News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The rocket pack collective thread

Started by maduncle, March 24, 2011, 11:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Insidious T BoneHammer

Dangerously Ostentatious Rocket Kreators Society    has a nice ring to it.  Trying to find a suitable tank myself. 
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Maets

Beware of the DORKS.  Somehow that's just not right.

Maets

Maduncle:
Just got my Number 1.  Many, many thanks!  I'll post some pictures in a few days. 

r_is_for_rachel

Quote from: Maets on April 20, 2011, 01:08:41 AM
Maduncle:
Just got my Number 1.  Many, many thanks!  I'll post some pictures in a few days. 

yeah, recieved Number 4 ! thanks!

Herr Döktor

I am now the proud owner of a large number 2.

:)

bicyclebuilder

Quote from: Herr Döktor on April 20, 2011, 08:25:43 AM

Well done! Shake twice and don't forget to put the seat down.  ;D
(sorry, couldn't stop a wee pun)

Back on topic, nice rocket packs everyone!
The best way to learn is by personal experience.

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: Herr Döktor on April 20, 2011, 08:25:43 AM

Lovely..thanks for sharing!

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

bicyclebuilder

maduncle

And to complete the picture - I was recently seen sporting my rocket pack in public with number three attached.

(Although the three is on the other side!)
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

Smaggers

Why do I keep thinking of cigarette cards?
"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk

Herr Döktor

That's tight, Smaggers, keep adding to your workload...

;)

Dr Insidious T BoneHammer

What is a cigarette card?  Is that like a baseball card?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: Dr Insidious T BoneHammer on April 20, 2011, 12:46:42 PM
What is a cigarette card?  Is that like a baseball card?

Cigarette cards were collectable cards that used to come free inside packets of cigarettes (not surprisingly given their name). They  stopped doing it years ago and so  full sets of cigarette cards are now very collectable. They would come in a variety of themes like sports men of the day (Footballers, cricketers and rugby players mostly)..vintage cars..planes..flags of all nations..and military uniforms for example. They were slightly smaller than baseball cards usually measuring about one and a half inches by about three inches.
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

Smaggers

Fairly particular style of illustration as well, usually watercolour line and wash, or pastel, or hand tinted photos.
"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk

Dr cornelius quack

Player's Airforce Cut??

Some things can only be one colour.

A light dusting of weathered BRG added to the pack frame and some added mesh work to keep the hot bits away from the tender regions.
Such are the feeble bases on which many a public character rests.

Today, I am two, separate Gorillas.

pyxlboy

I am about to embark on a mission to create a rocket pack...
it will be a prop (there will be 3 of them) in a home theater I'm working on
that is based on an airship.
My drawings are usually just kind of a starting place for my pieces and
I'm sure this one will be no different!

Maets

pyxlboy - Welcome to the Rocket Pack Collective.
Based on your sign, you should have no problem creating a great rocket pack.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Maets

Another photo of my second rocket pack with the helmet I made for use in the test flight photos.  I have since changed the color scheme on the helmet a little. Not sure if I like it.  My third rocket packet is almost complete. Just waiting for the paint to dry so I can attach the straps.

Dr cornelius quack

He's got THREE!!??

'Mister President!! We cannot allow  a Rocket Pack Gap!!'
Such are the feeble bases on which many a public character rests.

Today, I am two, separate Gorillas.

Otto Von Pifka

half the fun for the cig cards would be the branding on the other side.
a lung full of whimsy, along with that warm medicinal curing action of all that healthful smoke. everyone knows coughing is good for you, most invigorating!

I have been totally blocked on making a pack, can't find anything that looks even remotely rocketish. bah humbug.

maduncle

Quote from: Otto Von Pifka on April 26, 2011, 07:53:17 AM
half the fun for the cig cards would be the branding on the other side.
a lung full of whimsy, along with that warm medicinal curing action of all that healthful smoke. everyone knows coughing is good for you, most invigorating!

I have been totally blocked on making a pack, can't find anything that looks even remotely rocketish. bah humbug.

Brass fire extinguishers are good for cylinders.

Brass chandeliers are good for trumpets and pipework.

I love the new ideas that are flying around on this thread - I look forward to issuing more numbers to new rocket packs (and yes people with three packs can have more numbers!).
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

bicyclebuilder

Or, buy a real jet pack and paint it brass. Add a few fake gears and you're done.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Only $100,000

Herr Döktor

Well, that looks both practical and affordable!

;)

I've tried my hand at some brass etching, so It's fairly inevitable that my pack will have a nice brass makers plate...

Maets

Here is my rocket pack number three on its display stand.  I was inspired by Maduncles use of red.  This is made from muffler parts and candlesticks. It is the smallest and simplest of the three.  This one is designed to be test fired like my second rocket pack.

Here are the three of them together.

Mr Addams

Quote from: maduncle on April 26, 2011, 10:30:32 AM

I love the new ideas that are flying around on this thread - I look forward to issuing more numbers to new rocket packs (and yes people with three packs can have more numbers!).

I thought that the consensus was that the nimbers should be issued as a registration of builders, rather than individual rocket packs.

Quote from: Maets on March 30, 2011, 12:28:39 AM
Quote from: mehall on March 30, 2011, 12:18:20 AM
I think it makes more sense to have the racer, rather than the rocket, determine the reg. number for the series.

I guess I would agree.  Never mind my previous.
Thanks!

In my humble opinion, that would be the best way.

I now have almost all of the components that I need. I just have to wait until I can afford some paint and plumbing parts, a fan and metal flower bowl, before I start putting my creation together.