News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 2)

Started by Gin-Soaked, June 20, 2010, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gin-Soaked

Hehe! I have taken the opportunity to create Volume 2 of the legendary 'Playing Dress Up' thread.

Here goes!

Spoiler: ShowHide

Your turn!

Gin.

Capt. Dirigible

What's happened to the original Playing Dress Up thread?? It seems to have disappeared completely!!
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

Gin-Soaked

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on June 20, 2010, 09:24:19 PM
What's happened to the original Playing Dress Up thread?? It seems to have disappeared completely!!

It has been archived my friend! It is now called "The Steam Gallery Volume 1". It should still be in the stickies though.

Gin.

(It wasn't me! :D)

randomjedi_1138

Couldn't resist this shot, one of my favourites from last Whitby:

"Why Ambassador, with these lime and orange tic-tacs you are really spoiling us!"
Baron Redmond Asmodeus Maycock - Ship's Ambassadoer, HMAS Discombobulus
Freelance Investigator of the Eldritch, Otherworldly and Unusual / *Purveyor of fine Teas*

RoseOak

Have we lost the post your picture thread as well?
Oh well
Me playing with my new toy. A  flintlock pistol lighter purchased for 50p

SirMuffin

a drawing, not a photo. hope thats ok.

just a rough sketch, and I enjoyed making it.

H. MacHinery

Quote from: RoseOak on June 20, 2010, 10:33:24 PM
Oh well

NO! Not the cat!

:o

Dr. Zedrich Heretic

Sir Muffin, Hello.

That is a very nice sketch you have there.  Would you be interested in the 2 D art thread at all?  Its where most of the drawing types around here go to post things, lots of neat artwork in there.
"Tomorrow will take us away, far from home, no one will ever know our names.

But the bard songs will remain..."

SirMuffin

thank you. I was trying to find a place for posting pics and art, and this was the best I could find.

Stella Gaslight

Hi Gin-Soaked is completely right the first playing dress up thread and the post your picture threads have been archived and are going to be trimmed of chatter in to what I feel will be one of the finest steampunk galleries.  That will take me a while because my connection is running slower that dial up but I will get it done.   Nothing has been lost in fact I think when I am done we will have gained a lot.  If you have any questions please email me, right now it is taking me around an hour or so to get pms to load. At around 100 pages this one will be archived as well to ease navigation and server load.

I was thinking of starting the new thread myself but I figured someone else might get a kick out of setting it off and have fewer issues doing so.  Hopefully my internet will be up and running instead of crawling by next weekend and I can really get started polishing up the archived gallery..
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

Gin-Soaked

Quote from: Stella Gaslight on June 21, 2010, 04:51:07 AM
but I figured someone else might get a kick out of setting it off and have fewer issues doing so

Too right! :D

Gin.

darkshines

Me in Brum a couple of weeks ago, grinning manically with my Pulsoconn!

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

RoseOak

Quote from: H. MacHinery on June 21, 2010, 12:23:08 AM
Quote from: RoseOak on June 20, 2010, 10:33:24 PM
Oh well

NO! Not the cat!

:o

I was actually bending down to de ant the calendula when Tango came up and started to nuzzle it. I couldn't resist taking a pic

Countessa Lenora

Quote from: darkshines on June 21, 2010, 07:06:12 AM

You look lovely and devious all at the same time - brilliant!
Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk

William Ichabod Dachary

Capt. Dirigible

I make no apologies for re-posting these pics. They were only on the original dressing up thread for less than a day before they were 'archived'.

Ok..so last weekend the Countess and I along with some pals attended the Aftermath Ball in Salisbury. As mentioned elsewhere it's a masked ball and the theme was post apocalyptic. The dress code gave us the choice of three 'tribes': 'Warriors', 'Mutants' and 'Hiders' (Hiders being basically steampunk in all but name).

So I had a kinda air pirate thing going on...yes, yes I know..I have a really crap ray-gun..try not to focus on that, please.

The Countess opted for the Warrior tribe

Some of our friends..
The lovely Cecile..always looks amazing

Rob and Aly (vampyresheep on BG)

The Countess, Kat and Sal

The obligatory 'duelling' shot

The organisers were going round all night chatting to people and judging outfits/costumes. They then picked a best dressed male and female to be named 'King and Queen of the Ball'. Kat (with the pink spikey hair in the centre of the above picture was awarded the Queen's prize..the King can be seen here!

Chuffed to bits or wot?

Engineer

Captain Dirigible - you all look great. Congratulations on winning the prize.

Engineer

As with Captain Dirigible's post, this one was up for even less than his one. Take a look at the video of the ride on the steam carriage - steampunk days out don't get much more fun than this!

We've uploaded some video footage onto Youtube of The League of Bournemouth Steampunks' day out at the Beaulieu Steam Revival

On the carousel :

Carousel.avi

Riding on the 1875 Grenville Steam Carriage :

Steam Carriage.avi

This is the wonderful machine we were riding :

Capt. Dirigible

Engineer..was that 'Carters Original Steam Fair'?

darkshines

Quote from: Countessa Lenora on June 21, 2010, 11:28:37 AM
Quote from: darkshines on June 21, 2010, 07:06:12 AM

You look lovely and devious all at the same time - brilliant!

Thank you darling!
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Engineer

@ Capt. Dirigible - The fair wasn't Carters. I think they were independant attractions (speedway and gallopers rides, plus a fairground organ) chosen to give a good quality feel for old fairgrounds without crowding the area with too much. Also they enabled the impressive set of immaculate Anderton and Rowland showman's engines to do what they were designed for - generate the electricity for the rides.

Best news is that Beaulieu had such a good response from both public and exhibitors that they are doing the whole thing again on the same weekend next year (1st weekend of June).

Ulrich von Aidanstein

Here is a pic of me at Supanova in Sydney. Unfortunately I did not get my mechanical octopus animal companion finished in time, so I will post one of the whole outfit when it is completed!

Please excuse the gormless grin!  ???

Aidan
The Baron Ulrich von Aidanstein- Financier, philanthropist and inventor of the highest regard!

Flynn MacCallister

Quote from: Ulrich von Aidanstein on June 22, 2010, 05:44:02 AM
Here is a pic of me at Supanova in Sydney. Unfortunately I did not get my mechanical octopus animal companion finished in time, so I will post one of the whole outfit when it is completed!

Please excuse the gormless grin!  ???

Aidan

How was it?

Ulrich von Aidanstein

Argh I can't seem to get a decent sized pic to show up no matter what I upload to photobucket...

Quote from: Flynn MacCallister on June 22, 2010, 05:45:40 AM
Quote from: Ulrich von Aidanstein on June 22, 2010, 05:44:02 AM

Please excuse the gormless grin!  ???

Aidan

How was it?

Eh it was alright if you are really into anime etc  :-\  Good to see more steampunks this year though! ;D
The Baron Ulrich von Aidanstein- Financier, philanthropist and inventor of the highest regard!

Vagabond GentleMan

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.