News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Things that make you go... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! Mk. II

Started by Flynn MacCallister, May 27, 2010, 12:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynn MacCallister

Hopefully no-one beats me to restarting this one.

Marking. GAAAH.

Particularly of my own students. You got a positive for chloride because you used tap water. I wrote on the board, which you could read during the assessment to always use deionised! GAAAH.

The Kernel

I'll share that one with you, except with my post-grads it's all "one to one" discussion and marking, so I get to say it to their face (concentrates the mind beautifully)

Ezra Hogbin

Things that make me say gaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boss!
Couldn't run a vicars' tea party   >:( >:( >:(
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Lady Corsair

Quote from: Ezra Hogbin on May 27, 2010, 02:14:13 PM
Things that make me say gaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boss!
Couldn't run a vicars' tea party   >:( >:( >:(

Is a vicars' tea party easy to run, or they literally couldn't run one?
Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.

Jennette Haber

needing a smog check for the first time ever. everywhere is so expensive and they were all givin horrible reviews by customers >.<

p.s. glad we're keeping this going ^_^
[color=orange]I was beginning to think wishing on stars was just for babies and crazy people... [/color]
lottie(princess and the frog)
The Master List of Steampunk webcomics [/cener

Ezra Hogbin

Quote from: Lady Corsair on May 27, 2010, 03:00:20 PM

Is a vicars' tea party easy to run, or they literally couldn't run one?

Sorry, common quote over here for something so simple it doesn't need to be thought about.
Another connotation is, "Couldn't run a p*ss up in a brewery".
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

RoseOak

I think the metal boning I got is just too wide for the channels in my corset.

Herr Döktor

Quote from: RoseOak on May 27, 2010, 05:33:29 PM

again with the 'it only makes sense here' comments, Roseoak!

My GAAH- trying to glassfibre in a very hot workshop with no ventilation- the resin keeps going off to fast, but at least I've got a respirator...

???

RoseOak

Quote from: Herr Döktor on May 27, 2010, 06:21:39 PM

???

Which is why I only say things like that here  :) You know me well enough.
The  boning thats already in it seems to be holding up pretty well actually so I might not need to change it after all.

Flynn MacCallister

Quote from: Herr Döktor on May 27, 2010, 06:21:39 PM
Quote from: RoseOak on May 27, 2010, 05:33:29 PM

My GAAH- trying to glassfibre in a very hot workshop with no ventilation- the resin keeps going off to fast, but at least I've got a respirator...

???

Why are you doing it inside?

jringling

Probably needs a clean environment... You don't want dirt and trash in your glass....

Indefinitive

I get stuck working on collection calls while everyone else gets to chat with clients. It isn't that I don't like collection calls. I REALLY enjoy them. It's just difficult to sound like a hard-ass bitch when I'm working on a list of our most delinquent clients when I constantly have people laughing at a ridiculous volume right behind me. Somehow I think I sound a lot less threatening when I have a bunch of women giggling in the background.

I also don't have enough time in my work day to pick up the slack of the other trainee who is getting trained alongside me and getting sent to the same location I am. She keeps going out for multiple smoke breaks and asking me to pick up the slack while she makes a new pot of coffee, when she just made one twenty minutes ago, or fixes her makeup. I really hope people begin to see how lazy she is in the next week or so. Maybe she'll stay at that location for more training.

Gaaah.
Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html

Weaver

Modern architecture. Some of it's okay but all too often the result is some hideously soulless monstrosity with about as much class as a plastic bottle,generally made mostly of glass. They're trying to get planning permission for two particuarly horrid examples on the sea front, something to do with 'regeneration'. Gah. Horrible glass blocks don't belong on the sea front. I have to wonder why they keep building things like that, given that no one seems to like them. I've gone past a particuarly hideous one on the train a few times and almost every time I've heard other passengers commenting on how ugly it is.

Plastic windows (long story).

When attractive old buildings get knocked down, particuarly when it's to build the above mentioned monstrosities or mass-produced cardboard dollhouses.

People automatically assuming that newer is better.

People throwing perfectly good stuff away.

Heh, no prizes for guessing why I ended up here.

The Kernel

Non alcoholic Dwile Flonking

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/10186718.stm

Is no part of our culture safe?

(Although I'm not from Norfolk; I've played this game, the best part is - the more you miss, the more you drink, so the more likely you are to miss again!
The trick to success in the competition is to win the first heat
)

Nikola Tesla

Traveling on business when everyone staying near you is on vacation!   GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

They get to sleep in!  You don't!  You know what that means!!!!  >:(
"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.

Kaljaia

Second-guessing everything I have said in the past 24 hours. Especially disconcerting when I know I've had a long informal conversation with a professor in there somewhere, and can't remember half of it.
No, not drunk. Just a really awful sleep-deprived, finals-stressed brain.
Every good "Why" deserves a "Why Not?"

Miss Romwell

Bought some boots online from a company here in the UK, and when they turned up they were so appallingly made for the price I paid for them I nearly screamed. Emailed the company saying I wanted to send them back and get a refund, and after getting confirmation that they'd received the email I've heard nada for days.

I want my bloody money back! Damn you and your shoddy goods! GAHHHHH!!!!
>:(

rovingjack

F-ing blender taking seven tries and sixteen hour to get a render that looks like it should do for the contest but somehow still fails to work when submitted. Seriously it took me maybe three hours of work to learn how to do the things I wanted to do and to do them. I learned about creating hair and colouring it, as well as textures and lighting arrangments in about an hour and a half, and created a fuzzy pink Kittypillar(cross between a cat an a caterpillar) raygun with glowing power cell in the grip, and glowing emitter, lit from the sid and overhead in another hour and a half.

Since then it's been rendered which took as long as making it, fine tuned, rendered, submitted (failed), adjusted, rerendered, submitted (failed), adjusted, rerendered (tweaked out). Quit the program and restarted loading from a save, adjusted and rendered (took forever) quit program started again and simplified the design before submitting again (still pending).

I just don't know why it's freaking out or refusing to submit.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

Alptraum

Quote from: rovingjack on May 29, 2010, 06:07:35 PM
F-ing blender taking seven tries and sixteen hour to get a render that looks like it should do for the contest but somehow still fails to work when submitted. Seriously it took me maybe three hours of work to learn how to do the things I wanted to do and to do them. I learned about creating hair and colouring it, as well as textures and lighting arrangments in about an hour and a half, and created a fuzzy pink Kittypillar(cross between a cat an a caterpillar) raygun with glowing power cell in the grip, and glowing emitter, lit from the sid and overhead in another hour and a half.

Since then it's been rendered which took as long as making it, fine tuned, rendered, submitted (failed), adjusted, rerendered, submitted (failed), adjusted, rerendered (tweaked out). Quit the program and restarted loading from a save, adjusted and rendered (took forever) quit program started again and simplified the design before submitting again (still pending).

I just don't know why it's freaking out or refusing to submit.

I envy you your ability to MAKE THE BLOODY THING DO WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO! Hrmmm.... But please post the images here when you're done!

My Gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!? Not being able to juggle 2 clubs in one hand without slowly rotating anticlockwise... That, and not being able to play this:

Bloody Rachmaninov.. If you listen to it, listen to it LOUD. It doesn't do it justice if it's quiet.

RoseOak

Flynn MacCallister

Quote from: jringling on May 28, 2010, 01:42:57 AM
Probably needs a clean environment... You don't want dirt and trash in your glass....

Never had that problem when building surfboards outdoors....

Flynn MacCallister

Quote from: Alptraum on May 29, 2010, 09:45:20 PM

Bloody Rachmaninov.. If you listen to it, listen to it LOUD. It doesn't do it justice if it's quiet.

I can't even try to play any Rachmaninov. Love it, but I can't physically play it. My handspan is barely an octave. Rachmaninov routinely calls for an octave plus a third or fourth or so. Bastard.

rovingjack

Quote from: Alptraum on May 29, 2010, 09:45:20 PM
Quote from: rovingjack on May 29, 2010, 06:07:35 PM
F-ing blender taking seven tries and sixteen hour to get a render that looks like it should do for the contest but somehow still fails to work when submitted...

I envy you your ability to MAKE THE BLOODY THING DO WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO! Hrmmm.... But please post the images here when you're done!

I should weep, I had to remove many features to get one version that transferred to their system properly. It looked so much better before.
but for now:

I proudly present the most terrifying and devastating weapon to come out of the Gravin Star Empire. Capable of destroying a Gravin Battle synthoids nervous system with even a grazing blow.
http://www.raygunshootout.com/submission/143

Spoiler: ShowHide
the original idea came to me when the challenge was started, the most alien raygun design. So naturally the first few you get involve organic spikey glowing things from HRGieger type scifi. but I asked myself  "What are the chances that we might share similar asthetics with something truely alien?"
To something alien perhaps Kitties and butterflies are terrifying and I could even imagine cat spray and butterflies provinf deadlyto an alien or their ecosystem. So the idea of a raygun that is part kitten and part fuzzy pink cattterpillar amused me greatly.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

RoseOak

Some complete and utter bastards came into our garden last night and we woke to discover they have stolen our 3 black rock chickens, Yevette,Maria and Mimi and 2 of our Bantoms, Colin and Rosie. My mother is nearly beside herself, she loves our chickens.

Its either the local travelers (unlikely as we don't have any around here) or the football club in retaliation for us complaining about their noise.

Thor

Quote from: Flynn MacCallister on May 30, 2010, 03:01:10 AM
I can't even try to play any Rachmaninov. Love it, but I can't physically play it. My handspan is barely an octave. Rachmaninov routinely calls for an octave plus a third or fourth or so. Bastard.

I can't play anything above an octave on one hand either, and I can barely play the octave.  I've got quite short fingers for a bass player, I remember when I started I could only fret across the first four frets  :-\ Now it's 1-5 which is okay, and 5-12 on a guitar if I need to  ;)
So when times are hard and life is rough, you can stick the kettle on and find me a cup...
You can find me at facebook Here