Things that make you go... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! Mk. II

Started by Flynn MacCallister, May 27, 2010, 12:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdnest

Quote from: rovingjack on April 10, 2011, 09:42:57 AM
Quote from: Sir A Poiselamppe on April 10, 2011, 08:33:51 AM
N power, Who have sent me my latest bill, which increases the Direct Debit by 132% despite being for the summer months as compared to the winter, some mistake shurly....

I shall be requiring an explanation.....

A few month back we recieved an electric bill from our supplier that was a 130% and the following month was 200% increase. We tried to get explinations and find out how we had such increases with one third fewer people and one of those people working 48 hours a week and going up north each weekend to worl 32 hours.

They sort of just made excuses and made it out to be a big mystery. Then the next month the bill was back to what it was about a year ago and there was a quitely marked refund of some 40$ and this month the bill is coming up as the cheapest we've ever had it.

something smells a bit off. So my advise is make it clear you are going to be riding them until the cost is fully accounted for.

Living in an extremely rural area, this has happened many many times.  The cause is that the meter reader does not want to a) take the time to drive the two miles .. b) realized, while at the bar, that he forgot ... and subsequently made up the reading (in your case, twice).

my gaaaah ... F'ing ANTS!  the wee bastards are teleporting on to the counter top, as we cannot find their source.
Onward ho!

crookedfingers

Have you tried banging really hard on the walls and counter tops around the area? If you can get their army to come out you'll be able to see better where they're coming from (lots of ants all moving in one big crowd)
It worked in my grandparents flat (turned out they were living behind the skirting board.)
Teleportation! See me go from nought to zero in zero seconds!

wrenchhead

So... I go outside, and there is a dust storm coming from one direction, and rain clouds coming from another... and I comment, jokingly, that if they came together it would rain mud... a few hours later, I go outside to go get dinner, and it is, literally, RAINING MUD. Everything is covered in a nice sheen of mud. I got mud on my face, uniform, and weapon just walking to the dining hall. Raining mud... it's enough to make you go GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jake

ForestB

I switched cars with my husband this morning, and my gaaahhhhh is he forgot to switch the kids' booster seats to his truck... It will make for and interesting drive to school this morning...
Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com

Xenos

Quote from: wrenchhead on April 13, 2011, 10:12:55 AM
So... I go outside, and there is a dust storm coming from one direction, and rain clouds coming from another... and I comment, jokingly, that if they came together it would rain mud... a few hours later, I go outside to go get dinner, and it is, literally, RAINING MUD. Everything is covered in a nice sheen of mud. I got mud on my face, uniform, and weapon just walking to the dining hall. Raining mud... it's enough to make you go GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jake

I feel your pain...  Spent almost three years living in Jordan, and have experienced the venerable mudstorm...  Staple of middle easter living in places with more than two seasons (i.e. Rainy and Dry seasons)!  And thank you kindly for the service you do, good sir! 

My gaaaaaaaaaaah for the day:  Yesterday at work, a moron decided to ram my pallet with his order picker to move it out of the way.  One problem:  My foot was on the other side of said pallet.  So now, I'm sitting here, with ice on my ankle, and will be in an ace bandage for the next 2 weeks because of this idiot.

The worst part?  As he's the #1 salesman in the region, they really wont do anything about it.  This is not the first time something like this has happend-no no, a couple of weeks ago he nearly took the foot off a crewman of mine.  Management does not care. 

Ah well, c'est la vie.
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

bicyclebuilder

Quote from: Xenos on April 13, 2011, 01:50:31 PM
#SNIP#
The worst part?  As he's the #1 salesman in the region, they really wont do anything about it.  This is not the first time something like this has happend-no no, a couple of weeks ago he nearly took the foot off a crewman of mine.  Management does not care. 

Ah well, c'est la vie.

How to become #1? Eliminate all the competition. When not shure if it's competition, eliminate first, ask questions later. Don't you have/had a hand injury, Xenos? Take good care of your limbs, you only have 5. (that's right 5, don't forget the fifth)
The best way to learn is by personal experience.

Clym Angus

How is the civil law system in the Sudan? He's the number one salesman, he is clearly negligent, isn't it about time his hard work was filling your pay packet?

Sudan eh, mix of common and sharia (interesting) check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_tort_law

annnnnd...

sharia Hmmm tricky maybe Hawala?

It might be worth spending a bit of cash consulting an recognised legal adviser regarding compensation, not just for you but as a combined grievance. At the very least it will give you some leverage to push back. You will have to play hard ball, not only with the individual and the company, also you may wish to decide when to negotiate. If you truly want to fight this then it's up to you to know the ground and know the cost of failure.

He's counting on the fact that you know neither. Down to you, up to you. Fight, or bide your time. No shame in either.

Xenos

Quote from: bicyclebuilder on April 13, 2011, 01:58:32 PM
Quote from: Xenos on April 13, 2011, 01:50:31 PM
#SNIP#

Ah well, c'est la vie.

How to become #1? Eliminate all the competition. When not shure if it's competition, eliminate first, ask questions later. Don't you have/had a hand injury, Xenos? Take good care of your limbs, you only have 5. (that's right 5, don't forget the fifth)

Ya know, I'll be that IS how he became the #1...  Now that I think about it, his department HAS been shorthanded lately...

And yes, fractured pinkey-splint should come off this week.  One thing you should all know-I am VERY prone to injury.  It's just the way I am, not clutzy or whatever, just unlucky/in the wrong place/wrong time.

No no, I keep VERY good care of my 5th limb!  Quite possibly the most important limb I have!

Quote from: Clym Angus on April 13, 2011, 02:12:44 PM
How is the civil law system in the Sudan? He's the number one salesman, he is clearly negligent, isn't it about time his hard work was filling your pay packet?

Unfortunatly, I am not currently in Sudan-It's home though, and always will be.  I WILL go back-I know not when, but I WILL go back (it's a long story...).  But to answer the question anyway-were I there, the problem would have been rectified long ago-the civil law system needs work (and hopefully with the upcoming split, it'll get a  much needed makeover!), but on points such as this it's brutally efficient.  He would lose his job, simple as that.  Whereas here, he may get wrote up, he MIGHT possibly (if the planets align and the great and powerful Cthulhu arises from his slumber to tell them so) have his power equipment card revoked for, oh, a week?  MAYBE two...  So yeah, I'd much rather be back home dealing with this than here in the states...
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Clym Angus

Ok pardon my ignorance, where did this injury happen again?

Xenos

Quote from: Clym Angus on April 13, 2011, 02:31:48 PM

The injury happend in North Carolina (my temporary place of residence), for a Home Improvement Store. 

The biggest issue is not the injury itself (it's a class 1 sprain, nothing that ice, flexeril, and an ace bandage wont solve), but rather the fact he's been allowed to continue doing things like this.  FORTUNATLY, NC is an "At-Will" employment state, meaning they can can his ass for anything, or nothing at all.  UNfortunatly, he's the #1 salesman right now, so disiplenary action from the COMPANY will be next to none, if any.  I have done what I can on that end-again, it's not so much the injury, as the principle, ya know?

I DO know one of my crewmen were calling the store today to talk to the store manager-going straight to the top, as it were...  Still, I doubt much will happen...

Clym Angus

Quote from: Xenos on April 13, 2011, 02:58:12 PM
Quote from: Clym Angus on April 13, 2011, 02:31:48 PM

The injury happend in North Carolina (my temporary place of residence), for a Home Improvement Store. 

The biggest issue is not the injury itself (it's a class 1 sprain, nothing that ice, flexeril, and an ace bandage wont solve), but rather the fact he's been allowed to continue doing things like this.  FORTUNATLY, NC is an "At-Will" employment state, meaning they can can his ass for anything, or nothing at all.  UNfortunatly, he's the #1 salesman right now, so disiplenary action from the COMPANY will be next to none, if any.  I have done what I can on that end-again, it's not so much the injury, as the principle, ya know?

I DO know one of my crewmen were calling the store today to talk to the store manager-going straight to the top, as it were...  Still, I doubt much will happen...

The man needs to be managed. Surely one of the managers there could do as their title suggests and do so? Preferably before the class action law suit? :D

Mercury Wells

You've got a Doctor's report with x-rays?, entry written into company accident book?, no doubt there will be CCTV coverage covering the accident area?, witnesses? go for it.  ;D

[edit]I am not a lawyer, nor ever portraid one in/on any stage, film or even in a novel[/edit]
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

proteus

Over 100 pages! Continue this thread (Mk III) at this spot; I'm locking this one so people will always see this notice at the end, and move to the next "round".
--
"Politics and religion are just like software and hardware. They all suck, the documentation is provably incorrect, and all the vendors tell lies." — Andrew Dalgleish

How To Financially Support Brass Goggles — now with a subscription option!