News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 2)

Started by Gin-Soaked, June 20, 2010, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herr Döktor

Quote from: Flynn MacCallister on July 07, 2010, 05:06:10 AM
Hey look! The first photo of me I've ever posted on this site! And it's a dreadful one! And it's not even steampunk! But it's a photo of me! There's hardly any of them in existence!

Spoiler: ShowHide

It's from a dinner party at a friend's place. Yes, I'm wearing jeans. I was wearing a skirt before, but decided trousers would be better to walk home... then someone took a photo.

By the way, does anyone else have a tendency to type "spolier" instead of "spoiler"?

Crikey! Flynn's female! And shapely!! And attractive!!!

Howcumzit's taken over three years for this to happen?!? Anyway, at least there's some corsetry involved...

PS: Soplier, sploier, spolier, sopelir- given my tendency to scribble, who'd notice?

The Squire

Quote from: Kayt on July 07, 2010, 07:39:09 PM

I say! Those eyes! Like two pieces of neon turquoise. Striking. Beautiful.

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."

Flynn MacCallister

Quote from: Herr Döktor on July 07, 2010, 08:02:06 PM

Howcumzit's taken over three years for this to happen?!? Anyway, at least there's some corsetry involved...

PS: Soplier, sploier, spolier, sopelir- given my tendency to scribble, who'd notice?

What, you didn't believe me? >_o

*Blushes*

It's taken over three years because, well, people just don't take photos. That is actually the first photograph that has been taken of me in the last three years, other than a few silly family gathering ones my Nanna took (from which I can't really extract a picture of just me...) and my graduation photos.

Quote from: TribalWren on July 07, 2010, 07:56:17 PM

*YAY* for your first photo!  ;D
Awww, you're really a beautiful lady Miss MacCallister! Oh and it's a lovely picture of you too!  :)

Um...but that spolier thing is just plain weird.....>JOKES!<  ;) I wish that I could type 'the' as 'the' and not as 'teh'. ¬¬ I mean the h is right by the t- HOW does it even happen?! O_o lol.

D'aaaw, thanks. ^__^

Cpt. Tobias Warde

Quote from: Flynn MacCallister on July 07, 2010, 11:41:46 PM

*Blushes*

It's taken over three years because, well, people just don't take photos. That is actually the first photograph that has been taken of me in the last three years, other than a few silly family gathering ones my Nanna took (from which I can't really extract a picture of just me...) and my graduation photos.

Hehe sounds like what happens with me - no-one takes photographs around me, and having a natural tendency to hide most of the time doesn't help matters.

It's a nice picture you have there, and you've a lovely smile :)

...You do remind me of someone I know though, can't place whom...

G-Man, Half-life 2, Episode 2:
"There was a time when they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"

helios

Quote from: The Squire on July 07, 2010, 10:56:41 PM

I'm not allowed to look into her eyes anymore. I get lost in them too easily...
In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

Flynn MacCallister

Quote from: Cpt. Tobias Warde on July 08, 2010, 12:13:22 AM
Quote from: Flynn MacCallister on July 07, 2010, 11:41:46 PM

*Blushes*

Hehe sounds like what happens with me - no-one takes photographs around me, and having a natural tendency to hide most of the time doesn't help matters.

It's a nice picture you have there, and you've a lovely smile :)

...You do remind me of someone I know though, can't place whom...

Yeah, I don't hide or anything... I just don't have many of the the sort of friends who need to take a photo every five minutes to put on Facebook! >_o

Joking, joking. It's more that digital cameras get destroyed pretty readily when you're all working with high voltage equipment. >_o

Aaaw, thanks! ^__^

Hm. I don't think I remind you of me, at least... I haven't been to the UK since I was about ten years old.

AlandraD

Yearly photo time? Very well. From my last elephant hunt.

Cpt. Tobias Warde

As well dressed and beautiful as you are...I do not think I can condone or approve of elephant hunting.

Poor things.

(Goodness me, we are being visited by the 'beautiful Ladies with beautiful smiles' Brigade lately. Lucky us!)

G-Man, Half-life 2, Episode 2:
"There was a time when they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"

Kayt

Quote from: helios on July 08, 2010, 12:18:10 AM
Quote from: The Squire on July 07, 2010, 10:56:41 PM

I'm not allowed to look into her eyes anymore. I get lost in them too easily...

Thank you both. ^.^

Flynn, you remind me of Lorna Doone from the A&E miniseries of the same name. Very pretty.
"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

OswaldBastable

Quote from: greatestescaper on July 05, 2010, 09:47:01 PM
Finally wore my recently acquired shirt, vest, trousers and duster.  Though I am still in need of a frock.

I believe the phrase on your side of the water is Badass  8)
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

greatestescaper

Thank you, OswaldBastable.  I am considering towards the end of summer ordering a second duster so that I might add some leather armor to it.  I am also working on a leather plate to use in place of the bib of my bib-front shirt (which I have yet to get a really good photo of).  When dressed so elegantly my dad asks if i caught the train-robbers, when I'm in the bib-front or my heavy leather vest he tells me to avoid shooting someone while I make that withdrawal at the bank via my six-shooter.
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -Baron Munchausen

Major Wolfram Quicksilver

'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'

Samuel Crowe

Major, that sucks! Can you put som bigger pictures in there? The boots look great! I'm digging the outfit, subdubed but awesome looking!
Samuel Crowe

Adventurer of Science, Explorer of the Arcane.

Many thanks Mr Crowe.  The boots are actually brown 'Chelsea' boots, and a pair of horse riding half-chaps/gaiters.

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'

tophatdan

Quote from: Major Wolfram Quicksilver on July 09, 2010, 05:23:50 PM
Shock! Horror!  No Goggles!

oh that is quite nice, i have a boer war getup myself, the only difference is that i wear my modern knee high snake boots with it instead of the traditional browns and gators you have there...
you gotta love livin babe, cause dyin is a pain in the ass -----
frank sinatra

Samuel Crowe

Yeah, it looked like there was a definite line between the foot and the calf. You were just too stingey with your pictures though. I'd love to see a better of shot of the belt if you've got it.

Quote from: Major Wolfram Quicksilver on July 09, 2010, 08:37:29 PM
Many thanks Mr Crowe.  The boots are actually brown 'Chelsea' boots, and a pair of horse riding half-chaps/gaiters.
Samuel Crowe

Adventurer of Science, Explorer of the Arcane.

Quote from: Samuel Crowe on July 09, 2010, 10:55:27 PM
Yeah, it looked like there was a definite line between the foot and the calf. You were just too stingey with your pictures though. I'd love to see a better of shot of the belt if you've got it.

Quote from: Major Wolfram Quicksilver on July 09, 2010, 08:37:29 PM
It's a traditional Sam Brown, just with some old leather pouches.  The chest pouch is specific for the belt, and dates pre-WW1.

Stella Gaslight

Quote from: Honeythorn on July 04, 2010, 09:50:59 AM
Not steampunk but seeing as someone decided to be a twat and remove the usual post your picture thread ( for what reason exactly? ) I'll have to post it here instead.

The twat was the off topic mod and he moved it to anatomical because a lot of the shots were steampunk in nature,  Now that thread is a part of the steam gallery volume one and being pared down in to a picture only thread because they were getting hard to navigate and were a strain on the servers.  The combined thread was over 970 pages so you can see why we would want to start a fresh one.  If you want another off topic picture thread I suggest you ask Sir Nick or just make one. 
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

Honeythorn

I don't care who it was, it's irritating and I'm not alone in those thoughts.

In which case I suggest an announcement be made in the section a thread once resided when things of that nature are done. I'm not the first person to ask or wonder where this or that thread has gone, and it would save a lot of people a lot of wasted time looking for a thread that was there the day before or whenever.  >:(
<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·

Dorian Ambrose

Quote from: Honeythorn on July 11, 2010, 08:16:48 PM
I don't care who it was, it's irritating and I'm not alone in those thoughts.

In which case I suggest an announcement be made in the section a thread once resided when things of that nature are done. I'm not the first person to ask or wonder where this or that thread has gone, and it would save a lot of people a lot of wasted time looking for a thread that was there the day before or whenever.  >:(

I absolutely agree.

And furthermore.. All the "lets combine these mildly related threads" BS that seems to be the new trend here, is about the worst idea ever.
When things work, don't mess with it.

If a thread is to big, trim it. It is the simplest solution, and the best.

Stella Gaslight

But it was moved to anatomical months and months ago. When ever we move threads there are redirect links that stay up for quite a while as long as the tread is not sticky.(the forum is not playing nice with stickies at the moment so we can't do much on that front.)  All moved threads show up in the search and in google for that matter but if you still can't find it why not pm a mod?   That is how I found out the master goggels thread was havering issues staying sticky that I was able to fix.  That way there is no lost time or annoyance and if the forum is having hiccups we can sort them out.

As far as announcing things I did. In both of the combined threads, this one and the engine room where people were complaining about the length and amount of chatter in those threads making them nearly imposable to find what they needed in them.  The thread was not working plain and simple so I am trimming it.  The new thread was up within about 10 to 15 minuets of the old one being locked so no one missed the opportunity to post.

As far as the post your picture thread goes why not make another in off topic?  As far as I know the old one was moved because it had changed in to something like playing dress up the 2nd and thus belonged here.  They were only merged after they were both closed in order to have a unified gallery that would show off the best of anatomical rather than have two very similar galleries.  As long as the new thread contained only off topic pictures I don't know why it would be moved.

Look for me on Etsy

Dorian Ambrose

Quote from: Stella Gaslight on July 11, 2010, 09:15:55 PM
As far as the post your picture thread goes why not make another in off topic?  As far as I know the old one was moved because it had changed in to something like playing dress up the 2nd and thus belonged here.  They were only merged after they were both closed in order to have a unified gallery that would show off the best of anatomical rather than have two very similar galleries.  As long as the new thread contained only off topic pictures I don't know why it would be moved.

And who will be the judge of that?
Simply by wearing a specific outfit or even just a few articles of clothing, a picture that I see as off topic, could very well be seen as steampunk by someone else.

I for one, will not be posting pictures any more, unless I have absolutely no doubt that they are in the right thread and falls 100% within the parameters of that thread.

The combined threads might make the number and location of threads easier to handle, but the threads themselves end up as one big mess of unrelated junk.

Stella Gaslight

Well I let the posters themselves decide for the most part.  Honeythorn was able to decide for herself if her own pictures were steampunk after all.  The off topic thread as I understand it was more for non costumed pictures or things like (useing myself as an example) Sweet lolita dresses or non steampunk costumes rather than anything that remotely looked like steampunk and would be welcomed in this thread.   I won't remove any pics from here unless the poster themselves asks me but she said she wanted the other thread so I was explaining why the original one was moved. 

I am working at making the locked combined gallery thread less of a mess but I also have a full time job and am in the middle of moving so I don't get as much time to work on that as I like.  I did prune around 50 or 60 pages full of one line statements and broken links down in to 10 pages of pictures that are easy to browse tho and I am happy about that.

The threads were not merged until after they were locked and I did state in each thread that they would be combined and that people were welcomed to make replacements.

Look for me on Etsy

BaronPablo

Steampunks in San Antonio! I'm the chap with the beard.
Mr. Saturday of Mr. Saturday & Sixpence, Gentlemen-For-Hire!
AetherFest, Texas' Oldest Steampunk Convention, Chairman
San Antonio Neo-Victorian Association, Chairman

The Squire

Quote from: BaronPablo on July 12, 2010, 01:18:58 AM

Steampunks in San Antonio! I'm the chap with the beard.

Baron, that is great photo of Texas Steampunks. Was this a special event?
"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."