News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

UK Steampunks

Started by Kitten Brigadier, January 05, 2010, 10:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockula

Quote from: Danbury Shakes on January 07, 2010, 02:08:31 AM
Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on January 06, 2010, 03:14:44 PM
Quote from: Danbury Shakes on January 05, 2010, 11:35:28 PM
Here from the east end of London

Cor blimey..luvva duck, guv'nor..another Eastender! Where abouts? I'm in Hackney
Well, Well, Well, we're virtually next door - I'm over in Walthamstow

I'm a few miles over in Essex. Hornchurch near the Kent border to be precise. There seems to be a fair few of us East Londoners. Hope we're all going to be meeting at the London Steampunk Spectacular on January 23rd.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: Rockula on January 07, 2010, 02:58:40 PM

Cor blimey..luvva duck, guv'nor..another Eastender! Where abouts? I'm in Hackney

I'm a few miles over in Essex. Hornchurch near the Kent border to be precise. There seems to be a fair few of us East Londoners. Hope we're all going to be meeting at the London Steampunk Spectacular on January 23rd.

Do we have any Steampunk Pearly Kings/Queens? ;D
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

With little cogs sewn all over them? The Coggely King and Queen?
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

Herr Döktor

Quote from: Mr Peter Harrow, Esq on January 07, 2010, 10:01:00 PM
With little cogs sewn all over them? The Coggely King and Queen?

Would that make them members of the cognoscenti?

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Cognescenti...You mean they smell of gear oil?

I think we need to set up a separate thread, but it is a good idea. Cockneys are born within the sound of Bow Bells, what is the equivalent for Cogney's?

Herr Döktor

Within the sound of Big Ben, or any other large, clockwork mechanism!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

A Cogney had therefore better set up a thread within this Board, I would suggest "Hello, We Are Cogneys" Now Show reference, and look towards electing a Coggely King and Queen and setting about recipes for jellied Air Kraken. I sadly am not a Cogney, unless of course you consider that as big ben is broadcast on radio and TV we are all Cogneys. Londoners at least should be eligible.

Mimsy Beaucoup

Well me and Lady Ruff Diamon are 'The Cogney Queens' - see us at The Asylum!

We can lead you all in a good steamy knees up!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Jellied Air Kraken, steampunk rhyming slang, coggly Kings and Queens a lot of potential there I think there for a bit of fun.

Rockula

Quote from: Mr Peter Harrow, Esq on January 08, 2010, 08:27:02 PM
Jellied Air Kraken, steampunk rhyming slang, coggly Kings and Queens a lot of potential there I think there for a bit of fun.

'Brass'n'Junk' - Steampunk?

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

I am afraid that contraction would be 'brass' also slang for a common prostitute, so calling a steampunk lady 'a bit of a brass' is not flattering.

Rockula

Quote from: Mr Peter Harrow, Esq on January 08, 2010, 08:45:54 PM
I am afraid that contraction would be 'brass' also slang for a common prostitute, so calling a steampunk lady 'a bit of a brass' is not flattering.

Maybe 'Gears'n'Junk' then? Making the contraction 'Gears' or 'Gear' which was used in the 1960's to refer to something excellent as in 'Fab Gear'.

Danbury Shakes

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on January 07, 2010, 10:57:18 AM

Oooh! I lived in E 17 for a few years back in the 80's. Hartington Road..used to drink in the Coach and Horses on the corner of James Street...and the Royal Standard opposite Blackhorse Road tube....*sigh* happy days!

Ah yes - The Standard - so many happy (if slightly inebriated) nights I spent there in the nineties.

One of my fave Walthamstow pubs is the King William IV - micro brewery combined with wood, copper and brass :)

The micro brewery does some nice brews, including a tasty light and refreshing Ginger Beer which happens to be about 5 % - SOOOOO nice in the spring

Arceye

Present, Miss! Rotherham South Yorks, a town tolerant of this quirky individual, but there are not enough fellow quirkists.
There is nothing that cannot be made a little worse and sold a little cheaper

marcus cudworth

As for myself and the good Lady Susanne and three coglets we recide in the spa of Harrogate.

Professor Gaslight

Myself and the good lady, Countess Anastasia de Tarot reside in the Asylum capital of Lincoln.

The Governess

Himself and I reside in Kings Heath, South Birmingham.

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk

Tranzient Gallery

Well well well!!
Im currently stuck up in Yorkshire on the borders of West and North yorks just outside Skipton. not much steamy happening up other than the two steam railways. Embsay to bolton abbey railway and the more famous Keighley and Worth Valley railway (home of the railway children film from the 70s)   Whenever I get a chance I escape back to Nottingham for a pint in the Sal not exactly the most local local but and old fav!!! ;D

stockton_joans

Northampton here, i know there are a few more Steampunks locally but the Cad's haven't signed up to the forum yet, despite my regular prodding.
Stockton Joans:
Gentleman
Tinkerer
Part time Illithid hunter

Major Wolfram Quicksilver

Here, in Chichester at the moment, but soon to move to Lincoln.  Now that's going to be handy in Sept!
'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'

Cuthbert Arbuthnot

Greetings to all, from deepest darkest Staffordshire!
For Queen & Country!

The Governess

I used to live in Staffordshire. It is quite dark. Are you north or south staffs?

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk

Lady Ruff-Diamond

Quote from: Mimsy Beaucoup on January 08, 2010, 07:17:11 PM
Well me and Lady Ruff Diamon are 'The Cogney Queens' - see us at The Asylum!

We can lead you all in a good steamy knees up!

I say Mimsy shouldn't you get the Reverend onto this Cogney thread? We don't want to be gazzumped.. "av a banana"

mercian guy

I hail from Cradley Heath in the West Midlands.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
Carl Sagan

Tenlo

Although I have posted this upon the other thread, it would seem prudent to cover all bases. I hail from the favourite resort of your esteemed East-enders of Southend-on-sea, in deepest Essex