) Dr Who again, pan comes out pretty much as being interested in "Ladies, Gentlemen and variations thereupon." Not all of them, of course, just the attractive ones.

And:
Quote from: The Doctor Dances
The Doctor: Relax. He's a fifty-first century guy. He's just a bit more flexible when it comes to 'dancing'.
Rose Tyler: How flexible?
The Doctor: Well, by his time, you lot are spread out across half the galaxy.
Rose Tyler: Meaning?
The Doctor: So many species, so little time.
Rose Tyler: What, that's what we do when we get out there? That's our mission? We seek new life and...
[weakly]
Rose Tyler: and...
The Doctor: [nodding] Dance.

Rev.Hammer

The odd thing is that in my 43 years of wandering this earth I have learned a few truths.
One of which is that love is love.  The form of male or female or 'variations thereof' matters not.
The one person that taught me that is my wife, The Baroness De Leon. She herself was involved in a same sex relationship before we met. I had in my youth a same sex relationship as well. Unfortunately, being brought up in a highly conservative Christian household, I was led to feel that my behavior was unclean and immoral.
NOTE: I make no stab nor castigations at Christianity! Just my parents and immediate community of my youth!
I had revealed this to The Baroness at the time that were just friends. Her perspective and wisdom brought me to terms with this facet of my life and hers as well.
Because of this Dear Lady, my life was changed, I understand myself and a lot of my life and feelings about how it has occurred.
SO, I can say now that I do enjoy looking at the male form and the female form and find many great and  wonderful delights in both. Now that I have reconciled my internal energies, I know that I could find happiness in either. The fact that I am married to a woman has nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. It has everything to do with the fact that I love her soul and spirit!
I treasure people for their souls and thier minds and their spirits, the rest doesnt really matter.
If you wouldnt mind me pulling up my chair and ottoman, I would be honored to sit among ye!

LukeHogbin

QuoteOne of which is that love is love.  The form of male or female or 'variations thereof' matters not.

Indeed.  :)
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

Wells45

Quote from: Choreocrat on November 26, 2009, 11:38:04 PM
Quote from: elShoggotho on November 26, 2009, 07:03:45 PM
Your loss.

*nibbles cookie*

For more on Victorian queer activism, Edward Carpenter and George Merrill are worth investigating. They make a nice change from the Uranians, who IMO bordered on (and occasionally went too far) in idolising youth.
Yes! I'm a big fan of Edward Carpenter and his work. I wrote a brief bio on him on my blog.
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."  ~Carl Sagan