News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

United Kingdom Register of Interests

Started by Doctor When, June 25, 2007, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: Victor Charlington on March 23, 2016, 08:12:36 AM
I hail from the seaside township of South Shields in the North East of dear old England, birthplace of John Simpson Kirkpatrick and Sir Ridley of Scott, Englands oldest provincial evening periodical and the finish line for The Great North Run.

Indeed, there really isn't much here at all...

...but for the time being I call it home, amongst other opprobrium.

Are you intending to go to Whitby for the Goth Weekend in April?  LOTS of steampunks at the Rifle Club and Leisure Centre, as well as strolling about the town.  It is great fun.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Victor Charlington

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on March 23, 2016, 11:01:07 AM
Quote from: Victor Charlington on March 23, 2016, 08:12:36 AM
I hail from the seaside township of South Shields in the North East of dear old England, birthplace of John Simpson Kirkpatrick and Sir Ridley of Scott, Englands oldest provincial evening periodical and the finish line for The Great North Run.

Indeed, there really isn't much here at all...

...but for the time being I call it home, amongst other opprobrium.

Are you intending to go to Whitby for the Goth Weekend in April?  LOTS of steampunks at the Rifle Club and Leisure Centre, as well as strolling about the town.  It is great fun.

I wish I could, sadly this month is particularly busy, I'm currently applying for a new job and there's a lot of preparation to do prior to the Board, I've been in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it...! although I have never dressed for the occasion.

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: Victor Charlington on March 24, 2016, 06:26:22 AM

I wish I could, sadly this month is particularly busy, I'm currently applying for a new job and there's a lot of preparation to do prior to the Board, I've been in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it...! although I have never dressed for the occasion.

It's such a nuisance when real life gets in the way of steampunk!
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

poisonpearl

I'm from Liverpool but have defected to The Wirral...for reasons
It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.

Nobel

I am born and resident in Kingston-Upon-Hull. With long term sojourns to Lincoln, Leeds and Lincoln again in between.

With a population of about a quarter of a million not many seem to admit to being steampunk. Very quiet it is.
Just when I least expected it I discovered something or other

steambonjed

Anyone reside or frequent the levels of Sedgemoor In Somerset?  Or Perhaps the the docklands of Brizzle?  I'm thinking of creating an event at some time in the future in the South West.
Never Trust An Atom, They Make Up Everything.

Whistling Bear

Hey fellow Steampunkers I have family in Grimsby but I'm currently in Leicester.

Sir_Blaze

Hey There i've had an interest in a lot of movies and anime set in this sort of era so figured stop hovering on the outskirts so to speak.

I'm in Wolverhampton

and also wondering if there are any interest groups that meat up every now n then for a yarn that are local to me

Tillybean

Hello there.

New to SP and recently returned to a small village located between Cambridge and St Ives. Happy to meet up with any groups but struggling to find anything....?

pjscan

Hi all

I'm new to steampunk too. Birmingham, UK is my home town. Looking for others.

cheers
Col Janus H. Appleson
(Astronomer Rogue)

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: pjscan on November 10, 2016, 05:06:27 PM
Hi all

I'm new to steampunk too. Birmingham, UK is my home town. Looking for others.

cheers

You lucky, lucky person - just scroll down a bit further to the 'Birmingham, Worcester & West Midlands events' post; they seem a very active group and I am so envious, as there is nothing like that where I reside.