News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!

Started by The Sammy, April 10, 2011, 02:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manix

@ Gregson, I will admit that I may have cheated 'a little' when building my boats as Longeye provided me with infinite wool and dye for mine, I do not think there are enough sheep on the map to create my boats.

So its stands to reason that as long as people are dedicated to the cause and are sure they wont get bored, he could do so again for the city and Im hoping my next boat.

I would build it in a natural body of water but I am yet to find one long or deep enough (300x25x10).
[Still excited by the prospect of building a big boat-not sure why]

@Long eye, that may well have been the case but it does not account for parts of the stone boilers missing.
Another thought...lightning?
When the hull flooded the lava turned to obsidian so there is no risk of a repeat.
Non the less the ship is back as it was, and it now has a rather large friend moored next to it.

The Corsair

By the way, the wool house is basically warehouse 13 for wool, dye and bone meal
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Gunner Gregson

im going to be expanding my new project down.
its going to be 1-2 blocks above bedrock, and size im not sure (im thinking city of ember)
hopefully looking for a quick reply so i can dig it out and use the cobblestone to finish the castle

GG
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

The Sammy

Sounds like an epic project :D Good luck with that XD
~Longeye~

The Sammy

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!
I'm adding a new section to the website to showcase buildings. I'll run this, but what I want are the following;
IF you want a building added (on a per-building basis not per builder) tell me which one.
WHEN you do, I'll add you to the building list, make a separate page for it and take some images (maybe put a small map section highlighting it.
IF this happens and you WANT to, you can write a piece about it and I'll put that on the page as well, if you want you can ALSO take pictures for me to add.
This will showcase buildings quite nicely I think! What do you think? :D

OF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE (I like shouting...) PM me your project (location please, I get lost easily), if you'll write a little bit for it, if you'll provide your own screenshots. Failing either of the previous and I'll put some in myself, and you can change your mind any time you want.
~Longeye~

Dr. makebot

Love the idea  :) would you mind showing off my submarines on the page?
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

The Sammy

Not at all, PM me with the stuff I amended that post to include :D
Because I'm not forgetful! Not at- BUTTER :D
~Longeye~

Gunner Gregson

Quote from: Augustus Longeye on May 02, 2011, 06:43:51 PM
Sounds like an epic project :D Good luck with that XD
~Longeye~

its going to be a 'work over time' project, after building the castle i have realised i dont like building externally. quick sketch up of plans and i ran out of paper (not sure if thats a good or bad sign)

i love the idea of a showcase page
ill sort out some pics and a little write up soon

GG

The Sammy

Fair enough Gregson, you know how to get hold of me. Everyone else is welcome to chose (if they want a page) whether I should write it up (I'll be more descriptive of actual stuff) or you want to (you can make up a story behind it, see the temple for an example). Pictures should be in light unless night makes it more dramatic... try to show it off a bit though!
~Longeye~

The Sammy

With regards to the Stargate Mod, has anyone tried building a new pair of gates and testing if they work? If so then it's forgotten the gate network (possibly by wiping the file as I suspect) and there is NOTHING I can do to fix it I'm afraid (as it logs coordinates of gates and a few other permissions that I can't replicate without being at the gate) and I'll just have to rebuild each gate to fix the network.
If, upon this testing, the 'new pair' DON'T work then we are, I'm afraid to say, screwed. I've got nothing after this.
Lastly the site is crap looking, I know. I'm using a basic theme as I can't make one right now... in a few days I'll have my own theme created that should look a little better :D
Any suggestions are welcome.
~Longeye~

Manix

I had a little look at the site and noticed you are using a texture pack LongEye, Im not sure if that style will compliment my boats so im gonna grab some shots myself. Wnat the links PMed or shalll I put them up here in the form of a spoiler?

edit: also, ill go try the stargate mod again with a couple new gates.

The Corsair

As far as buildings go could you add the resort and the dock longeye?
I'll ask you to add a wool house and hospital later but I want to write the summaries for those myself.

In other news, the first designer house is complete and is claimable. I am happy to expand it if the owner thinks it could do with more room (or more rooms :D )
I won't be doing exterior decorations (flowers, fences, paths) so the owners can add them as they please.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Sammy

Well done Corsair, it's looking nice! I'll add the docks tonight probably, resort may take a little longer but I'm happy to add it as well.

Manix! If you want to do it yourself (and save me a bit of work ;)) by all means do, if you take the shots and anything else you want and then email it to me (augustus.longeye@gmail.com) then I can upload them to my hosting site, which makes it a little easier to deal with. You can upload them wherever else you want, but if you (for example) put it on another image hosting site I'll most likely upload my own copy. Up to you :D
~Longeye~

Manix

stargate tests arent going well unless im doing it wrong, is each gate supposed to have a sign and a button or 2 signs Im confused.

The Sammy

One sign, no button. Each gate should be a regular nether gate with a sign on the middle block on one of the sides. The top line should be the name (less than 12 characters) and that's it. If the mod works, the button will appear on it's own.
~Longeye~

Gunner Gregson

i recreated the NO ENTRY!!!! gate a little while back, the little message came up saying "gate created"
all you have to do by the looks of it is to 'knock off' the sign and put it back?? it comes up with the "gate created" message after doing it

ill go mess about with them now.

GG

Gunner Gregson

Stargates are sorted.

Just smash off the sign and put it back adding the name again.
ill head off and do as many as i can (if i know where they are)

GG

The Sammy

Thank Gregson, that solves a lot of worries. I'll give you a hand when  I can get back on, the map should be useful as Obsidian gates tend to stick out a little... :P
~Longeye~

Manix

Hey guys, side note:

I have had yet another boat related idea for a build but this one is a little different.

Its a story/role play mission style build.

Details below

Spoiler: ShowHide
You will enter through a stargate where there will be a chest and a part of the story setting. You will deposit ALL your items in the chest and set this room as home before continuing. The door that follows is one way and cannot be opened from the other side.

You will use only the items provided along the way and take only 1 of each.

Your mission will be to escape the wreck of the SS Ocean Angel alive and as a side mission if you want, figure out the story as to why she sank.

Along the way there will be signs that relate to specific spoilers in a thread I will post on the forum (as you cant type much on 4 lines of a sign) for the nice in depth story.

It will be enter at your own risk so Im hoping longeye will let me set some fire/falling/general pain traps to make it a bit more interesting.

(P.S there WILL be mobs so you WILL be fighting your way out)

The end (escape) will be set on the deck of the ship where a helicopter (helicopter shaped stargate) will whisk you away to safety at which point you can recover your items and get on with your life.

The story is not yet complete and if you want to put any ideas towards it there is a thread for that below:

Its going to be a build with a difference. :D

Gunner Gregson

Stargates that have been 'fixed'

Spawn
Flatlands
Resort
Pirate Cove
Coliseum
NO ENTRY!!!
Wetlands
Design
Winter
Longeye
Submarine

ill update as i fix more

GG

*EDIT*
there are probably more and i apologise that i havent fixed them, i have been using the map (thanks for the tip Longeye) so any hidden gates or those built inside i have not fixed.

The Sammy

I think that was the vast brunt of them... there was one by the submarine behind the city, one in my house (DON'T GO IN! Lava problem I haven't quite fixed at time of posting) and then the mine (which I'll fix). Apart from that you've got them all, thanks a lot Gregson!
Manix, I am quite happy for you to set traps as long as they won't damage the city, there is no TnT and you give people warning that they might die if they go in (in the first room they arrive in would be perfect). Remember to let the Stargate dial out so as not to trap people forever.
Lastly, Gregson is now an administrator, please listen to him as if it were a slightly less mad/pyromaniacle me :P
~Longeye~

Manix

No worries long eye, this is gonna be built in a snowy area near my current  build (NW of city). The first room will have plenty of warnings and will be able to dial out.

also....less pyromaniacle? doesn't he have a castle filled with lava?

PS, nice going on the stargates Gregson, have you established weather or not the craftbook stuff can be built? I think it might be an op/mod only thing as Gregson was able to fix a stargate after I had been trying for a while.

Gunner Gregson

oops i fixed the stargate before reading the post, sorry, didnt see any isses with lava. but it was a quick in and out operation (lol)

i can certainly stick a Stargate near your Boat House, but i will be honest and say im not sure where that is, give me a shout in game or a better idea of the location and ill sort it

GG

Gunner Gregson

Quote from: Manix on May 03, 2011, 06:12:53 PM
No worries long eye, this is gonna be built in a snowy area near my current  build (NW of city). The first room will have plenty of warnings and will be able to dial out.

also....less pyromaniacle? doesn't he have a castle filled with lava?

PS, nice going on the stargates Gregson, have you established weather or not the craftbook stuff can be built? I think it might be an op/mod only thing as Gregson was able to fix a stargate after I had been trying for a while.

im not sure on 'right's' but im hoping we can get it sorted

and yes my castle is filled with lava but only fell in twice  :D maybe the not so Pyromaniacle part is stretching it a bit.

there is also a bridge down on the docks that is 'buggy' the distance is unfortunately too far.

GG

Dr. makebot

oh, that bridge was an experiment of mine to see if a bridge could be made that far, I will take it down when I get a moment.
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.