News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!

Started by The Sammy, April 10, 2011, 02:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corsair

Gentlemen, the first designer house is complete !
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Sammy

I'll leave the first one for someone else Corsair, but good work on it!
I've found a few mods that might interest people;
firstly we were having a discussion about lighting towers a few days ago, and there is now a mod that can let you build a tower of iron and it will attract lightning strikes to it within a certain radius :D What do you think of it? Worth getting?
The second is one I am want to install... a tree will break like a cactus when the bottom block is destroyed. It only affects the wood bits, and they'll all drop blocks, but it means no more having half a tree floating in the air. Leaves decay as normal. Unless there is strong opposition to this I'll add it later.
The last one is a biggie.
I'm not sure about installing this, I just thought it was a very cool idea for a mod and wanted to share it. If people like it I will add it, but if not I shan't.
The mod adds the ability to become a Vampire. Not some sparkly half-a**s thing, but a proper bloody needing vampire (though you can eat cows). The whole process is a little long so the link is here (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-fun-vampire-v1-4-1-add-the-horror-of-vampires-to-your-server-617.7377/) and I'll summarise here;
- Vampires have a 'pool' of blood that decreases and needs to be refilled (from humans or animal)
- When they have blood they regenerate health and can use other abilities
- When they are low on bloody (below 50) they loose health
- They take sun damage unless under a 'ceiling' of non-transparent blocks (or 4 leaves)
- They can infect others
- The only way to remove it is at a 'good alter'
- It can be caught from vampires or at a 'bad alter'
That's all, carry on folks :P
~Longeye~

Gunner Gregson

i like the tree mod, i have stumbled across some floating trees and finished them off. this would help alot.
the lightning im unsure, looks like a 'pretty' mod rather than a useful one.
Vampires - nice mod but can see it getting old quick, might be best to hold off on that one

GG / Ananias S. Wildwire
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

Manix

Im with Gregson on this, I love the trees thing, the lightning thing will be very pretty but not convinced on the vampires.

Also...whats going on with the server? Still cant access stargates because of DENIED im not sure but I dont think craft book is working properly either or it might just be the 'free' signs that dont. Also the home and back commands are still out.

Sorry If you are already aware I just thought maybe you had fixed them.

Regards Manix

The Sammy

Stargates are pissing me off I must admit. I can't find anything wrong with them, it just doesn't seem to think anybody has permission to build/use them now, even though you all DO have the permissions (even I can't now with Admin/OP rights at full). Home/back should be working, you have the permissions and I've been able to use it... did you set a home position? They'll have been reset now.
As for signs I think any existing sign (free ones, not craftbook ones) will need remaking, and you might need a new additional permission as it went through an update and I haven't had time to trawl through the thousands (actually around 70) permissions essentials can potentially use *sigh* I'll get onto it as soon as I can.
~Longeye~

Manix

I have tried the /back and /home and even reset my home but still no joy :(

The Sammy

Right, I'll look into it then... Might be more problems with permissions.
Thanks for checking,
~Longeye~

crion

I feel stupid i started building a whole mine/mountain dwelling only to die and not remember how to get back.
If anyone finds a door on the side of a mountain please let me know.

Gunner Gregson

Quote from: crion on May 04, 2011, 06:42:31 PM
I feel stupid i started building a whole mine/mountain dwelling only to die and not remember how to get back.
If anyone finds a door on the side of a mountain please let me know.

cant say i have.

im testing the server and its mods currently, i have made a list of what does and doesnt work.

if i could ask everyone to be patient whilst it gets fixed that would be great. Longeye is doing his best.

we are still able to dig and build on the server which is great, the worst case scenario is we we ditch the stargates and use minecarts instead, i know its alot of work but im sure it can be done.

Ananias S. Wildwire 
GG
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

The Sammy

Just a note guys, DO NOT USE "/time set 0" ANYMORE! Seriously, the server hates it and restarts. It's only started doing this today, so I don't know why yet, but in the meantime "/time [day/night]" works again, so you can use that.
Working on the mods still, I'll let you know when I make some progress.
~Longeye~

The Sammy

Right, gates are down. You don't like it, I don't like it but tough. It sounds rude but I've been wading through hundreds of lines of configuration, hundreds more of errors and various Java exceptions... dozens of websites telling me what these exceptions are (and a few I think Notch made because I can't find them anywhere) and I've got NOTHING. At all. It should work, it doesn't.
[/rant]
For now I'm thinking mine carts will have to be used. Eventually the mod will update and there is a much higher chance of it working on that date, but in the mean-time I'll be looking for a decent teleportation mods instead.
Thanks for baring with me on this one, and happy building!
~Longeye~

The Corsair

Second designer house is also complete.

Also, the /give [player] [data value]:[damage value] [amount] command now works so you can give yourself things like wooden half-steps and coloured wool without going through the dyeing process. For example, /give scarth 35:15 64 would give scarth 64 black wool
Still here, just quieter

Manix

Quote from: The Corsair on May 05, 2011, 06:29:49 AM
Second designer house is also complete.

Also, the /give [player] [data value]:[damage value] [amount] command now works so you can give yourself things like wooden half-steps and coloured wool without going through the dyeing process. For example, /give scarth 35:15 64 would give scarth 64 black wool

........Are you joking? GAH I spend 2 hours last night in front of 16 furnaces trying to make enough cactus green for my airship shed.......
Ah well itll be easier now

The Sammy

Command only came back recently Manix so you didn't miss much time. Servercraft rebuilt a permissions chunk that wasn't working with Bukkit properly, so now a lot of commands have come back online.
~Longeye~

Manix

The server restarted...I got kicked....I came back but in a previous location...where is everyone else?

And a creeper just took a chunk out of my shed...

The Sammy

Right, I've updated all the building pages I was told to, so that's up to date unless anyone else has any suggestions for me (and I'll be fixing the last submarine tomorrow Makebot).
Mods are mad. I have no idea what's going on, some turn on and off at random it seems! I've contacted servercraft and am begging them for help.
~Longeye~

The Corsair

The result of getting a little bored (but not really) with wool and a bit too much free time has resulted in the completion of the 3rd designer house!
The stargates are also working now (well, for now at least) so take a look and claim whichever takes your fancy before someone else does!
Still here, just quieter

The Corsair

Still here, just quieter

The Sammy

As yes, I've heard of this one... it looks amazing and I would KILL for it to be Bukkit compatible *sigh* ah well.
In other news we have 20 registered players O.O
~Longeye~

The Sammy

Maps are all updated as of the 6th, the website now has several buildings on it up to date, and not much else is going on. Still awaiting a reply from servercraft as to what's up with the mods.
~Longeye~

Dr. makebot

Firstly, Longeye, the entry on the submarines is amazing, thank you very much  ;D
secondly, the underwater city is now being built. if you would like to add a building or something to it that would be great. please extend construction out from the light house/train station.
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

Manix

Any objections to a shipwreck on the bottom which is linked to the network?

Dr. makebot

yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

The Corsair

Sounds really cool.

The 5th house is done and I had a great idea for the 6th so got straight onto that.

Go ahead and claim them guys!
Still here, just quieter

Manix

You need to bring some of that creativity to Rapture :D

Screen shot of the Rapture so far.....

Spoiler: ShowHide