News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Powered by Goggle?

Started by Datamancer, March 01, 2007, 02:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datamancer

hahaha I just thought of something... Is there a way to modify the search box on the forum to say "Powered by Goggle" and have this at the bottom of the search pages...

?

:P
"I'm not a paranoid deranged millionaire. Goddamit, I'm a billionaire." - Howard Hughes

Tinkergirl

*laughs*  Very nice.  No idea how to do it, but I'll have a look and see if it's something not too far outside my ken.  Nice idea though.

Datamancer

I've done quite a bit of PHP portal hacking in my time, so it's actually quite doable.

Let me finish this batch of banners and logos I'm working on first, then we'll figure it out.
"I'm not a paranoid deranged millionaire. Goddamit, I'm a billionaire." - Howard Hughes

kiskolou

That's clever.Though it looks a little too much like GAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLE.
"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!

Datamancer

Which begs the question...what would be the collective noun for Steampunks?

A gaggle of steampunks?
A herd of steampunks?
A bunch of steampunks?
A cluster of steampunks?
A murder of steampunks?
A flock of steampunks?
A clump of steampunks?
A pod, a gam, a rout?

I'm partial to "a clack".

"...if you look over there, you'll see a clack of steampunks"

What say ye?

Nemo137

I think clack has quite a nice ring to it. Maybe a mesh of steampunks, going off the idea of meshing gears?

Hex

IMHO a clutch of steampunks is quite apt
"I am opposed to the laying down of rules or conditions to be observed in the construction of bridges. Lest the progress of improvement tomorrow, might be embarrassed or shackled by recording or registering as law, the prejudices or errors of today."
~Isambard Kingdom Brunel~

Emperor

Emps

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Steampunk Collective thread

Kabuki

Definitely a clutch of steampunks...  I love making up our own terms!
The only thing more important that squashing one's foe, is doing so with style and panache... - Jake of All Trades

Join the fun here: http://www.b

Datamancer

Haha this should have been a poll.

I like "clack" or maybe even "claque", but I could definitely do "clutch" too.

Any other votes, or do the clutches have it?

Dimentox

Easy to do with SMF. Just a template change and a bit of code. =)

Dimentox

do the admins want me to write this mod?

daeudi_454

What about a "Drive"?

Instead of, say, a  drove...

A drive of gears, a drive of steamers,

Of cours, if we all prefer "Clutch", then a Drive would be most appropriate for a meeting/gathering/convention.....
"Time hasn't stopped for any troubles, heartaches, or any other malfunctions of this world, so please don't tell me it will stop for you." - C.S. Lewis
"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." - C.S. Lewis

S.Sprocket

If one can have a murder of crows, can we have a duel of steampunks?

Or perhaps we just have a crew of steampunks, or an armada of steampunks...
"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah

OHebel Wring

armada should be applied only when we are on the move
"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes. "
-Sherlock Holmes

Alex T. Willis

Word to the wise: nobody wants to be associated with goggle.com. It's a spyware/adware site. Stay away!  :-[