News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

UK Steampunks

Started by Kitten Brigadier, January 05, 2010, 10:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_IsiaahWallace

Here from Rotherham and alternate weekends over the Pennines in Oldham.
If that sir, is your idea of reality, I shall stay here and converse with the fish.

Janetg

Quote from: captianjarizate on June 22, 2010, 01:34:50 AM
hailing from the great but seemingly unknown city of leicester desperately looking for some steampunk pals :) oh dear that sounds like a personal ad :S give us a shout if your from leicester my chums :)

I have seen a couple of posts mentioning Leicester as there was, at one time, an idea of running an event at the Space Centre, but nothing seems to have been mentioned since.  If there are other Steampunk people in Leicester/shire perhaps we could get together for a cup of tea?

TimeTinker

There are a handful in the Leicester area.  There is quite an active bunch of us in the wider (what might be termed the old coalfields) area.  Most of us travel a little way to get togethers and Nottingham has been a focus since it is central.  Papplewick Pumping Station welcomes us regularly.

May I suggest you start a thread for planning a get together.  People will join in.
[move]BE SPLENDID![/move]

Kiltar

Hail from the market town of Mold (Yr Wyddgrug in Welsh) in beautiful North Wales.

K

DreamHazard

Huzzah! More Gogcogs!

Croeso!

Killerkarl

I am Birmingham's very own Victorian vagabond and raggle taggle musician.

Grumfoss

Quote from: Kiltar on June 25, 2010, 11:28:31 AM
Hail from the market town of Mold (Yr Wyddgrug in Welsh) in beautiful North Wales.

K

Just up the road from you in Wrexham :)

Mr P Dreadful

Yet another from the Steel City of Sheffield, finally having managed to put down the damnable menaces that are modernity...

Mercury Wells

Cardiff originally, for now residing in Manchester.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Cpt Wallace

I reside in Colne on the Lancashire Yorkshire border but I can oft be found stalking the streets of Keighley or more commonly plying a living at the Woolly Sheep in Skipton

Tranzient Gallery

Quote from: Cpt Wallace on July 01, 2010, 09:52:31 PM
I reside in Colne on the Lancashire Yorkshire border but I can oft be found stalking the streets of Keighley or more commonly plying a living at the Woolly Sheep in Skipton

ooo your just down the road from me im only in cononley, I used the live next door to the narrow boat in skipton! and i ply my trade in Keighley.
I also noted your a medieval re-enactor which group?

OrpheusQuinn

I am in Middlesbrough...

Well, in fact, I live in the no-mans-land between two of the main rough areas of Middlesbrough.

Yeah... Not much to be proud of, is it?  :P

Cpt Wallace

I'm a member of the Ferrers Household

Tranzient Gallery

Quote from: Cpt Wallace on July 02, 2010, 09:45:30 PM
I'm a member of the Ferrers Household
Is it bad whenever I see your lot doing living history i just start to drool over your forge..... so must sort out my kiln for next year. ::)

AGB

That appears to be quite a common reaction to working forges, so it can't be that bad.
AGB
AKA Jester, and others

Cpt Wallace

Ah you should see the bread oven when it's going then  ;D

Gothx

New to the World of Steampunk, I'm a Photographer based in Essex.
Photographer

Flying Toaster

I'm up here in Edinburgh.

New to Steampunk, and new to Edinburgh.

LadyAsprin

Quote from: Flying Toaster on July 13, 2010, 12:39:14 PM
I'm up here in Edinburgh.

New to Steampunk, and new to Edinburgh.

Welcome to Edinburgh.
Only girls fight with swords these days.(Wellington - Duel and Duality - Blackadder III)

DreamHazard

I may be moving to Edinburgh in the next few months, I'm definitely going to visit

Dr. Strontium

Greetings from (or just north of) the Spa Town of Cheltenham......

jynx

First post but i have been lurking a while now
Im from smack bang in the middle of birmingham.
;D

TimeTinker

Welcome folks.  Please check out the various threads on geographical-United Kingdom to see what is going on that might be of interest.  If you are on facebook then please think about joining the group "British Steampunk Community" which lists the majority of events etc too.
[move]BE SPLENDID![/move]

AntonyRB

Hello there. Figured this may as well be my first post. I live in a village called Histon, which is just north of Cambridge.

OswaldBastable

welcome to the boards :)
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre